Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Vapists 20:45 - Feb 16 with 4034 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm gonna give the vape a go and stop smoking, any vaping people got any vape store recommendations?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

TWTD Vapists on 21:31 - Feb 16 with 3683 viewspickles110564

Lord, might be scare stories but some people say it can cause popcorn lung, please be careful m8 and do some research first.
TWTD Vapists on 22:05 - Feb 16 with 3631 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 21:31 - Feb 16 by pickles110564

Lord, might be scare stories but some people say it can cause popcorn lung, please be careful m8 and do some research first.

I appreciate your concern Pickles, however I believe the substance of concern is diacetyl and that is now banned from cigarette liquids in the EU

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

TWTD Vapists on 22:18 - Feb 16 with 3596 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

TWTD Vapists on 22:05 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

I appreciate your concern Pickles, however I believe the substance of concern is diacetyl and that is now banned from cigarette liquids in the EU

Been on them for 5 years. Get mine from Tesco/Co op/Asda. Motives, bloody addictive though chap.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

TWTD Vapists on 22:40 - Feb 16 with 3566 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 22:18 - Feb 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Been on them for 5 years. Get mine from Tesco/Co op/Asda. Motives, bloody addictive though chap.

I need to quit because of the grandson

I tried it a few years back but I couldn't put the liquid in properly and it kept leaking and burning my mouth.

I'm sort of hoping they've evolved a bit.

TWTD Vapists on 22:43 - Feb 16 with 3549 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

TWTD Vapists on 22:40 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

I need to quit because of the grandson

I tried it a few years back but I couldn't put the liquid in properly and it kept leaking and burning my mouth.

I'm sort of hoping they've evolved a bit.

Motives have screw in filters & no liquid, so no flavour or smell. They look like ciggies.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

TWTD Vapists on 23:00 - Feb 16 with 3536 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lucan, read the first paragraph of the conclusion from this study:

http://www.thrivetraining.info/wp-content/uploads/The-Craving-to-Smoke-in-Flight

That was enough for me. That tells you that smoking addiction has little to do with nicotine and more to do with the fact that habits are hard to break.

I used to be a 20/day smoker. Over the last 7 or 8 years (since I read that linked study), I've been able to go for months at a time without smoking, then have a cigarette (or 5) and then leave it for weeks or even months again. I'm simply not addicted because I now know there's very little to be addicted to. I just know that habits are hard to break, so I no longer smoke habitually.

Think about it, if you were a marketing man in the tobacco selling business, you'd do your best to propagate the belief that smoking was difficult to give up because of some craving in your body for something in the cigarette itself.

That's what they've done. And it works. It used to work on me too. Then I read that study (linked).

So, don't bother with the vaping, break the habitual nature of smoking, realise it's mostly in your head and then enjoy a cigarette when you feel like it without feeling guilty about it.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

TWTD Vapists on 23:09 - Feb 16 with 3497 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 23:00 - Feb 16 by caught-in-limbo

http://www.thrivetraining.info/wp-content/uploads/The-Craving-to-Smoke-in-Flight

That was enough for me. That tells you that smoking addiction has little to do with nicotine and more to do with the fact that habits are hard to break.

I used to be a 20/day smoker. Over the last 7 or 8 years (since I read that linked study), I've been able to go for months at a time without smoking, then have a cigarette (or 5) and then leave it for weeks or even months again. I'm simply not addicted because I now know there's very little to be addicted to. I just know that habits are hard to break, so I no longer smoke habitually.

Think about it, if you were a marketing man in the tobacco selling business, you'd do your best to propagate the belief that smoking was difficult to give up because of some craving in your body for something in the cigarette itself.

That's what they've done. And it works. It used to work on me too. Then I read that study (linked).

So, don't bother with the vaping, break the habitual nature of smoking, realise it's mostly in your head and then enjoy a cigarette when you feel like it without feeling guilty about it.

I'll have a look thanks..........but I am a weak man

TWTD Vapists on 23:23 - Feb 16 with 3470 viewscaught-in-limbo

TWTD Vapists on 23:09 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

That's another excuse.

If you say you're weak, you're really saying "I don't actually want to give up smoking".

If that's the case carry on smoking and enjoy it without feeling guilty. Don't beat yourself up for smoking, just decide that you'll gradually change the times when you smoke. Don't reduce the number of cigarettes you have at first, just break your smoking routine and don't replace it with a new one.

Of course, if your doctor looked you straight in the eye and said "if you keep smoking you won't live for more than 12 months" you'd probably give up. So, at the end of the day it's just a question of if you want to or not.

You come across to me a logical person - I reckon it'll be quite easy for you to give up.

I tried giving up loads of times unsuccessfully because I took other people's word for it. Work it out for yourself and it's pretty simple really.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Vapists on 23:26 - Feb 16 with 3461 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 23:23 - Feb 16 by caught-in-limbo

That's another excuse.

If you say you're weak, you're really saying "I don't actually want to give up smoking".

If that's the case carry on smoking and enjoy it without feeling guilty. Don't beat yourself up for smoking, just decide that you'll gradually change the times when you smoke. Don't reduce the number of cigarettes you have at first, just break your smoking routine and don't replace it with a new one.

Of course, if your doctor looked you straight in the eye and said "if you keep smoking you won't live for more than 12 months" you'd probably give up. So, at the end of the day it's just a question of if you want to or not.

