Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Luciana (n/t) 10:12 - Feb 18 with 26884 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:05 - Feb 20 with 2264 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 17:37 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

it has massively increased since corbyn became leader. it's at all not hard to explain why. no serious person is denying that it has hugely increased.

what you and your type succeed in doing, through your endless shifting and denying and squirming and excusing over anti-semitism, is just convincing anyone who takes an interest that the labour party really does have a very serious problem with anti-semitism.

"You and your type..."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well done Luciana (n/t) (n/t) on 22:09 - Feb 20 with 2254 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done Luciana (n/t) (n/t) on 20:49 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

Be interested in what you said but deleted? You could always PM it if you like.

There seems to be such a lack of subtlety going on in the thread. People can have/hold several motives simultaneously, but be primarily driven by an over-riding one when an issue has a direct effect on them/their family, esp if they feel they are personally threatened.

Many Jewish people abhor the current Israeli govt. policies & politics.

Jeremy Corbyn isn't personally racist or anti-semitic, but hasn't taken strong enough action to stamp antisemitism out in the labour party. It's in his and Labour's) nature to support oppressed people everywhere, hence his doing so with Palestinian organisations.

Many people all over the world, including in the UK, still conflate being Jewish with Israeli politics. Even a poster on here who I'd describe as one of the most balanced, fair, sensible and intelligent posters, did so a month or two back. I commented on it, but no one replied to that point.

Using a phone and missed that you had quoted what you were shouting about....small writing, old eyes! It said.....What did he did. Edit...believe me Glassers and family are not threatened by rabid antisemitic labour party members.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 22:17]

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 2227 viewslowhouseblue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:05 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

"You and your type..."

don't you think barry gardiner has the right approach on this? - admit the severity of the problem, genuinely apologise, and really commit to solving it. the trouble with the type who relies instead on denial and inaction is that the problem will never go away.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:19 - Feb 20 with 2217 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:15 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

don't you think barry gardiner has the right approach on this? - admit the severity of the problem, genuinely apologise, and really commit to solving it. the trouble with the type who relies instead on denial and inaction is that the problem will never go away.

"You and your type...." tsk!

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:20 - Feb 20 with 2214 viewslowhouseblue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:19 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

"You and your type...." tsk!

sorry, should i have referred to you by name??

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 20 with 2209 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:15 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

Who has denied there have been instances of antisemitism ..............and who has been over egging them for politically driven motives?

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:23 - Feb 20 with 2204 viewslowhouseblue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Who has denied there have been instances of antisemitism ..............and who has been over egging them for politically driven motives?

yep, that's the exactly the type i meant. thanks for clarifying.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 22:24]

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:25 - Feb 20 with 2197 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:20 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

sorry, should i have referred to you by name??

That would be better than 'type' wouldn't it.....tsk!

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:27 - Feb 20 with 2191 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 22:23 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

yep, that's the exactly the type i meant. thanks for clarifying.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 22:24]

A maximum of 20 out of 200!......tsk!

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:04 - Feb 20 with 2157 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 20:17 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

Well done downvoting a fact Brixton Blue and Seablu
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 21:05]

I downvoted because I think you've overplayed it. If he did post about it it wasn't much more than a lot of people would re racism. You make out like he's always been a crusader (like, say, Chico and drugs... or myself and gambling).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:09 - Feb 20 with 2152 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 20:25 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

"I'm not sure you ever mentioned any Jewish links before it all came out in the Labour Party"

YES HE DID.

How many more times do I have to say that, only for you to ignore or somehow forget it?

That's why I've shouted it now.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:27]

You've taken that line out of context. I mean his family links. And it isn't something I've discussed with you.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:24 - Feb 20 with 2131 viewsRyorry

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:09 - Feb 20 by BrixtonBlue

You've taken that line out of context. I mean his family links. And it isn't something I've discussed with you.

I haven't taken it out of context as I also meant his family links. It doesn't matter whether you've previously discussed it with me, I'm verifying that what GB said re feeling particularly acutely about antisemitism because of his Jewish family, is true; I remember him mentioning it many years ago, well before Corbyn became leader.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:30 - Feb 20 with 2124 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:24 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

I haven't taken it out of context as I also meant his family links. It doesn't matter whether you've previously discussed it with me, I'm verifying that what GB said re feeling particularly acutely about antisemitism because of his Jewish family, is true; I remember him mentioning it many years ago, well before Corbyn became leader.

I appreciate the support R but he has been banging this drum constantly since before the summer. It’s one of the reasons I gave this place a wide berth fir a couple of months.

He isn’t interested in facts.

Are you at Wigan on Saturday?

Iron Lion Zion

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:39 - Feb 20 with 2113 viewsRyorry

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:04 - Feb 20 by BrixtonBlue

I downvoted because I think you've overplayed it. If he did post about it it wasn't much more than a lot of people would re racism. You make out like he's always been a crusader (like, say, Chico and drugs... or myself and gambling).

I simply stated a *fact*. As I said, he *has* always been quite a crusader on the subject - I posted around a couple of months ago in another thread on same subject that I have PMs from him going back around 5 years, as well as recalling the many dozens of threads on the topic which he's posted in over the years, which prove this. He's certainly posted a helluva lot more protesting about it than you have about gambling (I take a particular interest in both subjects, so have seen most, if not all threads on them).

I suspect some people have simply become irritated by his repetitiousness on the issue, which is understandable (sorry GB!) - but I think repetitiousess on such a serious matter is forgiveable, esp given his family connections.

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:41 - Feb 20 with 2110 viewsRyorry

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:30 - Feb 20 by GlasgowBlue

I appreciate the support R but he has been banging this drum constantly since before the summer. It’s one of the reasons I gave this place a wide berth fir a couple of months.

