Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pro brexit protesters 19:09 - Feb 17 with 6114 viewsDubtractor

A great bunch of lads....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47270935?fbclid=IwAR3XVGrKEbKjWMNhX

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Pro brexit protesters on 19:11 - Feb 17 with 2869 viewsSpruceMoose

The sound of breathing through mouths must have been deafening.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pro brexit protesters on 19:20 - Feb 17 with 2847 viewsBlueBadger

I like how in that picture there, there's someone patriotically waving a union flag with the wrong shade of blue and another one, not-at-all-traitorously waving the flag of a foreign country.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pro brexit protesters on 19:26 - Feb 17 with 2839 viewsLord_Lucan

I fear the far right are going to completely hijack the BREXIT thing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pro brexit protesters on 19:28 - Feb 17 with 2826 viewsfactual_blue

Pro brexit protesters on 19:26 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

You're about two years too late.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pro brexit protesters on 19:37 - Feb 17 with 2791 viewsBlueBadger

Pro brexit protesters on 19:26 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pro brexit protesters on 19:46 - Feb 17 with 2777 viewsPendejo

There doesn't appear to be more than a handful of people there, is it one subject per protestor?

The protesters were demanding a no-deal Brexit, an end to immigration, and an end to what they see as mainstream fake news and justice for three teenage boys killed by a drink-driver in London in 2018.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Pro brexit protesters on 19:48 - Feb 17 with 2752 viewsfactual_blue

Pro brexit protesters on 19:46 - Feb 17 by Pendejo

There doesn't appear to be more than a handful of people there, is it one subject per protestor?

The protesters were demanding a no-deal Brexit, an end to immigration, and an end to what they see as mainstream fake news and justice for three teenage boys killed by a drink-driver in London in 2018.

They appear to be the tea-pot party.

Pro brexit protesters on 20:02 - Feb 17 with 2747 viewsDubtractor

Whilst we're on Brexit, here's another Brexit supporter doing his best to look after our great country.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/17/brexiter-jim-ratcliffe-uk-riche

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Pro brexit protesters on 20:22 - Feb 17 with 2685 viewsfactual_blue

Pro brexit protesters on 20:02 - Feb 17 by Dubtractor

Whilst we're on Brexit, here's another Brexit supporter doing his best to look after our great country.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/17/brexiter-jim-ratcliffe-uk-riche

Hypocritical brexiteers Part 23495686 by factual_blue 17 Feb 2019 12:21
https://www.joe.co.uk/news/jim-ratcliffe-leave-uk-220063

He's fleeing to a tax haven that uses the Euro, is part of the Schengen area, and is part of the Customs Union.

So, it's a de facto member of the EU.

Pro brexit protesters on 20:36 - Feb 17 with 2660 viewsjimmyvet

Pro brexit protesters on 19:28 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

You're about two years too late.

Good job the far left haven't hijacked he labour party!
Pro brexit protesters on 21:49 - Feb 17 with 2569 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pro brexit protesters on 20:36 - Feb 17 by jimmyvet

Good job the far left haven't hijacked he labour party!

True, but irrelevant. It's not the Labour party who's dividing the coutry, running us into the ground and now steering HMS Brexit over the rapids. They could do a better job of opposing it, but let's never forget this is all the doing of the Tories.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pro brexit protesters on 22:00 - Feb 17 with 2548 viewsLord_Lucan

Pro brexit protesters on 21:49 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

True, but irrelevant. It's not the Labour party who's dividing the coutry, running us into the ground and now steering HMS Brexit over the rapids. They could do a better job of opposing it, but let's never forget this is all the doing of the Tories.

I would imagine as many Labour voters voted for BREXIT as Tories.

