Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season retain and move on 19:47 - Feb 16 with 4640 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next season who of short termers or loans should we keep? And of the wider squad who should we move on? For me:

Keep:
Keane (getting better and better and would be class in league 1)
Judge (just an absolute no brainer)
Collins (if he can play enough games before end of season and important signing)

Move on:
Dawkins
Roberts
Donacien
Adeyemi (what choice?!)
Knudson (would like to keep him but he'll be snapped up on a free)
Challobah (wont do L1)
Quaner (huddersfield will have him back for champ)
Pennington (not done enough and wont drop - Wolfenden will be ready for squad)

Could go either way:
Elder (question mark still - if free he is probably going to be a better option the Kenlock)
Bree (could prove himself a great addition still but need to wait and see).

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Next season retain and move on on 19:51 - Feb 16 with 4605 viewsjpring89

Keane
Judge
Bree

But if I had to pick 1 it would be Judge

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Next season retain and move on on 19:54 - Feb 16 with 4581 viewsPecker

Think that is fair. Give Quaner back regardless though.
Next season retain and move on on 19:54 - Feb 16 with 4581 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Of course, it is never quite that simple but I would agree with most of what you say.

I very much doubt Collins will be here but if he is fit and willing he is one we should have.

I doubt Bree would be with us but you never know. Judge will depend on terms of contract and whether he can anything better.

Elder I am not at all fussed about because I don't think it would be too tricky to get someone at least as good.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next season retain and move on on 20:07 - Feb 16 with 4524 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Next season retain and move on on 19:51 - Feb 16 by jpring89

Keane
Judge
Bree

But if I had to pick 1 it would be Judge

Agree with you but Keane would need to take a massive pay cut, because he isn’t worth 20k per week or anything like.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Next season retain and move on on 21:35 - Feb 16 with 4356 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next season retain and move on on 20:07 - Feb 16 by southnorfolkblue

Agree with you but Keane would need to take a massive pay cut, because he isn’t worth 20k per week or anything like.

True but he won't be taking a pay cut in that he is out of contract. Hull may have option but wont take the option at those wages. He may have better offers but wont be at £20k. Career wise he absolutely needs to play now. He cant afford another move like the Hull one. I think regular game time with us where he can score goals might be perfect for him. He has doubled his career senior goals tally with us (prolific as a youth but he needs to prove it at senior level).

Next season retain and move on on 21:44 - Feb 16 with 4322 viewseddiespearitt03

Move On/Pay Off/Sell : Skuse/Chambers/Sears/Knudsen/Bart/Adeyemi/Huws/Nydam/Spence/Ward/
..........................................................................................................................
In First Team Squad: Woolfenden/Morris/Dozzell/Folami/Cotter/Kenlock/Emmanuel/Donacien/Harrison/Nolan/Jackson/Lankester/Bishop/Gerken/Nsiala/Roberts
Keep & Sign Loan Players: Judge/Keane
Loan Players to go: Collins/Dawkins/Quaner/Pennington/Challobah/Elder/Bree

[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 1:21]
Next season retain and move on on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 4286 viewsjpring89

Next season retain and move on on 20:07 - Feb 16 by southnorfolkblue

Thing is with Keane it’s all about wages if I’m honest there is not many players you could warrant being on 20k plus in league 1 I would be very hesitant at 10k. Wouldn’t moan if we got him regardless but I would expect between 25-30 goals in a season if he’s on that kind of money.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Next season retain and move on on 22:10 - Feb 16 with 4253 viewspatrickswell

We’ve got to get some of the players with poor injury records out the door. We will have Sears, Ward, Folami and Morris all in recovery from serious injuries. It’s time, if possible to cut our losses with Huws and Adeyemi, while we need to be realistic about James Collins, he doesn’t play enough games to warrant staying here.

I know Evans only allows for peanuts, but we have to stop signing players with long injury histories. It always comes back to bite us.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season retain and move on on 22:15 - Feb 16 with 4240 viewsbritbiker

I am becoming more impressed with Bree. I regret Kenlock struggled today.
Next season retain and move on on 22:26 - Feb 16 with 4212 viewsChampionship

I'd like us to keep -

Chalobah - I know it's completely impossible. Think he's destined for a top half Championship team next year. Just an in a perfect world one really.

Knudsen - agree he'll be snapped up on a free

Judge

Chambers

Bree

Donacien - Versatile and interesting option in league one. What's the point of loaning him to Accrington? Obviously Lambert doesn't seem to be a fan so he'll probably leave.
Next season retain and move on on 22:51 - Feb 16 with 4161 viewsGarv

Next season retain and move on on 21:57 - Feb 16 by jpring89

Thing is with Keane it’s all about wages if I’m honest there is not many players you could warrant being on 20k plus in league 1 I would be very hesitant at 10k. Wouldn’t moan if we got him regardless but I would expect between 25-30 goals in a season if he’s on that kind of money.

