Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all you Vegans. 20:22 - Feb 16 with 3438 viewsPecker

We may well be playing Forest Green Rovers next season. I shall make sure I have my match day pie in the town. They only serve Vegan food in the ground. The owner is a save the world junkie.
For all you Vegans. on 20:54 - Feb 16 with 2935 viewsStourbridgeblue

The pies are good though

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

For all you Vegans. on 20:58 - Feb 16 with 2919 viewsxrayspecs

Visited FGR earlier in the season. Have to say the veggie burger was rather good. Not enough to convert me, but very good nonetheless.
For all you Vegans. on 21:38 - Feb 16 with 2876 viewseireblue

What Pecker eats during that potential fixture has been a major concern discussed on the TWTD Vegan whatsapp for weeks now.

Thanks for finally clarifying it for us.
For all you Vegans. on 22:05 - Feb 16 with 2846 viewsbritbiker

Had a vegan 'sausage' roll from Greggs last week whilst in Manchester. Bloody good it was. Stayed in there for about 15 mins and they had to refill the trays twice so obviously popular.

I'm not Vegan but don't understand why some meat eaters are so threatened by it. Just choose what you want and let others get on with their own choices.

Most people know Forest Green has a Vegan theme in their ground, simply eat elsewhere if that's not your thing.
For all you Vegans. on 08:09 - Feb 17 with 2756 viewsFtnfwest

For all you Vegans. on 22:05 - Feb 16 by britbiker

Had a vegan 'sausage' roll from Greggs last week whilst in Manchester. Bloody good it was. Stayed in there for about 15 mins and they had to refill the trays twice so obviously popular.

I'm not Vegan but don't understand why some meat eaters are so threatened by it. Just choose what you want and let others get on with their own choices.

Most people know Forest Green has a Vegan theme in their ground, simply eat elsewhere if that's not your thing.

I agree, although as most restaurants have vegetarian and vegan options, why can’t FG have a meat option?
For all you Vegans. on 08:48 - Feb 17 with 2720 viewsPinewoodblue

Never mind Forest Green we could find ourselves in. a lower league than Luton.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

For all you Vegans. on 08:50 - Feb 17 with 2710 viewsBluebell

For all you Vegans. on 08:09 - Feb 17 by Ftnfwest

I agree, although as most restaurants have vegetarian and vegan options, why can’t FG have a meat option?

I agree with this. I am sure they would sell a hell of a lot more if they included meat options.

Fair play to them though for giving good choices to vegetarian and vegan pies. Most places have one choice and it is usually very bland.
For all you Vegans. on 08:52 - Feb 17 with 2704 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

For all you Vegans. on 08:50 - Feb 17 by Bluebell

I agree with this. I am sure they would sell a hell of a lot more if they included meat options.

Fair play to them though for giving good choices to vegetarian and vegan pies. Most places have one choice and it is usually very bland.

Not sure they would - imagine their reputation for being vegan-only has atttacted many a day tripper and raised the clubs profile somewhat

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

For all you Vegans. on 09:02 - Feb 17 with 2687 viewsHarry_Palmer

Or you could, you know, actually try some of their offerings seeing as it is only one day out of your life.

You never know you might surprise yourself and actually enjoy some food without meat in it.
For all you Vegans. on 09:10 - Feb 17 with 2674 viewsSwailsey

As a veggie, I know I’m biased but..

Presumably when they have a roast, meat eaters don’t just eat the meat and ignore the potatoes, veg, puddings etc?

You can eat things that aren’t meat..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

For all you Vegans. on 09:21 - Feb 17 with 2656 viewsGuthrum

For all you Vegans. on 09:02 - Feb 17 by Harry_Palmer

Or you could, you know, actually try some of their offerings seeing as it is only one day out of your life.

You never know you might surprise yourself and actually enjoy some food without meat in it.

Slippery slope. Enjoy a veggie burger once and within days you'll be subsisting entirely upon green lentils and boiled rice. Vegetarian options - just say no!

This message was brought to you by the Association for Food Choice Insecurities

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

For all you Vegans. on 09:26 - Feb 17 with 2639 viewsDubtractor

Imagine getting upset at people trying to leave less of an environmental impact on the planet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

For all you Vegans. on 09:28 - Feb 17 with 2636 viewsDubtractor

For all you Vegans. on 09:10 - Feb 17 by Swailsey

As a veggie, I know I’m biased but..

Presumably when they have a roast, meat eaters don’t just eat the meat and ignore the potatoes, veg, puddings etc?

