Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you pick? 09:24 - Feb 18 with 4735 viewsKeaneish

Given their high wage demands, who would you pick to be with us in League One next season if we could only afford to sign one of the following?

Collins
Judge
Quaner
Keane.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Who would you pick? on 09:24 - Feb 18 with 2798 viewsKieran_Knows

Judge.

All day, every day.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who would you pick? on 09:26 - Feb 18 with 2791 viewsMrTown

Judge no brainer

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Quaner, obviously on 09:29 - Feb 18 with 2776 viewsunstableblue

... chortle

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Who would you pick? on 09:32 - Feb 18 with 2752 viewsHerbivore

If I could only pick one then Judge for sure. I actually think Harrison and Jackson would do fine in League 1 so Keane is less essential.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who would you pick? on 09:36 - Feb 18 with 2739 viewsITFC_Forever

Judge is the obvious answer from our point of view.

But he is far too good for L1 and will have better paid options in the Champ to consider.

So after him, I'd say Bree, then Keane.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Who would you pick? on 09:37 - Feb 18 with 2725 viewsMrTown

Who would you pick? on 09:36 - Feb 18 by ITFC_Forever

Judge is the obvious answer from our point of view.

But he is far too good for L1 and will have better paid options in the Champ to consider.

So after him, I'd say Bree, then Keane.

Think the club have the option on Judge, but reading between the lines there is more to it than just triggering the 12 months and everyone carries on as normal.

Keane won't stay (25k wages)

Bree certainly feasible

Who would you pick? on 09:38 - Feb 18 with 2716 viewsHerbivore

Who would you pick? on 09:37 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Think the club have the option on Judge, but reading between the lines there is more to it than just triggering the 12 months and everyone carries on as normal.

Bree certainly feasible

Nobody is going to pay Keane close to £25k once his contact is up.

Who would you pick? on 09:41 - Feb 18 with 2709 viewsTractorCam

Bree certainly feasible

Villa see Bree as their next right back after Hutton, I imagine that will be next season.

Judge for me easily!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Who would you pick? on 09:43 - Feb 18 with 2688 viewsKieran_Knows

Bree certainly feasible

Is Keane on £25k a week? You should've said.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who would you pick? on 09:44 - Feb 18 with 2686 viewsSomethingBlue

Judge by a zillion miles.

Think Keane would be very good for us in L1 too but Judge would run games every week.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Who would you pick? on 09:51 - Feb 18 with 2641 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Obviously Judge, although keane would run him close. So much was made of his goals scored before he came but he is clearly so much more.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Who would you pick? on 11:54 - Feb 18 with 2508 viewsWickets

Well as i have been saying and writing many times on this forum , for about 12 years that we need an Alan Judge or a Luke Freeman or similar ,i am going to say Judge of course . As we all know Town have an option to sign him for another year but i suppose that would be on his present championship wages ? remains to be seen, if we go down, will Marcus do that ??
Who would you pick? on 12:03 - Feb 18 with 2490 viewsiamipswich

Who would you pick? on 09:38 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

I think I saw somewhere that he was on about £30k per week and we are paying around £20k of that.

His next contract will be closer to £0 per week than £30k I would have thought. I think we could get him on a free and be paying considerably less than what we are paying now. And there won't be much competition for him unless he really starts banging them in.

Poll: Who will return first?

Who would you pick? on 12:09 - Feb 18 with 2481 viewsbritbiker

Who would you pick? on 11:54 - Feb 18 by Wickets

Well as i have been saying and writing many times on this forum , for about 12 years that we need an Alan Judge or a Luke Freeman or similar ,i am going to say Judge of course . As we all know Town have an option to sign him for another year but i suppose that would be on his present championship wages ? remains to be seen, if we go down, will Marcus do that ??

Judge then Bree. Didnt notice Bree until the Stoke game. Hre looks like he could become a really good player.
If we are going with the youth next season, Judge would be a great senior player to have on board. He knows when to draw a foul and keep the ref on board. We need someone in the middle with football smarts.
Who would you pick? on 12:23 - Feb 18 with 2435 viewsSmithy

Keane really needs to move to a club that will give him games week in week out to rebuild his career despite what money may be on offer, really depends on what he sees as more important as I think we would be a perfect move for him if he chooses games. He really needs to look at the bigger picture sure other club will offer him more money but will they offer him games?

