Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent Group 15:26 - Feb 18 with 40339 viewsZedRodgers

What do we know so far?

1. They won't stand a by-election and will abandon their constituencies for more 'winable' seats at the next election.
2. They won't reveal anything about their funding and have set themselves up as a private company to avoid publicly declaring anything.
3. Their website is sh1te.
4. They've said what they're against but nobody can name a single policy they are for.
5. They've been endorsed by Katie Hopkins and Pickles.
6. Angela Smith was only 5 mins into BBC Politics appearance today talking about leaving due to racism before she described non-white people as having a funny tinge.

Integrity indeed. I'm delighted that the politically homeless are now able to come in from the cold.

No, not at the moment

Independent Group on 09:27 - Feb 21 with 1495 viewspickles110564

Independent Group on 20:43 - Feb 20 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Busy cnt

You don't think Zed did that by himself do you? Zed will be the one of many taking turns to post the sh!te spin they put out.
Independent Group on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 1483 viewsGlasgowBlue

Independent Group on 09:27 - Feb 21 by pickles110564

You don't think Zed did that by himself do you? Zed will be the one of many taking turns to post the sh!te spin they put out.

Zed is basically a Poundland Owen Jones.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Independent Group on 09:32 - Feb 21 with 1474 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Independent Group on 09:27 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

If you think that's playing the man you must not have been reading much of the forum recently. I don't remember there being daily updates on how Labour didn't have policies after JC took over or inconsistencies between the positions of the leadership and the PLP. It's silly, give them time to formulate what they want to say.

Pushing out daily updates littered with links isn't the right thing to do in my opinion.

SB
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 9:30]

You just rely on the momentum plant angle as if it somehow overrides any content.....that is all. I am sure none of the new Labour luvvies have received any encouraging prods whatsoever. (Hope prodding is not an antisemitic trope )

Edit re your edit current evidence is that they should probably stop thinking out loud .And people were all over Corbyn like a rash from day one as you well know.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 9:35]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Independent Group on 09:38 - Feb 21 with 1456 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Independent Group on 09:31 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Well Stokie, looks like your man playing center forward is all fully briefed, warmed up and ready to go.......when did you last challenge anything he posted out of interest?

Independent Group on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 1448 viewsGlasgowBlue

Independent Group on 09:38 - Feb 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well Stokie, looks like your man playing center forward is all fully briefed, warmed up and ready to go.......when did you last challenge anything he posted out of interest?

Nope. Simply pointing out that every attack zed has made on TIG over the past two days can be found in Owen Jones timeline.

Open the tweet.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 9:43]

Iron Lion Zion

Independent Group on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 1438 viewsfooters

Maybe we should just embed the Momentum and Guido tw@tter feeds and have done with the whole thing? Would save an awful lot of typing.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Independent Group on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 1436 viewsfooters

Independent Group on 09:41 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Nope. Simply pointing out that every attack zed has made on TIG over the past two days can be found in Owen Jones timeline.

Open the tweet.

People with similar political views may have the same sources of information. Hmm. Could be something in this one, inspector!

Independent Group on 09:48 - Feb 21 with 1422 viewslowhouseblue

Independent Group on 09:44 - Feb 21 by footers

People with similar political views may have the same sources of information. Hmm. Could be something in this one, inspector!

ah, but then there are posters like me who don't follow social media or tweets. everything i post is entirely made up by me and hasn't bene thought about for longer than it took to type

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Independent Group on 09:49 - Feb 21 with 1420 viewsGlasgowBlue

Independent Group on 09:43 - Feb 21 by footers

Maybe we should just embed the Momentum and Guido tw@tter feeds and have done with the whole thing? Would save an awful lot of typing.

A point of order footers. I dint believe I have linked anything from Guido in the last year or so. Maybe once at a push but I don’t recall it. I’ve seen you repeat the Guido dig about three or four times this week.

I haven’t bothered to read Guido much since Alex Wikham and the posh bloke whose name escapes me jumped ship ages ago.

If you are young to critique my posts then at least get your facts right.

The twitter feeds that I post most regularly come from anti racist organisations. I’m surprised you would object to that.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 9:51]

Iron Lion Zion

Independent Group on 09:49 - Feb 21 with 1419 viewsfooters

Independent Group on 09:48 - Feb 21 by lowhouseblue

ah, but then there are posters like me who don't follow social media or tweets. everything i post is entirely made up by me and hasn't bene thought about for longer than it took to type

Finally, something we have in common! No wonder we don't make sense half the time. Let's hug it out brudda

Independent Group on 09:51 - Feb 21 with 1412 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Independent Group on 09:41 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Open the tweet.