Do players reach those sorts of numbers in league one, or in any league for that matter?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Next season retain and move on on 23:10 - Feb 16 with 4132 viewsSarge

Personally I’d keep Roberts, I quite like him and reckon he’d be alright in L1.
Next season retain and move on on 23:52 - Feb 16 with 4065 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm genuinely of the mind to keep Judge and then just go from there; he'd run the show almost every week and be a massive step towards getting back up. Fingers crossed we can do it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Next season retain and move on on 08:39 - Feb 17 with 3850 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next season retain and move on on 21:44 - Feb 16 by eddiespearitt03

Move On/Pay Off/Sell : Skuse/Chambers/Sears/Knudsen/Bart/Adeyemi/Huws/Nydam/Spence/Ward/
..........................................................................................................................
In First Team Squad: Woolfenden/Morris/Dozzell/Folami/Cotter/Kenlock/Emmanuel/Donacien/Harrison/Nolan/Jackson/Lankester/Bishop/Gerken/Nsiala/Roberts
Keep & Sign Loan Players: Judge/Keane
Loan Players to go: Collins/Dawkins/Quaner/Pennington/Challobah/Elder/Bree

[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 1:21]

Thats a very weak squad. You've decided to chop out Skuse and Chambers. Skuse would be one of the best players in L1. You've got 85% youth. Will need experience.

Next season retain and move on on 09:06 - Feb 17 with 3796 views3_5_2

disagree re Pennington

Elder no better than Kenlock

Judge please but doubt he will stay

Quaner no loss, Kean to keep We have 2 L1 strikers in Jackson, Harrison but not sure if they can play with Keane

Bart will go (wages)

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Next season retain and move on on 09:13 - Feb 17 with 3778 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season retain and move on on 08:39 - Feb 17 by Terry_Nutkins

Thats a very weak squad. You've decided to chop out Skuse and Chambers. Skuse would be one of the best players in L1. You've got 85% youth. Will need experience.

Looks very similar to the policy of the summer except without stating we would bring in lots of unproven players in their place.

I suspect the poster is good at Football Manager but the real world doesn't work like that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next season retain and move on on 09:16 - Feb 17 with 3774 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next season retain and move on on 09:06 - Feb 17 by 3_5_2

disagree re Pennington

Elder no better than Kenlock

Judge please but doubt he will stay

Quaner no loss, Kean to keep We have 2 L1 strikers in Jackson, Harrison but not sure if they can play with Keane

Bart will go (wages)

Which bit do you disagree on re Pennington? 3 parts to it i listed. Totally get if you do think he's done enough and respect that. Do you think he would droo to L1? Also as i say i think in L1 i would sooner Woolfenden who doesnt cost us anything. When i say he hasnt done enough it is more about not doing enough to warrant buying him and affecting Woolfendon's route to 1st team.He's basically done ok but now more.

Next season retain and move on on 09:18 - Feb 17 with 3770 viewsbontcho

Next season retain and move on on 23:10 - Feb 16 by Sarge

Personally I’d keep Roberts, I quite like him and reckon he’d be alright in L1.

Roberts is an interesting one. In his position you can see Judge, Lankester and (once fit) Sears being the main players but there’s definitely a couple of spots up for grabs - Edwards, Rowe, Roberts definitely the most obvious options. May be Roberts’ versatility will help here.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Next season retain and move on on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 3621 views3_5_2

Next season retain and move on on 09:16 - Feb 17 by Terry_Nutkins

Which bit do you disagree on re Pennington? 3 parts to it i listed. Totally get if you do think he's done enough and respect that. Do you think he would droo to L1? Also as i say i think in L1 i would sooner Woolfenden who doesnt cost us anything. When i say he hasnt done enough it is more about not doing enough to warrant buying him and affecting Woolfendon's route to 1st team.He's basically done ok but now more.

I would keep Pennington but agree, not sure if he would stay

Woolfenden is the future no doubt and has cut his teeth at Swindon so L1 ready but needs an older head like Chambo or Collins, his fitness could be an issue

Ironically, we have some L1 players who are ours so in that sense

A question of if PL likes them

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Next season retain and move on on 00:20 - Feb 18 with 3510 viewsMrTown

Judge
Bree

Keanes wages far too much for L1.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Next season retain and move on on 00:35 - Feb 18 with 3501 viewseddiespearitt03

Next season retain and move on on 08:39 - Feb 17 by Terry_Nutkins

Time to move on and totally refresh the squad. Wages will have to be saved and we have enough young players ready for regular football and equipped for League One football. The emphasis has to be on attacking football like we have seen recently. There are always opportunities to sign players.
Next season retain and move on on 05:44 - Feb 18 with 3455 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Next season retain and move on on 00:35 - Feb 18 by eddiespearitt03

Time to move on and totally refresh the squad. Wages will have to be saved and we have enough young players ready for regular football and equipped for League One football. The emphasis has to be on attacking football like we have seen recently. There are always opportunities to sign players.

Need to maintain some experienced progressional heads at the club to guide us through a tricky League 1.

Can’t just rely entirely upon youth, finding the right blend is key.

Chambers and Skuse must stay imo, whether they feature week in week out is a different matter. Gerken likewise should stay as well as keeping hold of Judge.

Think Bart/Knudsen/Collins most experienced heads moving on.

Would look at bring Lee Wallace from Rangers in. 31 years old solid left back, really experienced proper professional, over 300 appearances as well as a full international. Contract up in the summer would imagine will move on from Rangers.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024