Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season. 12:23 - Feb 17 with 2195 viewsOwainG1992

So let's just say we are in league one next season.
Makes life easier to kind of just accept that.
I do believe we will get a few results and keep the ride going longer than expected though!
Which players do people feel will be key under the Lambert regime next year.

For me I feel its key we keep Bart.
In defence I see Nsiala Kenlock and Emmanuel being important.
Midfield should hopefully pretty much be set.
Dozzell, Downes, Bishop, Judge? Would be a fine signing for next year.
Out wide I feel we will need 1 or 2 additions but it will be interesting to see how say Gwion and maybe Danny Rowe do if he is kept.
Up front we need to keep Will Keane.
Harrison and Jackson will do better in league 1 I believe.
I do think we will go for a big lump similar in style to Quarner but hopefully better! I'd love Lee Gregory if we could pull that off.
Sorry for rambling guys.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Next season. on 12:33 - Feb 17 with 2163 viewsChampionship

I can see Bart going on a free to get him off the wage bill. Both he and Gerken have served us well but I wouldn't mind seeing them both go. Think we need a fresh start in the keeper position.
Next season. on 12:49 - Feb 17 with 2107 viewsfloridaboy

Next season. on 12:33 - Feb 17 by Championship

I can see Bart going on a free to get him off the wage bill. Both he and Gerken have served us well but I wouldn't mind seeing them both go. Think we need a fresh start in the keeper position.

Why would Bart go for a free? He signed a 3 year deal on top money. Yes we need to get that off the wage bill but not on a free. Plus not sure many out there would want a keeper who has not been great this season so far.

Personally not sure what the club will do with the likes of Skuse and Chambers. Big wage earners but next season would surely be bit part players. Expensive bench warmers!!
Next season. on 12:50 - Feb 17 with 2106 viewsbontcho

Next season. on 12:33 - Feb 17 by Championship

A new keeper with better distribution is important for PL’s style I’d say. Bart will have to go, I reckon for a fee but nothing like we would have got in the summer. Gerken’s distribution is awful so I’d see keeper as one of the few positions we’d actually get someone totally fresh in (right back may be another).

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Next season. on 13:00 - Feb 17 with 2076 viewsHorseboy

Next season. on 12:49 - Feb 17 by floridaboy

Why would Bart go for a free? He signed a 3 year deal on top money. Yes we need to get that off the wage bill but not on a free. Plus not sure many out there would want a keeper who has not been great this season so far.

Personally not sure what the club will do with the likes of Skuse and Chambers. Big wage earners but next season would surely be bit part players. Expensive bench warmers!!

From nowhere we will need to slash our wage bill, sadly this will put us in a weak position whilst bart is earning one mill per year when negotiating his fee. Won't be millions, lucky to get one million fee IMO
Next season. on 13:09 - Feb 17 with 2041 viewsFtnfwest

I think he’ll go for a fee but it’s likely to be barely half the £5m touted a year or so ago once he’d (kind of) confirmed he was going to sign a new contract
Next season. on 13:14 - Feb 17 with 2019 viewsbontcho

Next season. on 13:00 - Feb 17 by Horseboy

From nowhere we will need to slash our wage bill, sadly this will put us in a weak position whilst bart is earning one mill per year when negotiating his fee. Won't be millions, lucky to get one million fee IMO

Part of this will depend who, if anyone, wants him. Who in the top half of the Championship might be looking for a new keeper? Hull?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Next season. on 13:30 - Feb 17 with 1982 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I would be suprised if any of Nsiala, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Harrison or Jackson start the first game of next season let alone be key players. Lambert won't suddenly rate them because we are in L1. I'm not convinced eith Kenlock or Emmanuel will make the grade. Think Woolfendon will overtake Nsiala on bench. Still hoping Harrison and Jackson make the grade but Lambert will bring Keane or another in.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Next season. on 14:17 - Feb 17 with 1872 viewsChampionship

That's how we got him in the first place because Notts County wanted him off the wage bill. Teams will use his large contract as leverage to get him cheaply. Would save us quite a bit of money to get him off the wage bill. Maybe a small fee <£500k but wouldn't surprise me to see him go for nothing. Obviously I hope not.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season. on 14:21 - Feb 17 with 1861 viewsSuperblue95

Next season. on 13:09 - Feb 17 by Ftnfwest

I think he’ll go for a fee but it’s likely to be barely half the £5m touted a year or so ago once he’d (kind of) confirmed he was going to sign a new contract

We won’t get anywhere near to 2.5 million for him. A few hundred thousand tops

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Next season. on 14:56 - Feb 17 with 1775 viewsFtnfwest

Next season. on 14:21 - Feb 17 by Superblue95

We won’t get anywhere near to 2.5 million for him. A few hundred thousand tops

Probably right. At one time the likely fee for him would have paid the reduction in income for the first year in league one. Reckon we’d get 1-2m still
Next season. on 15:01 - Feb 17 with 1756 viewsMrTown

Bart to leave for around £1m mark.

Out contract players - Knudsen, Adeyemi, Ward, Dawkins, Collins + 6 loans leaving.

Rebuild around the youngsters: Emmanuel/ Woolfenden/ Ndaba / Kenlock / Downes / Bishop / Dozzell / Nydam / Lankester / Morris etc

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Next season. on 16:44 - Feb 17 with 1612 viewsjpring89

Next season. on 13:00 - Feb 17 by Horseboy

Even if we took sat 500-750k that would be sufficient money to get a decent keeper at League 1 level and on a lot less wages.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Next season. on 20:32 - Feb 17 with 1398 viewsGluedtoBlue

Wouldn't be overly surprised to see both keepers move on to be honest. Despite form, I could see a top championship or even prem side sniff around Bart as a squad player. He's proved he's a good keeper...form is temporary and all that.

Chambers and Woolfenden will be CBs in my opinion. 2 new full backs as Knudsen will leave. The youngsters (MK and JE not first choice).

Bishop and Downes will stay and play regularly. Skuse? Possibly. Hopefully get some game time out of Huws.

A striker is guaranteed to come in. I hope we keep Keane as well but think he might hit form and get himself another championship club.

I predict 5 signings + 1 or 2 loans

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024