You can eat things that aren’t meat..

BLASPHEMER!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

For all you Vegans. on 09:46 - Feb 17 with 2603 viewsbritbiker

That's the problem though most resturants have one option. Could you imagine meat eaters going out for a meal and being told your all having chicken in a bun as thats the one option.
How hard is it to supply and store a couple of choices.
Plus for some reason the veggie option if always the smallest option on the menu.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 10:08]
For all you Vegans. on 09:50 - Feb 17 with 2576 viewsgordon

For all you Vegans. on 08:52 - Feb 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure they would - imagine their reputation for being vegan-only has atttacted many a day tripper and raised the clubs profile somewhat

Yeah, this - they will have attracted loads more support and backing with their stance than they have lost in foregone revenues from selling hot dogs.

I think it's a brilliant idea and I'm not a vegan.
For all you Vegans. on 09:52 - Feb 17 with 2582 viewsPecker

For all you Vegans. on 09:02 - Feb 17 by Harry_Palmer

It was only meant as a bit of a joke post. My was is a veggie and I have tried many veggie and vegan dishes and enjoyed them. Veganism seems a bit of a taboo subject on here for some reason. Just a light hearted comment. No need to take it so seriously.
For all you Vegans. on 10:18 - Feb 17 with 2540 viewsHerbivore

Do you really need help with answering that?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

For all you Vegans. on 10:23 - Feb 17 with 2534 viewsBlueBadger

Don't know why you're upset, it's not like the burgers they contain at PR have any actual MEAT in them...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For all you Vegans. on 10:28 - Feb 17 with 2517 viewsBlueBoots

Would you be refused entry to the ground if they found beef jerky / peperamis when they frisk the fans?

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

For all you Vegans. on 10:35 - Feb 17 with 2503 viewsbritbiker

For all you Vegans. on 10:23 - Feb 17 by BlueBadger

Don't know why you're upset, it's not like the burgers they contain at PR have any actual MEAT in them...

Dont get me on to catering at PR again. Following on from my thread mid week. I ate outside this time prior to the match so at half time , as the crowds were smaller, I thought I would just get a chocolate bar. Nope not at PR. We have run out. Seriously
They can buy them in a big box and they last for months. And while im ranting. Why does the Kenco coffee smell of TCP. Thats three times now so it must be the norm. Rant over.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 10:36]
For all you Vegans. on 10:40 - Feb 17 with 2483 viewseireblue

For all you Vegans. on 10:35 - Feb 17 by britbiker

Dont get me on to catering at PR again. Following on from my thread mid week. I ate outside this time prior to the match so at half time , as the crowds were smaller, I thought I would just get a chocolate bar. Nope not at PR. We have run out. Seriously
They can buy them in a big box and they last for months. And while im ranting. Why does the Kenco coffee smell of TCP. Thats three times now so it must be the norm. Rant over.

Kenco coffee has improved then?
For all you Vegans. on 10:42 - Feb 17 with 2480 viewsDubtractor

For all you Vegans. on 09:52 - Feb 17 by Pecker

It was only meant as a bit of a joke post. My was is a veggie and I have tried many veggie and vegan dishes and enjoyed them. Veganism seems a bit of a taboo subject on here for some reason. Just a light hearted comment. No need to take it so seriously.

Fair enough - there are plenty on here who do get genuinely upset by people not eating meat though!

For all you Vegans. on 10:45 - Feb 17 with 2471 viewsfabian_illness

For all you Vegans. on 10:35 - Feb 17 by britbiker

The tea is the same. Tastes like chlorine.
For all you Vegans. on 11:00 - Feb 17 with 2445 viewsRyorry

For all you Vegans. on 10:45 - Feb 17 by fabian_illness

The tea is the same. Tastes like chlorine.

Which day of the week does Suffolk Water (or whatever the local water supplier is called) chlorinate their supply? This gives all tea made with it a taint.

As far as meat in vegan places is concerned, I was once barred from entering a vegan shop because I was carrying with me some meat bought elsewhere - it was wrapped, but visible on top of my shopping bag!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

For all you Vegans. on 11:00 - Feb 17 with 2443 viewsHarry_Palmer

For all you Vegans. on 09:52 - Feb 17 by Pecker

Sorry Pecker, I wasn't having a go. That's the thing about written text you can't always decipher the tone.

I didn't detect the joke element to your original post and also my reply wasn't all that serious, just a suggestion really.

I have heard though that the vegan food at forest Green is really pretty good and surprises a lot of people, it might well be worth trying if the opportunity arises.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024