Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? 11:39 - Feb 17 with 1932 viewsWeWereZombies

Town supporter from '78 in the opening montage.

And Suffolk born Matthew Upson as one of the pundits.

These are the straws we have to clutch at these days...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 1733 viewsfactual_blue

Ray Crawford is there too, when he scored twice for Colchester in their 3-2 defeat of dirty leeds in 1971.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 18:48 - Feb 17 with 1718 viewsPJH

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 18:33 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

Ray Crawford is there too, when he scored twice for Colchester in their 3-2 defeat of dirty leeds in 1971.

A day on which I was at Stoke watching us get a 0-0 draw,pity we lost the replay.
Hammond,Bell and Jefferson in our defence that day.
Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 19:11 - Feb 17 with 1689 viewsWeWereZombies

I realise I forget Waghorn and Marriott playing for Derby, Massimo Luongo almost scoring for QPR...

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 19:47 - Feb 17 with 1665 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 18:48 - Feb 17 by PJH

A day on which I was at Stoke watching us get a 0-0 draw,pity we lost the replay.

Ray's observations on the game

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/feb/14/colchester-defeat-leeds-fa-cup

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 19:54 - Feb 17 with 1651 viewsPJH

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 19:47 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

Ray's observations on the game

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/feb/14/colchester-defeat-leeds-fa-cup

Thanks for posting that.

Ray Crawford, I was so lucky to see him at his peak for us.
Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 22:47 - Feb 17 with 1532 viewsfloridablue

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 18:48 - Feb 17 by PJH

That's certainly woken the old memory cells. For some stupid reason my mate and I 'attempted' thumbing it from Ipswich to Stoke that day. Somewhere around St Neoets (I think) mid Saturday we gave up and trained home...I'd rather not say what time we started the adventure!
Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 09:47 - Feb 18 with 1389 viewsTractorCam

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 19:54 - Feb 17 by PJH

Thanks for posting that.

Ray Crawford, I was so lucky to see him at his peak for us.

PJH, do you know why he only made 2 appearances for England?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 09:50 - Feb 18 with 1376 viewsLord_Lucan

If it's the same one as I saw the other week then it's none other than our own Tottenham defecting Jeremy Thorpe

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 09:58 - Feb 18 with 1339 viewsPJH

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 09:47 - Feb 18 by TractorCam

PJH, do you know why he only made 2 appearances for England?

He should have had a lot more but when he did get picked I believe that the squad and maybe team selection was done by committee-Walter Winterbottom was England Manager but I think he only had to work with whoever the "committee" put in front of him
Ray was in the 40 for the 1962 WC in Chile but I think they chose Alan Peacock of Mbro ahead of him when cutting it to 22.
He did get one goal in his two games.
When Alf Ramsey took over in 1963 he had full say in who was picked but don't know if got close to picking Ray who moved to Wolves in 1963.
I don't think that there can be much doubt that in 1961/62 Ray was the best centre forward in England and there was some suggestions that Ted Phillips should be in the England team with him.
Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 10:09 - Feb 18 with 1305 viewsTractorCam

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 09:58 - Feb 18 by PJH

He should have had a lot more but when he did get picked I believe that the squad and maybe team selection was done by committee-Walter Winterbottom was England Manager but I think he only had to work with whoever the "committee" put in front of him
Ray was in the 40 for the 1962 WC in Chile but I think they chose Alan Peacock of Mbro ahead of him when cutting it to 22.
He did get one goal in his two games.
When Alf Ramsey took over in 1963 he had full say in who was picked but don't know if got close to picking Ray who moved to Wolves in 1963.
I don't think that there can be much doubt that in 1961/62 Ray was the best centre forward in England and there was some suggestions that Ted Phillips should be in the England team with him.

Bizarre way of doing things, would have thought Alf would be picking him with Ted especially.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 10:15 - Feb 18 with 1292 viewsPJH

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 10:09 - Feb 18 by TractorCam

Bizarre way of doing things, would have thought Alf would be picking him with Ted especially.

But by the time that Alf got the England job (in 1963)Ted Phillips was in decline so at that point Crawford and Phillips were not the deadly partnership that they had been.
If Ted was ever going to get picked it would have been in 1961/62.
Ray scored 33 goals in 49 games in 1962/63 for us and another 28 in 41 games in 1963/64 almost exclusively for Wolves so he was still a very good goal scorer.
Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 10:53 - Feb 18 with 1240 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 09:50 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

If it's the same one as I saw the other week then it's none other than our own Tottenham defecting Jeremy Thorpe

There are a couple of reasons why it is clearly not Jeremy Thorpe...

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 10:57 - Feb 18 with 1233 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 10:53 - Feb 18 by WeWereZombies

There are a couple of reasons why it is clearly not Jeremy Thorpe...

Oh ok.

The clip I saw the other week was of Jezza resplendent with 70'a afro.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone watched the BBC FA Cup 'Match of the Day'? on 11:15 - Feb 18 with 1203 viewsSwansea_Blue

Missed the intro last night, but I did see Celina pulling the strings for Swansea. Such a shame that we've not been in a position to tie down any of the decent players we've had on loans over the last few years. Bullard the last one and look how that turned out. Lawrence and Celina both went to Championship clubs. Anyway, nothing new as we know we can't compete financially, just a bit annoying.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024