Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) 14:21 - Feb 18 with 6870 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No surprise on 19:44 - Feb 18 with 2858 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No surprise on 15:37 - Feb 18 by Eireannach_gorm

Yet the UK is trying to negotiate a trade deal them......... or not!!
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/no-deal-brexit-risks-rise-as-uk-japa

Unfortunately you are leaving because the EU have just commenced one.
http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/eu-japan-economic-partnership-agreemen

Did you mean to say "unfortunately they are leaving because......"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 2852 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:39 - Feb 18 by strikalite

Don't think it's anything to do with Brexit as they won't be relocating to an EU country...

This thread has rather exposed a lot of thick remainers!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 11:49 - Feb 19 with 2756 viewsWithnail

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:24 - Feb 18 by Steve_M

Is it still Project Fear?

Looks like you wanted it to be.

Whoops.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 12:06 - Feb 19 with 2712 viewstrncbluearmy

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 16:29 - Feb 18 by Pinewoodblue

Plant closes in 2022, it is Honda's only car production plant in Europe. Wonder what has changed in recent months. Cue announcement Honda to build new production facility on mainland Europe thanks to favourable incentives, supported by EU.

We were exporting Honda Civics to Japan before the downturn in worldwide demand.

Nothing to do with the EU's removing import tariffs for Honda then?

Nothing to do with Brexit ( can't come soon enough) and all to do with the corrupt unelected nutters in Brussels.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 17:18 - Feb 19 with 2639 viewsbluejacko

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:39 - Feb 18 by strikalite

Don't think it's anything to do with Brexit as they won't be relocating to an EU country...

Closing their plants in Oz as well apparently.( due to Brexit as well I suppose)
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 17:21 - Feb 19 with 2629 viewsPinewoodblue

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 17:18 - Feb 19 by bluejacko

Closing their plants in Oz as well apparently.( due to Brexit as well I suppose)

And one in Turkey.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 17:50 - Feb 19 with 2605 viewsGlasgowBlue

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:24 - Feb 18 by Steve_M

"Honda said the move was due to global changes in the car industry and the need to launch electric vehicles, and it had nothing to do with Brexit."

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:00 - Feb 19 with 2593 viewsEireannach_gorm

I think there might be a teeny weeny bit of a connection between Brexit and plant closures.
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/brexit/

Its the uncertainty that business does not like and 'frictionless' borders are not available to a no deal Brexit.
https://news.sky.com/story/bmw-to-shut-mini-factory-for-a-month-after-brexit-day
Login to get fewer ads

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:05 - Feb 19 with 2586 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

if you read or understand you will realkse that the EU have stopped charging honda to sell their cars in the EU so now they have decided that with new technology needed they will mve back to a bigger site as they no longer need to pay and export duties.
probably a bit complicated for a remoaner.
i will put it into lehmans terms.
they left and it had nothing to do with brexit as stated by the company who would have no reason to make an excuse up, if it was becasue of brexit they would have said so
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:11 - Feb 19 with 2580 viewsGlasgowBlue

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:05 - Feb 19 by never_lose_the_faith

if you read or understand you will realkse that the EU have stopped charging honda to sell their cars in the EU so now they have decided that with new technology needed they will mve back to a bigger site as they no longer need to pay and export duties.
they left and it had nothing to do with brexit as stated by the company who would have no reason to make an excuse up, if it was becasue of brexit they would have said so

Steve is normally a very fair and balanced poster. I expect he will return to this thread and correct his initial reaction.

Iron Lion Zion

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:24 - Feb 19 with 2571 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:11 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Steve is normally a very fair and balanced poster. I expect he will return to this thread and correct his initial reaction.

fair play, just get so annoyed that what ever happens is down to brexit.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:25 - Feb 19 with 2567 viewsfooters

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:24 - Feb 19 by never_lose_the_faith

fair play, just get so annoyed that what ever happens is down to brexit.