He isn’t interested in facts.

Are you at Wigan on Saturday?

Was hoping to go, & you never know, I might suddenly take off on the day! but suspect atm it'll be too far to go for back which is currently grumpy :(

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 05:42 - Feb 21 with 2042 viewsBenters2

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 10:50 - Feb 20 by BrixtonBlue

Me calling someone a bitter old bat has absolutely NOTHING to do with a disaster which happened nearly 80 years ago. Shame on you.

And the second of your links doesn't have a Labour MP calling Corbyn an antisemite.
Lying again.
Shame on you.

Edit: And making Star Wars jokes about the Holocaust.

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 10:51]

It wasn’t a disaster the Nazis were a killing machine.

All those poor innocent people murdered in the gas chambers the Nazis were evil Cs.

If there is a hell I hope they are all burning in it.
Well done Luciana (n/t) on 05:49 - Feb 21 with 2028 viewsBenters2

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 20:17 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

Well done downvoting a fact Brixton Blue and Seablu
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 21:05]

Seablu was aiming for me and missed.
Well done Luciana (n/t) on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 1957 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 05:42 - Feb 21 by Benters2

It wasn’t a disaster the Nazis were a killing machine.

All those poor innocent people murdered in the gas chambers the Nazis were evil Cs.

If there is a hell I hope they are all burning in it.

Of course it was a disaster. I know you're not very bright Benters but disaster doesn't mean accident.

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 09:52 - Feb 21 with 1945 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 23:24 - Feb 20 by Ryorry

"It doesn't matter whether you've previously discussed it with me."

It does when you're shouting at me and saying you've told me many times, which I ignore/forget!

Anyway, thanks for clarifying. I'm amazed I haven't seen it but maybe I didn't have a vested interest at the time. I shall accept your version of events.

It's a side issue anyway because I still think he weaponises it to get rid of Corbyn regardless that he married someone half-Jewish. You've said yourself in this thread you don't believe Corbyn to be anti-semitic. That's my only position in all this really, I guess I just defend him more rigorously.

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 10:53 - Feb 21 with 1900 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 09:52 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

"It doesn't matter whether you've previously discussed it with me."

It does when you're shouting at me and saying you've told me many times, which I ignore/forget!

Anyway, thanks for clarifying. I'm amazed I haven't seen it but maybe I didn't have a vested interest at the time. I shall accept your version of events.

It's a side issue anyway because I still think he weaponises it to get rid of Corbyn regardless that he married someone half-Jewish. You've said yourself in this thread you don't believe Corbyn to be anti-semitic. That's my only position in all this really, I guess I just defend him more rigorously.

This is at least the sixth or seventh time in the space of a year where I have had to say this to you. I'm going to say this one last time and I shall attempt to do so whilst being extremely courteous.

I honestly don't believe you understand how upsetting it is for a man of Jewish heritage, with a wife and children who I dearly love that are in part Jewish, to have the same person constantly call into question my motives behind my longstanding "crusade" against antisemitism. And to constantly accuse me of doing do for "party political reasons".

That you not only did it once, but have carried on doing so numerous times despite me asking you not to and explaining my family background certainly displays a lack of emotional understanding.

I left this board in part because of one such attack from you, in the spring of last year. I was emotionally drained by it all and had enough of this place. I find myself having those same thoughts again. But should I let those trying to shout down somebody who is passionate about fighting antisemitism? No. I'm not going to let those people win.

As I have said in this post, I love my family dearly. They are my life. For you to suggest that I am using their ethnicity as a flag of convenience is utterly contemptible. That you repeat the slur again and again reflects very poorly on you.

Disagree with me. Point me towards evidence that what I am saying is wrong. But don't dare suggest I am using my family to score party political points.

I once again ask you to desist.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 10:58]

Iron Lion Zion

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 10:56 - Feb 21 with 1894 viewsfooters

#The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...#

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 13:17 - Feb 21 with 1830 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 10:53 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

This is at least the sixth or seventh time in the space of a year where I have had to say this to you. I'm going to say this one last time and I shall attempt to do so whilst being extremely courteous.

I honestly don't believe you understand how upsetting it is for a man of Jewish heritage, with a wife and children who I dearly love that are in part Jewish, to have the same person constantly call into question my motives behind my longstanding "crusade" against antisemitism. And to constantly accuse me of doing do for "party political reasons".

That you not only did it once, but have carried on doing so numerous times despite me asking you not to and explaining my family background certainly displays a lack of emotional understanding.

I left this board in part because of one such attack from you, in the spring of last year. I was emotionally drained by it all and had enough of this place. I find myself having those same thoughts again. But should I let those trying to shout down somebody who is passionate about fighting antisemitism? No. I'm not going to let those people win.

As I have said in this post, I love my family dearly. They are my life. For you to suggest that I am using their ethnicity as a flag of convenience is utterly contemptible. That you repeat the slur again and again reflects very poorly on you.

Disagree with me. Point me towards evidence that what I am saying is wrong. But don't dare suggest I am using my family to score party political points.

I once again ask you to desist.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 10:58]

Ok. I apologise. I find it hard to believe you left the board because of me and wouldn't want that.

The passion with which you speak here has convinced me of your motives. I didn't trust them before because of the many varied attacks on Corbyn, but I can see, on this issue at least, it's a lot more than party political.

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 13:26 - Feb 21 with 1815 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well done Luciana (n/t) on 13:17 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

Ok. I apologise. I find it hard to believe you left the board because of me and wouldn't want that.

The passion with which you speak here has convinced me of your motives. I didn't trust them before because of the many varied attacks on Corbyn, but I can see, on this issue at least, it's a lot more than party political.

Thanks I appreciate the reply and the genuine apology Dollers and I hope we can move on.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024