Have you got around to clarify that you may have inadvertently been misled by Margaret Hodge and others in exaggerating your claims about antisemitic labour party members (180 out of 200, a 9/10 fabrication rate.)

Independent Group on 09:54 - Feb 21 with 1407 viewsZedRodgers

Independent Group on 09:27 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

If you think that's playing the man you must not have been reading much of the forum recently. I don't remember there being daily updates on how Labour didn't have policies after JC took over or inconsistencies between the positions of the leadership and the PLP. It's silly, give them time to formulate what they want to say.

Pushing out daily updates littered with links isn't the right thing to do in my opinion.

SB
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 9:30]

It's been in the pipeline for long enough for them to have something substantial to offer. Even their Panamanian website has been registered for a while. When they say they're only now meeting for the first time they are telling an outright lie. You don't go from zero to shiny logo and website without meeting each other. Chuka had booked the same room they announced their breakaway in the week before, but didn't use it. Soubry, Allen and Wollaston knew they were breaking away when they supported the government in the no confidence vote.

Breaking away with no plan but to hide in parliament as an opposition party that don't want a general election at a crucial time in our political history is reckless.

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on posting daily updates - Was just noting that my OP suggested they had nothing, but on day 2 they started defending austerity.

No, not at the moment

Independent Group on 09:55 - Feb 21 with 1407 viewsFelstow1978

Is it just me or is Corbyn and his caravan of incompetence about as convincing and compelling as a week-old dog turd

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Independent Group on 09:56 - Feb 21 with 1402 viewsGlasgowBlue

Independent Group on 09:51 - Feb 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Have you got around to clarify that you may have inadvertently been misled by Margaret Hodge and others in exaggerating your claims about antisemitic labour party members (180 out of 200, a 9/10 fabrication rate.)

I’ll say the same to you as I said to zed. I have no wish to play Jewish Top Trumps with you today.

I’m mentally exhausted by it. I’d like one day on here where somebody like you doesn’t bait me in order to get a reaction ovevantisemitism. I think I’ve posted plenty in this subject.

Iron Lion Zion

Independent Group on 10:00 - Feb 21 with 1386 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Independent Group on 09:56 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

I’ll say the same to you as I said to zed. I have no wish to play Jewish Top Trumps with you today.

I’m mentally exhausted by it. I’d like one day on here where somebody like you doesn’t bait me in order to get a reaction ovevantisemitism. I think I’ve posted plenty in this subject.

Parr for the course when facts catch up with propoganda then......enjoy your day.

Independent Group on 10:00 - Feb 21 with 1385 viewsfooters

Independent Group on 09:49 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

A point of order footers. I dint believe I have linked anything from Guido in the last year or so. Maybe once at a push but I don’t recall it. I’ve seen you repeat the Guido dig about three or four times this week.

I haven’t bothered to read Guido much since Alex Wikham and the posh bloke whose name escapes me jumped ship ages ago.

If you are young to critique my posts then at least get your facts right.

The twitter feeds that I post most regularly come from anti racist organisations. I’m surprised you would object to that.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 9:51]

Fair enough! I don't read that trashy comic dressed up as political commentary, so I really wouldn't know. Every time I have seen it it angries the blood too much.

I certainly don't object to the anti-racist angle, only the tw@tter bit... Too many storms in teacups on there. No wonder people go a bit loopy being on there all day.

Independent Group on 10:03 - Feb 21 with 1372 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Independent Group on 10:00 - Feb 21 by footers

Fair enough! I don't read that trashy comic dressed up as political commentary, so I really wouldn't know. Every time I have seen it it angries the blood too much.

I certainly don't object to the anti-racist angle, only the tw@tter bit... Too many storms in teacups on there. No wonder people go a bit loopy being on there all day.

"Gnasho"......covers most sources!

Independent Group on 10:10 - Feb 21 with 1357 viewsZedRodgers

Independent Group on 09:31 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

I think Owen's heart is in the right place but I find something about the way he comes across a bit annoying. I certainly don't regurgitate his opinions but as footers suggested, what is it you find so difficult to understand about more than one person sharing an opinion that's different to yours?

I don't call you a Gnasher plant, or a Tory plant pretending you're no longer a Tory. It's petty and weird.

I'm not a member of Momentum either. My news/info comes from all over the place. From Dan Hodges to the Artist Taxi Driver. I try to absorb as many different opinions as possible and base my own views on what matters to me. Like you, except when you're presented with a different opinion you ignore it or shout propaganda.

