Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! 22:35 - Feb 17 with 1441 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/feb/17/martina-navratilova-criticised-ove

“You can’t just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women. There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard.”

Now call me old fashioned but I think I agree.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 22:51 - Feb 17 with 1389 viewsbaxterbasics

Don't panic, seeing what is blindingly obvious doesn't make you a conservative.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 00:53 - Feb 18 with 1345 viewsChampionship

You think you agree? I think it’s pathetic they’ve called her transphobic. She’s clearly right.
I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 01:18 - Feb 18 with 1326 viewsfactual_blue

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 22:51 - Feb 17 by baxterbasics

Don't panic, seeing what is blindingly obvious doesn't make you a conservative.

The inability to see what is blindingly obvious, on the other hand, is a prerequisite for being a conservative.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 08:07 - Feb 18 with 1218 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 00:53 - Feb 18 by Championship

You think you agree? I think it’s pathetic they’ve called her transphobic. She’s clearly right.

You are correct.....I retract the thinking.

The fact there is even a debate is a bit 'mentalist!'
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 8:10]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 08:38 - Feb 18 with 1183 viewsGuthrum

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 08:07 - Feb 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

You are correct.....I retract the thinking.

The fact there is even a debate is a bit 'mentalist!'
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 8:10]

That's actually part of the problem. This has become yet another issue where opinion is so polarised and positions so "precious" that proper, nuanced debate and practical solution-finding is virtually impossible.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 12:55 - Feb 18 with 1092 viewsChampionship

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 08:38 - Feb 18 by Guthrum

That's actually part of the problem. This has become yet another issue where opinion is so polarised and positions so "precious" that proper, nuanced debate and practical solution-finding is virtually impossible.

It really doesn't help that you can't mention anything, even based on facts, without being labelled transphobic. The tactic clearly works though. It silences most of the people who would speak out because they simply don't want the hassle or the potentially career ruining fallout.
I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 13:07 - Feb 18 with 1073 viewsSwansea_Blue

"The tennis player and gay rights campaigner first drew criticism from equalities activists". Whilst I try and get my head around that contradiction, I'll take a look at the rest of the article.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I think I must be getting more Conservative with age.....! on 14:06 - Feb 20 with 937 viewsChampionship

Update https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47301007
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024