Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where should I take the kids in London- 19:30 - Feb 16 with 3744 viewssparks

that isnt obvious? Probablly doing the eye, dungeon, bodeans for tea, Hamleys...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:32 - Feb 16 with 2654 viewsLord_Lucan

Aquarium is next to the eye

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:32 - Feb 16 with 2656 viewsPecker

Camden Market.
Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:34 - Feb 16 with 2645 viewsbluefunk

if You are doing the eye, then walk East along the South Bank where you will find the Golden Hinds, Sir Francis Drakes boat.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 19:34]
Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:34 - Feb 16 with 2637 viewsRyorry

Depends on how old they are - one of the numerous Jack The Ripper tours maybe? (select carefully!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:35 - Feb 16 with 2631 viewssparks

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:34 - Feb 16 by bluefunk

if You are doing the eye, then walk East along the South Bank where you will find the Golden Hinds, Sir Francis Drakes boat.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 19:34]

I fancy HMS Belfast tbh. Daughter will get annoyed at 2 boats :-)

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:38 - Feb 16 with 2616 viewsRyorry

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:35 - Feb 16 by sparks

Cutty Sark, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich Park, esp if it's a nice day :)

(the 3-boat option, if you really want to annoy daughter!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 19:40]

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:40 - Feb 16 with 2608 viewsWD19

Agree with others, if the weather is decent Tower of London, across Tower Bridge....south bank past city hall, hays galleria, borough market, golden hinde, Tate modern, London eye and county hall is a decent walk.

.....for the flagging child there is a Nando’s midway with great views of the Thames.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 19:41]
Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:41 - Feb 16 with 2599 viewsgiant_stow

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:35 - Feb 16 by sparks

Hms Belfast is brilliant, for the fews apart from anything shippy. If they're young-ish a trip on the dlr around docklands to Greenwich and all that's there? Tall buildings trains tunnels and the cutty sark.

Am I nerd?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:42 - Feb 16 with 2595 viewsgiant_stow

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:38 - Feb 16 by Ryorry

Cutty Sark, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich Park, esp if it's a nice day :)

(the 3-boat option, if you really want to annoy daughter!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 19:40]

Snap!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:46 - Feb 16 with 2583 viewsRyorry

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:42 - Feb 16 by giant_stow

Snap!

Great minds, tho not sure whether that can be regarded as a creditable thing, considering your origins! ;)

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:47 - Feb 16 with 2581 viewsClapham_Junction

You could take the DLR to Royal Victoria, get the cable car across to the O2 where you can have some lunch, then get the riverboat service back to wherever you want to get off in central London.
Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:56 - Feb 16 with 2541 viewsCoastalblue

Where should I take the kids in London- on 19:41 - Feb 16 by giant_stow

Hms Belfast is brilliant, for the fews apart from anything shippy. If they're young-ish a trip on the dlr around docklands to Greenwich and all that's there? Tall buildings trains tunnels and the cutty sark.

Am I nerd?

Was going to be the third to reccomend Greenwich, Cutty Sark and then the National Maritime Museum and the Planetarium. If it's soon I can vouch for the fact it's not busy, I don't live too far and went last week.

The talk things they do in the planetarium are great even if it's just telling you what's in the current night sky, very informal and light presentation.

Lumps of asteroid and stuff to touch and lots of interactive displays.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:07 - Feb 16 with 2515 viewsMelford

I had a few days in London at the end of last year. Can't go wrong with the Natural History/Science/British Museums. Museum Of London and Bank Of England are pretty good too. Went in midweek and all of those had school parties going around them.
One good one for when you haven't got the kids around is the Museum at the British Library. It's not that big, only a single large room but what they have in there in really, really interesting. Lots of very important texts in there.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:19 - Feb 16 with 2490 viewsFtnfwest

Do the big easy in maiden lane instead of bodeans. Don’t know much about it but I think there’s a ‘hidden london’ tour Of certain attractions that you can book. Things like the old aldwych tube station on the strand which they use for Bond films etc
Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:34 - Feb 16 with 2468 viewsBluebell

FIrstly, how old are the children?

Younger ones love the Eye and Aquarium. Older ones love Madame Tussaud’s and the Natural History Museum.
Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:41 - Feb 16 with 2456 viewsGuthrum

As a child, I always liked the Science Museum. There were loads of things to do (handles to turn, buttons to press) even 40 years ago. Expect it has got more interactive since.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:50 - Feb 16 with 2430 viewssparks

Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:34 - Feb 16 by Bluebell

FIrstly, how old are the children?

Younger ones love the Eye and Aquarium. Older ones love Madame Tussaud’s and the Natural History Museum.

My boy has fond memories of the natural history and science museums but this is daughter's trip really, and she's less keen on such things.

I'd like to add something for myself- a good SF bookshop or vintage guitar shop that isnt on Denmark St with a markup of 178%. Or something about retro gaming. Or beer. I'll probably be sh ite out of luck :-)

Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:59 - Feb 16 with 2413 viewsGuthrum

Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:50 - Feb 16 by sparks

My boy has fond memories of the natural history and science museums but this is daughter's trip really, and she's less keen on such things.

I'd like to add something for myself- a good SF bookshop or vintage guitar shop that isnt on Denmark St with a markup of 178%. Or something about retro gaming. Or beer. I'll probably be sh ite out of luck :-)

Forbidden Planet

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where should I take the kids in London- on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 2402 viewsxrayspecs

Some good suggestions on the thread already. A lot depends on how old she is.

Will add the Tower of London. The vault with all the jewels has a real wow factor.
Where should I take the kids in London- on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2309 viewsPlums

Pop up the monument for a couple of quid. Gets the pulse racing. If that gets them interested in the great fire, try Museum of London. Rarely gets talked about but fascinating.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Where should I take the kids in London- on 22:33 - Feb 16 with 2278 viewsStokieBlue

How old?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Where should I take the kids in London- on 22:46 - Feb 16 with 2268 viewsjeera

Where should I take the kids in London- on 22:33 - Feb 16 by StokieBlue

How old?

SB

Mid to late 40s I reckon.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Where should I take the kids in London- on 22:51 - Feb 16 with 2266 viewsRyorry

Where should I take the kids in London- on 20:07 - Feb 16 by Melford

I had a few days in London at the end of last year. Can't go wrong with the Natural History/Science/British Museums. Museum Of London and Bank Of England are pretty good too. Went in midweek and all of those had school parties going around them.
One good one for when you haven't got the kids around is the Museum at the British Library. It's not that big, only a single large room but what they have in there in really, really interesting. Lots of very important texts in there.

Interesting re British Library & Museum, and BoE - hadn't thought of those & have been considering a trip down in the next few months, so ta!

Where should I take the kids in London- on 23:32 - Feb 16 with 2245 viewscaught-in-limbo

The butterfly tent outside the Natural History Museum is fantastic.

https://www.thewanderblogger.com/butterflies-natural-history-museum/

Then there's a trip to Hamley's of course.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Where should I take the kids in London- on 00:15 - Feb 17 with 2194 viewsvapour_trail

HMS Belfast and Boris Johnson’s cable car white elephant are both excellent shouts for the kids.

The slide at the orbit in Stratford will electrify them, it’s f*cking ace, albeit less then a minute for a few quid. You have to make the most of the viewing platform before you descend but they’ll love it.

Was hoping of a few suggestions on this thread for my own half term duties sparks, but I’ve got nothing new so far.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024