No, not at the moment

Independent Group on 10:27 - Feb 21 with 1333 viewsStokieBlue

Why are you bringing me into it?

You're an adult, I'm sure you can ask GB stuff directly without involving me.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Independent Group on 10:37 - Feb 21 with 1323 viewsStokieBlue

Independent Group on 09:54 - Feb 21 by ZedRodgers

It's been in the pipeline for long enough for them to have something substantial to offer. Even their Panamanian website has been registered for a while. When they say they're only now meeting for the first time they are telling an outright lie. You don't go from zero to shiny logo and website without meeting each other. Chuka had booked the same room they announced their breakaway in the week before, but didn't use it. Soubry, Allen and Wollaston knew they were breaking away when they supported the government in the no confidence vote.

Breaking away with no plan but to hide in parliament as an opposition party that don't want a general election at a crucial time in our political history is reckless.

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on posting daily updates - Was just noting that my OP suggested they had nothing, but on day 2 they started defending austerity.

Well the first point of order is that they have clearly said they aren’t yet setting up an opposition party, more a collection of MPs who have like-minded ideals on some things. I wouldn’t expect them to have a manifesto yet, more people are joining and surely it’s better they all think out and debate their stances rather than rush something out just to appease people? I think you’re being rather unfair in your criticisms on this point.

Why is it reckless? I think there will be many people who are happy to have some more centralist MPs supporting their views. Just because they aren’t your views it doesn’t mean there isn’t support for a middle ground. I know you find that hard to understand and that’s fine because you’re coming from a position whereby you think your views and the policies you support are the correct way. People shouldn’t have a problem with either view.

All I am saying is that they should be given time to formulate their stances.

SB

Independent Group on 10:45 - Feb 21 with 1298 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Independent Group on 10:27 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

Why are you bringing me into it?

You're an adult, I'm sure you can ask GB stuff directly without involving me.

SB

I'll take that as never challenged him then.

Independent Group on 10:48 - Feb 21 with 1289 viewsStokieBlue

Independent Group on 10:45 - Feb 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'll take that as never challenged him then.

Your constant challenging of the views of people you tend to agree with really is something we should all aspire to.

I'm really not sure why you've decided to go down this route. It's a bit odd. For instance, I never post on the anti-semetic arguments.

SB
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 10:50]

Independent Group on 11:00 - Feb 21 with 1259 viewsZedRodgers

Independent Group on 10:37 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

Well the first point of order is that they have clearly said they aren’t yet setting up an opposition party, more a collection of MPs who have like-minded ideals on some things. I wouldn’t expect them to have a manifesto yet, more people are joining and surely it’s better they all think out and debate their stances rather than rush something out just to appease people? I think you’re being rather unfair in your criticisms on this point.

Why is it reckless? I think there will be many people who are happy to have some more centralist MPs supporting their views. Just because they aren’t your views it doesn’t mean there isn’t support for a middle ground. I know you find that hard to understand and that’s fine because you’re coming from a position whereby you think your views and the policies you support are the correct way. People shouldn’t have a problem with either view.

All I am saying is that they should be given time to formulate their stances.

SB

I get that you're hoping they will speak for you, but how do people know they're supporting your views if they won't say what their views are? If they are a group that oppose the government, but don't want a general election, what's the point in them? The Brexit clock is on the 11th hour and you're saying them swanning about Westminster in a member-less, policy-less, un-democratic neo-liberal wet dream is absolutely fine.

I don't have a problem understanding that people have different views to me and I know some of my opinions are unpopular. I would like to know what those views are though.

Saying you agree with their stance but that they should be given time to formulate their stance seems a huge contradiction to me.

No, not at the moment

Independent Group on 11:09 - Feb 21 with 1239 viewsZedRodgers

Absolutely insane that a a group of MPs can defect from their party, say they want a new politics, but squat in their seats afraid of a general election.

They are literally saying they don't want too many people to defect in case it forces a general election. Snides.

No, not at the moment

Independent Group on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 1236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Independent Group on 10:48 - Feb 21 by StokieBlue

Your constant challenging of the views of people you tend to agree with really is something we should all aspire to.

I'm really not sure why you've decided to go down this route. It's a bit odd. For instance, I never post on the anti-semetic arguments.

SB
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 10:50]

I don't know if that is sarcasm or an observation of fact from the ramblings of a left leaning, @narcho syndicalist Leave voter.
I have wondered why you avoid those thresds and presumed that it was because you see the nuances in the arguments but couldn't bring yourself to point it out to people attempting to bash Corbyn with that particular stick.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024