Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our goal yesterday 11:22 - Feb 17 with 3858 viewsFixed_It

You'd be screwing as a Stoke fan. At least 5 players around Keane and nobody seemed to jump. Criminal really - not that I am complaining.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Our goal yesterday on 11:24 - Feb 17 with 3834 viewstextbackup

it was the nisala sub that confused the stoke defence, you could see when he ran in they were a bit like "whos got him then"
well played PL

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our goal yesterday on 11:26 - Feb 17 with 3828 viewsFixed_It

Our goal yesterday on 11:24 - Feb 17 by textbackup

it was the nisala sub that confused the stoke defence, you could see when he ran in they were a bit like "whos got him then"
well played PL

Agreed. Totally put the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons. Still awful defending though.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:28]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Our goal yesterday on 12:20 - Feb 17 with 3731 views44_not_out

I’d be fuming if I was a Stoke fan. They let Lambert go remember. They must be watching us and thinking we should be playing with that passion. Their three subs are probably earining more than our entire starting 11.

But luckily for them, they’ve gone down the ‘young and upcoming track suited’ manager. Good luck to the them!
Our goal yesterday on 12:21 - Feb 17 with 3722 viewsSteve_M

Our goal yesterday on 12:20 - Feb 17 by 44_not_out

I’d be fuming if I was a Stoke fan. They let Lambert go remember. They must be watching us and thinking we should be playing with that passion. Their three subs are probably earining more than our entire starting 11.

But luckily for them, they’ve gone down the ‘young and upcoming track suited’ manager. Good luck to the them!

Nathan Jones has been there about a month, a little early to blame him for them not being very good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our goal yesterday on 12:26 - Feb 17 with 3718 viewspatrickswell

I had a look at The Oatcake forum and they are not happy at all. One made the point that their goal was their only effort on target and wouldn’t have come about except for the error.

As for us, I’ve heard so much about Judge’s set piece delivery, it’s good to have finally scored from one.
Our goal yesterday on 12:26 - Feb 17 with 3713 views44_not_out

Our goal yesterday on 12:21 - Feb 17 by Steve_M

Nathan Jones has been there about a month, a little early to blame him for them not being very good.

I know he’s only just arrived and I wasn’t blaming Nathan Jones, but he reminded of an individual who stood in our dug out and looked a little lost. I think we know how it COULD develop and I fear for them and their wage bill.

What I was suggesting is that Stoke appeared to have missed a trick in getting rid of Lambert.
Our goal yesterday on 12:40 - Feb 17 with 3668 viewsFixed_It

Our goal yesterday on 12:26 - Feb 17 by 44_not_out

I know he’s only just arrived and I wasn’t blaming Nathan Jones, but he reminded of an individual who stood in our dug out and looked a little lost. I think we know how it COULD develop and I fear for them and their wage bill.

What I was suggesting is that Stoke appeared to have missed a trick in getting rid of Lambert.

I actually rate Jones as a manager - he was my preferred choice for our job in the summer. However, I do fear that unless things turn in his favour quickly he might struggle with some of the large wages and egos at the Club. Possibly a much harder task than Hurst had here and he failed miserably.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 12:41]

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Our goal yesterday on 13:34 - Feb 17 with 3586 viewsEly_Blue

well played PL

Funny thing was they had just brought a defensive old man Adams on and an extra defender in the “Paul Digby” mould of late changes

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

Our goal yesterday on 13:52 - Feb 17 with 3538 viewsunstableblue

Our goal yesterday on 12:26 - Feb 17 by patrickswell

I had a look at The Oatcake forum and they are not happy at all. One made the point that their goal was their only effort on target and wouldn’t have come about except for the error.

As for us, I’ve heard so much about Judge’s set piece delivery, it’s good to have finally scored from one.

Judge also hit the bar; and the Bree/Edwards interplay looked promising.

I still think people are under estimating how good Stoke were individually / their welsh international was really good once he got going. As was ince. But they are fragmented as steam.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Our goal yesterday on 13:55 - Feb 17 with 3514 viewstextbackup

Our goal yesterday on 13:52 - Feb 17 by unstableblue

Judge also hit the bar; and the Bree/Edwards interplay looked promising.

I still think people are under estimating how good Stoke were individually / their welsh international was really good once he got going. As was ince. But they are fragmented as steam.

yeah but there's a small % who are now going into sulk mode, will moan all day long. the same people that would have 100% defended draws previously.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our goal yesterday on 14:02 - Feb 17 with 3495 viewsKieran_Knows

Our goal yesterday on 13:55 - Feb 17 by textbackup

yeah but there's a small % who are now going into sulk mode, will moan all day long. the same people that would have 100% defended draws previously.

Yeah, but Lambert is only good at the off field stuff.

Or something like that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Our goal yesterday on 17:39 - Feb 17 with 3281 viewsTrequartista

I think it is more likely they are hoping they don't end up as bad as us and are not surprised our manager is becoming increasingly deluded

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Our goal yesterday on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 3204 viewsBluespeed225

old school 'man on each post' defending would have blocked the header easily, as Derby did with Knudsens' shot the other night. Seems to be out of style now.
Our goal yesterday on 11:36 - Feb 18 with 3020 viewsgood_at_COD

Our goal yesterday on 12:26 - Feb 17 by 44_not_out

Missed a trick? He won two of 16 games at Stoke and you do realise, don’t you, that he has only won two of 19 here? Wonder if Wolves fans are also missing him.

Giggsy

Our goal yesterday on 11:38 - Feb 18 with 3013 viewsJammyDodgerrr

well played PL

Correct.

Also a terrific header from Keane.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Our goal yesterday on 13:25 - Feb 18 with 2930 views44_not_out

Our goal yesterday on 11:36 - Feb 18 by good_at_COD

Missed a trick? He won two of 16 games at Stoke and you do realise, don’t you, that he has only won two of 19 here? Wonder if Wolves fans are also missing him.

I’m guessing that you don’t rate him 😂
Our goal yesterday on 14:04 - Feb 18 with 2870 viewsreusersfreekicks

Our goal yesterday on 12:21 - Feb 17 by Steve_M

Maybe but for a team so good on paper to be so terrible is some achievement, especially their second half where we effectively dominated them!!
Our goal yesterday on 14:32 - Feb 18 with 2834 viewsSteve_M

Our goal yesterday on 14:04 - Feb 18 by reusersfreekicks

Maybe but for a team so good on paper to be so terrible is some achievement, especially their second half where we effectively dominated them!!

Yes, but the reason Jones is there is that Rowett didn't manage to achieve good enough results quickly enough which in turn goes back to the mess of a squad left by Hughes. It's a big jump for him and there might have been clubs to move to in the Summer.

We didn't effectively dominate them in the second half though, they controlled the game with a minimum of effort for the greater part of it. It was all Premier League time-wasting and cynicism. We did do much better than in many similar matches this season of trying to change that, Edwards in particular made a difference as sub and fully deserved a draw.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our goal yesterday on 15:42 - Feb 18 with 2760 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

What an odd turn of phrase..

I'm not sure I've ever heard the term "screwing" in that context. If you had said "Spewing" then I would fully understand. Is that what was meant?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024