Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) 14:21 - Feb 18 with 6869 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:23 - Feb 18 with 3546 viewsZedRodgers

Swindon lot are little slugs with no personality.

No, not at the moment

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:24 - Feb 18 with 3540 viewsSteve_M

Is it still Project Fear?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:24 - Feb 18 with 3528 viewsSomethingBlue

Nothing to do with Brexit though, naturally ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:27 - Feb 18 with 3501 viewsChampionship

So? Sport are carntree
No surprise on 14:27 - Feb 18 with 3503 viewsunstableblue

I remember a brilliant article on the general Japanese reaction to the original Leave vote - completely incredulous and confused, a nation they had respected and invested heavily in, did something so harmful to themselves with seemingly little reason or judgement.

And since the vote they have consistently lobbied for the softest possible Brexit.

Since May has gone further away from her business led judgement and to appease her loony anti-Europe mob, its no surprise they've lost the faith.

No doubt there also other factors.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No surprise on 14:56 - Feb 18 with 3388 viewspickles110564

No surprise on 14:27 - Feb 18 by unstableblue

I remember a brilliant article on the general Japanese reaction to the original Leave vote - completely incredulous and confused, a nation they had respected and invested heavily in, did something so harmful to themselves with seemingly little reason or judgement.

And since the vote they have consistently lobbied for the softest possible Brexit.

Since May has gone further away from her business led judgement and to appease her loony anti-Europe mob, its no surprise they've lost the faith.

What type of engines do they use in the models produced there?
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:05 - Feb 18 with 3361 viewsnrb1985

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:24 - Feb 18 by Steve_M

Just had a look on google - Swindon voted 55% leave.

While Johnson and Farage et al did offer the snake oil, how dim must these people of been to buy it? It's really really sad what's going to happen.
No surprise on 15:08 - Feb 18 with 3337 viewschicoazul

No surprise on 14:56 - Feb 18 by pickles110564

What type of engines do they use in the models produced there?

Petrol, diesel, and hybrid.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

No surprise on 15:09 - Feb 18 with 3335 viewschicoazul

No surprise on 14:27 - Feb 18 by unstableblue

If true I would find this highly ironic, Japan being one of the most isolationist & conservative countries on Earth with a concrete immigration policy.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 15:11]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:12 - Feb 18 with 3304 viewschicoazul

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:24 - Feb 18 by Steve_M

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:12 - Feb 18 with 3306 viewsSomethingBlue

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:05 - Feb 18 by nrb1985

Just had a look on google - Swindon voted 55% leave.

While Johnson and Farage et al did offer the snake oil, how dim must these people of been to buy it? It's really really sad what's going to happen.

It's an absolute tragedy, and a shame that those who voted Brexit will now have things like this pegged on them forever. Not everyone was dim, not by a long shot, but many were definitely had and it is coming out in the wash now.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

No surprise on 15:13 - Feb 18 with 3292 viewsDubtractor

No surprise on 15:08 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

Petrol, diesel, and hybrid.

Well that's Pickles' line of attack spoiled.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

No surprise on 15:16 - Feb 18 with 3271 viewschicoazul

No surprise on 15:13 - Feb 18 by Dubtractor

Well that's Pickles' line of attack spoiled.

Actually, I dont think they do hybrid, forgive me. They definitely have a petrol and diesel engine line.

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:18 - Feb 18 with 3258 viewsjaykay

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:12 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

It's an absolute tragedy, and a shame that those who voted Brexit will now have things like this pegged on them forever. Not everyone was dim, not by a long shot, but many were definitely had and it is coming out in the wash now.

yet they will get upset and angry with the messengers of the bad news , not the snake oil salesmen who sold them brexit

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:20 - Feb 18 with 3246 viewsReuser_is_God

Relocating to Slough?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:24 - Feb 18 with 3219 viewsfooters

Think you'll find the man on the street knows far more about the import/export and manufacturing of cars than Honda.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:30 - Feb 18 with 3181 viewsSwansea_Blue

More Project Seer I think

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:31 - Feb 18 with 3177 viewsDebsyAngel

Not great for my friend Trevor who works there. The poor guy is currently in intensive care after almost dying on his 50th birthday last week. So hope he isn;t one of them.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:35 - Feb 18 with 3160 viewsSwansea_Blue

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:18 - Feb 18 by jaykay

yet they will get upset and angry with the messengers of the bad news , not the snake oil salesmen who sold them brexit

^ This x1000

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:37 - Feb 18 with 3157 viewsnrb1985

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:12 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

Sorry, wasn't very clear - agree not everyone was dim, my comment was aimed at those in swindon and sunderland etc that voted leave.
No surprise on 15:37 - Feb 18 with 3152 viewsEireannach_gorm

No surprise on 15:09 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

If true I would find this highly ironic, Japan being one of the most isolationist & conservative countries on Earth with a concrete immigration policy.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 15:11]

Yet the UK is trying to negotiate a trade deal them......... or not!!
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/no-deal-brexit-risks-rise-as-uk-japa

Unfortunately you are leaving because the EU have just commenced one.
http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreemen
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 16:08 - Feb 18 with 3085 viewsEastTownBlue

It is part of Boris Johnson’s “f*** business”.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 16:29 - Feb 18 with 3042 viewsPinewoodblue

Plant closes in 2022, it is Honda's only car production plant in Europe. Wonder what has changed in recent months. Cue announcement Honda to build new production facility on mainland Europe thanks to favourable incentives, supported by EU.

We were exporting Honda Civics to Japan before the downturn in worldwide demand.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:34 - Feb 18 with 2875 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The EU have negotiated tarrif free imports of cars from Japan so I imagine that may have something to do with it.....pushing the globalist capitalist agenda as ever.
So nothing to do with Brexit. (Plenty of cheap labour in Japan these days)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-japan-trade/eu-japan-free-trade-deal-clear

Edit... accept it, Leave or Remain, slaves all the same!
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 19:40]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:39 - Feb 18 with 2859 viewsstrikalite

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 16:29 - Feb 18 by Pinewoodblue

Plant closes in 2022, it is Honda's only car production plant in Europe. Wonder what has changed in recent months. Cue announcement Honda to build new production facility on mainland Europe thanks to favourable incentives, supported by EU.

We were exporting Honda Civics to Japan before the downturn in worldwide demand.

Don't think it's anything to do with Brexit as they won't be relocating to an EU country...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024