This really isn't a Labour v Tory thing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:02 - Feb 17 with 2533 viewsfactual_blue

Pro brexit protesters on 21:49 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

To paraphrase Jeremy Thorpe, 'greater love hath no man, that he lay down his country for his party'.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:10 - Feb 17 with 2523 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pro brexit protesters on 22:00 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

It wasn't me that brought up Labour. I agree though, it's not a Labour v Tory thing. It's a Tory & UKIP thing - Cameron weakened our position in the EU Parliament in exchange for leadership support, promised the referendum because of the UKIP threat to his PMship, the Leave & Remain campaigns were then fronted by senior Tories (+ Farage), and Tory infighting has affected the preparations since the referendum.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:16 - Feb 17 with 2519 viewstcblue

Nope.

65 / 35 for Remain for Labour
61 / 39 for Leave for Tories

According to YouGov
Pro brexit protesters on 22:16 - Feb 17 with 2512 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pro brexit protesters on 22:02 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

To paraphrase Jeremy Thorpe, 'greater love hath no man, that he lay down his country for his party'.

Was he the fella with more than a passing resemblance to Hugh Grant? I think I saw a documentary about him over Christmas.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:16 - Feb 17 with 2503 viewsHerbivore

Labour voters were 65/35 in favour of remain, Tories were more or less a mirror image of that. Brexit really is a Tory issue and always has been. The referendum was down to internal Tory politics and Cameron wanting to win back Tory voters from UKIP.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pro brexit protesters on 22:20 - Feb 17 with 2499 viewsLord_Lucan

Pro brexit protesters on 22:16 - Feb 17 by tcblue

Nope.

65 / 35 for Remain for Labour
61 / 39 for Leave for Tories

According to YouGov

I didn't know that - although to be fair I can't see how they can be accurate on those figures.

My point remains though - and to be fair even those figures show that it is a mix. It has never been Tory v Labour.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:22 - Feb 17 with 2489 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pro brexit protesters on 22:20 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

I didn't know that - although to be fair I can't see how they can be accurate on those figures.

My point remains though - and to be fair even those figures show that it is a mix. It has never been Tory v Labour.

If you're saying what I think you're saying, I agree. Labour have been largely irrelevant and incidental to the whole thing.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 2485 viewsLord_Lucan

Pro brexit protesters on 22:16 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Labour voters were 65/35 in favour of remain, Tories were more or less a mirror image of that. Brexit really is a Tory issue and always has been. The referendum was down to internal Tory politics and Cameron wanting to win back Tory voters from UKIP.

I agree that the referendum was down to Cameron getting nervous over UKIP, historically though both parties have said they would have one.

It was in the Labour party 2005 manifesto and Brown reinforced this promise in 2007.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:31 - Feb 17 with 2478 viewstcblue

Pro brexit protesters on 22:20 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Part of my job is statistical data analysis; yes I really am beating suitors off with a smelly stick - and YouGov's polling and analytics methods are some of the best out there and are generally pretty good when tested.

My favourite thing about their Brexit poll though is the 5% of Kippers who voted Remain. Cataracts, I reckon
Pro brexit protesters on 22:40 - Feb 17 with 2444 viewsHerbivore

Pro brexit protesters on 22:25 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

I agree that the referendum was down to Cameron getting nervous over UKIP, historically though both parties have said they would have one.

It was in the Labour party 2005 manifesto and Brown reinforced this promise in 2007.

Was it? They had a comfortable majority in 2005 so not sure why they didn't hold a referendum in that case.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:43 - Feb 17 with 2445 viewsLord_Lucan

Pro brexit protesters on 22:40 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Was it? They had a comfortable majority in 2005 so not sure why they didn't hold a referendum in that case.

Definitely. Tony Blair is a snake oil salesman

Pro brexit protesters on 22:46 - Feb 17 with 2422 viewsHerbivore

Pro brexit protesters on 22:43 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Definitely. Tony Blair is a snake oil salesman

A quick fact check says that Labour weren't offering an in/out referendum at any time.

Pro brexit protesters on 22:47 - Feb 17 with 2428 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pro brexit protesters on 22:16 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

It can hardly be simply a Tory issue when over a third of Labour voters voted to leave. If you rake London out if the equation that percentage increases significantly.

Yiyrvlast sentence is completely correct though.

I understand things are going to get lively tomorrow as several moderate Labour MP’s are splitting to form a new party and will campaign for a second referendum.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024