But you would of course admit to something being Brexit's fault if directly correlated?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:56 - Feb 19 with 2544 viewsWithnail

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:11 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Steve M is part of project fear. They have fallen for it.

He probably wants our economy to tank, just so they can give it the 'told you so' line. Its weird.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:03 - Feb 19 with 2526 viewsGlasgowBlue

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:56 - Feb 19 by Withnail

He probably wants our economy to tank, just so they can give it the 'told you so' line. Its weird.

No I don't think that's a fair reflection of Steve M's views.

Iron Lion Zion

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:05 - Feb 19 with 2516 viewsEireannach_gorm

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:56 - Feb 19 by Withnail

It is weirder that you think people want their own or other economies to tank. I assume that the whole point of Brexit is for the UK to prosper but I am not seeing too many gains at the moment. Project fear might turn out to be project reality.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:06 - Feb 19 with 2506 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 17:50 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

"Honda said the move was due to global changes in the car industry and the need to launch electric vehicles, and it had nothing to do with Brexit."

In other news, Tom Adeyemi is making real progress in training and is looking as if he could make the squad soon.

Poll: Best Football Song

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:09 - Feb 19 with 2494 viewsfooters

The only people who've fallen for anything are those who voted to see our economy tank.

Get your 'it's not about Brexit' reasons at the ready! Maybe these envious Europeans are going to sabotage #GlobalBritain?

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:29 - Feb 19 with 2466 viewsLeoMuff

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 18:05 - Feb 19 by never_lose_the_faith

Are you seriously calling someone thick, while at the same time using the spelling Lehman ?

That is quite something indeed, did you mean the bank or the ex schalke, Dortmund, and Arsenal stopper.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:50 - Feb 19 with 2438 viewsZedRodgers

This Andrew Neil tweet has aged well, unlike Andrew Neil.

No, not at the moment

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 20:47 - Feb 19 with 2397 viewsSteve_M

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 17:50 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Well, yes, that's part of it but absolutely nothing to do with Brexit? The timing is purely coincidental? Even if it was it wouldn't be good advertising to point it out, the Japanese tend to be too polite to do so.

So, say the EU trade deal is a factor here, that there will be some losses as well as overall gains to each side, which European countries are more likely to suffer those losses?

The Japanese Government had been unusually blunt over the past year.

I'm quite happy to accept Brexit isn't the only factor here, but I doubt this level of decision had been made without reference to it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 20:50 - Feb 19 with 2394 viewsSteve_M

Yes, I can't read at all. You'll be telling me I can't write in proper English next.

Honda have no reason to be disingenuous? Are you sure, they still want to sell cars here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 19 with 2380 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 20:50 - Feb 19 by Steve_M

Yes, I can't read at all. You'll be telling me I can't write in proper English next.

Honda have no reason to be disingenuous? Are you sure, they still want to sell cars here.

so you know more than them and every expert then
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 2372 viewsfooters

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 21:05 - Feb 19 by never_lose_the_faith

so you know more than them and every expert then

We don't listen to so-called 'experts' like economists and academics anymore, haven't you heard? We're sick of their 'Project Fear'!

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 2371 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 19:29 - Feb 19 by LeoMuff

Are you seriously calling someone thick, while at the same time using the spelling Lehman ?

That is quite something indeed, did you mean the bank or the ex schalke, Dortmund, and Arsenal stopper.

the goalkeeper, it is a football website after all.
Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 15:22 - Feb 20 with 2250 viewsflimflam

Honda closing their Swindon site.... 3500 jobs at risk. (n/t) on 14:24 - Feb 18 by SomethingBlue

Nothing to do with Brexit though, naturally ...

Its not, they are shutting a plant in Turkey also but see that does not get a mention.
Pesky Japanese taking all their jobs back in house for Japanese workers the rotters.

The car industry is in decline everywhere but hey lets blame it all on Brexit.

On another note employment is at a record high in the UK.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 15:28]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024