You come across to me a logical person - I reckon it'll be quite easy for you to give up.

I tried giving up loads of times unsuccessfully because I took other people's word for it. Work it out for yourself and it's pretty simple really.

I don't want to give up, I love smoking - but I need to set a good example to my grandson.

I gave up for three years once!

TWTD Vapists on 23:32 - Feb 16 with 3449 viewsChampionship

TWTD Vapists on 23:09 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

This is good

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrive-Non-smoker-Amazing-Smoking-Quickly/dp/0956516688

Expands on the point CIL has made about it just being a habit.
TWTD Vapists on 23:37 - Feb 16 with 3435 viewscaught-in-limbo

TWTD Vapists on 23:26 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

I don't want to give up, I love smoking - but I need to set a good example to my grandson.

How old is your grandson?

#toxic

TWTD Vapists on 23:40 - Feb 16 with 3426 viewsjeera

TWTD Vapists on 23:26 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

I stopped for 2 years then started again when I met a smoker. She cleared off after a while owing me money and I was still smoking.

This time around I think it's now something like 8 years since I've smoked. (There was a spliff one night some 5 years ago and although that doesn't count it left me craving for around a fortnight).

I've not had a drink for 5 months. Found that hard at first and still fancy a glass of red and a beer or 3, but those will keep for now.

As CIL says, put your mind to it and you'll stop, no worries.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TWTD Vapists on 00:02 - Feb 17 with 3389 viewsgiant_stow

Interesting thoughts, thanks.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

TWTD Vapists on 00:19 - Feb 17 with 3363 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 23:37 - Feb 16 by caught-in-limbo

How old is your grandson?

6 months

TWTD Vapists on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 3211 viewsGuthrum

When I gave up smoking, I just stopped (no patches, cutting down, vaping didn't exist). However, for a couple of weeks after I was walking around with a nearly full pack and a lighter in my pocket. I'm convinced that the fact I knew I could have a ciggy at any time contributed to lessening and overcoming the psychological cravings.

Eventually I gave them all away and that was that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 10:07 - Feb 17 with 3153 views_

TWTD Vapists on 22:05 - Feb 16 by Lord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 10:13 - Feb 17 with 3145 viewsgtsb

Vaping is as anti social as smoking. I hate walking behind someone who vapes.
TWTD Vapists on 10:17 - Feb 17 with 3139 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD Vapists on 21:31 - Feb 16 by pickles110564

This is just Project Fear. Popcorn is EXPANDED corn, therefore there is nothing to worry about, if anything Kucan should double down on it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD Vapists on 10:18 - Feb 17 with 3136 viewsjeera

TWTD Vapists on 10:13 - Feb 17 by gtsb

Vaping is as anti social as smoking. I hate walking behind someone who vapes.

I think I actually prefer smoke if I'm honest.

Some of those things smell like mobile plug-in Glade air fresheners.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TWTD Vapists on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 3129 viewsBlueBadger

TWTD Vapists on 10:17 - Feb 17 by BlueBadger

This is just Project Fear. Popcorn is EXPANDED corn, therefore there is nothing to worry about, if anything Kucan should double down on it.

Slightly more seriously.
https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/cancer-controvers

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TWTD Vapists on 10:31 - Feb 17 with 3115 viewsgtsb

TWTD Vapists on 10:18 - Feb 17 by jeera

I think I actually prefer smoke if I'm honest.

Some of those things smell like mobile plug-in Glade air fresheners.

Absolutely. If I want apple pie and custard I'll eat it.....not smoke it!
TWTD Vapists on 10:53 - Feb 17 with 3082 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 10:31 - Feb 17 by gtsb

Absolutely. If I want apple pie and custard I'll eat it.....not smoke it!

I tend to agree, I hate being covered in 5 CBM of strawberry but needs must. I won’t be one of those cretins with a breeze block sized thing. I am in town now and I shall try and get something that resembles golden Virginia or a nice Malboro Red.

I like the ideas of one that looks like a fag so I can continue to look cool but I’m not sure if they are very efffective.

TWTD Vapists on 11:01 - Feb 17 with 3067 viewshampstead_blue

Have you tried the audiobook version of Alan Carr, Easy way to stop smoking.....

Grab Audible and you can get a freebie.

I stopped before the book had ended.....really good.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

TWTD Vapists on 11:01 - Feb 17 with 3067 viewsgtsb

TWTD Vapists on 10:53 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

I tend to agree, I hate being covered in 5 CBM of strawberry but needs must. I won’t be one of those cretins with a breeze block sized thing. I am in town now and I shall try and get something that resembles golden Virginia or a nice Malboro Red.

I like the ideas of one that looks like a fag so I can continue to look cool but I’m not sure if they are very efffective.

I gave up smoking in 2010 after thirty years of smoking. I used nicotine gum but it took me a year to give that up too. Like you I wanted something that actually tasted like a cigarette.
TWTD Vapists on 11:04 - Feb 17 with 3060 viewsLord_Lucan

TWTD Vapists on 11:01 - Feb 17 by hampstead_blue

Have you tried the audiobook version of Alan Carr, Easy way to stop smoking.....

Grab Audible and you can get a freebie.

I stopped before the book had ended.....really good.

I have audible and might have a listen when I’ve finished Peter Crouch.

Ta

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024