No chance of getting Bree unless another loan is in the offing which would be a good move for both imo.

Quaner not for me, not impressed at all by him although Harrison and Jackson have offered little as subs when they have replaced him, Lambert probably needs to source another striker to play with Keane if he wants to play 2 up top as Sears, Morris, Folami and Lankester are all crocked.

Judge, break the bank to get him, end of, quality player would be mad to let him go, best midfielder here since Jim, and like Jim always wants the ball and can dictate, sign at all costs, offer him a 3 year deal.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Who would you pick? on 15:58 - Feb 18 with 2296 viewsMrTown

Who would you pick? on 09:43 - Feb 18 by Kieran_Knows

If muppets did constantly suggest he could stay beyond this season then I wouldn't have to remind them.

Who would you pick? on 15:59 - Feb 18 with 2293 viewsMrTown

Who would you pick? on 09:38 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

And we won't won't pay anything close to what he'll be able to get elsewhere.

Who would you pick? on 16:02 - Feb 18 with 2290 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Who would you pick? on 15:59 - Feb 18 by MrTown

But then you ask the other side of the question - who is going to come in for him? The fact we got him in January suggests he wasn't exactly in demand, unlike Quaner.

Plus, he already likes it here, and it's fairly clear he will the first choice striker next year, which he needs after a stop-start career.

Who would you pick? on 16:08 - Feb 18 with 2267 viewsWickets

Who would you pick? on 16:02 - Feb 18 by JammyDodgerrr

But then you ask the other side of the question - who is going to come in for him? The fact we got him in January suggests he wasn't exactly in demand, unlike Quaner.

Plus, he already likes it here, and it's fairly clear he will the first choice striker next year, which he needs after a stop-start career.

Not sure your right Bud as he is now getting plenty of attention MM watching him , if he plays for Mick , sorry to say our slim chance of getting him gets even slimmer ! Pity.
Who would you pick? on 16:10 - Feb 18 with 2260 viewsChampionship

Judge
Who would you pick? on 16:11 - Feb 18 with 2256 viewsMrTown

Who would you pick? on 09:43 - Feb 18 by Kieran_Knows

17-18 highlights show a Turnover of 17m (including Kieffer Moore and Adam Webster sales).

Next season you instantly reduce that by 7m in TV revenue loss.

Forget a reduction in attendance and slight decrease in ST prices.

Use the figure 10m as our turnover guidance in L1, only 60% maximum can be spent on wage bill in L1. 6 million.

Anyone who thinks we will pay a player (Keane) even 15k a week in L1 (780,000 p/y) is f*cking deluded and becoming boring that they keep suggesting it.

Same with Collins/Bart/Quaner.

We will be lucky to keep Judge and wouldn't be surprised one bit if Evans doesn't trigger his extension for financial reasons.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 16:17]

Who would you pick? on 16:12 - Feb 18 with 2249 viewsHerbivore

Who would you pick? on 15:59 - Feb 18 by MrTown

Really? How can you be sure of that? It's not like he looks like a top Championship striker. He's going to be taking a huge wage cut wherever he ends up.

Who would you pick? on 16:15 - Feb 18 with 2235 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Who would you pick? on 16:08 - Feb 18 by Wickets

Not sure your right Bud as he is now getting plenty of attention MM watching him , if he plays for Mick , sorry to say our slim chance of getting him gets even slimmer ! Pity.

Mick was definitely there to watch McClean. The fact Keane was playing was a bonus.

Who would you pick? on 16:15 - Feb 18 with 2233 viewsMrTown

Who would you pick? on 16:02 - Feb 18 by JammyDodgerrr

I want him to stay, he's playing incredibly well, he looks like he is enjoying his football, he's getting back to match sharpness through playing week in week out.

I'm not saying at all I don't want him to stay, I'm just saying the numbers do not add up.

Say we can spend our 60% L1 wage cap on a 10m turnover (guess of 17-18 financials turnover - TV revenue), for a 25 man squad, each player would average a £4,500 per week and that would equate to just short of a £6m wage bill for the year.

And we are talking about trying to keep a player who's on 25k at the moment.

Who would you pick? on 16:16 - Feb 18 with 2230 viewsMrTown

Who would you pick? on 16:12 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Really? How can you be sure of that? It's not like he looks like a top Championship striker. He's going to be taking a huge wage cut wherever he ends up.

Read my last 2 posts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024