Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? 17:02 - Feb 18 with 9672 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I think there are big futures for Downes, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Lankester and probably Nydam and Dozzell too. I also think Emmanuel would be more than adequate in League One.

However, I simply do not rate Kenlock. I don't think he's anything more than a lower League One defender at best. He just has so many areas he is poor at. Positioning is all over the place, his passing is poor, his awareness is poor. I think he is comfortably the worst of the group of 'our own' that has featured regularly.

I really hope he goes on to prove me wrong, but I have seen enough to believe that in a few years he'll be nowhere near the Championship / top end of League One.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:07 - Feb 18 with 5284 viewsChocorange

Agree sadly, I also think Emmanuel us wildly over rated by some on here.

Ok, h can do a stepper but he's in the team to defend and he Looks clumsy and a liability far too often.

Not surprised he couldn't even get into. a Shrews team that is in the bottom 4 of league 1 and that they didn't want to keep him. ,
Funnily enough... on 17:22 - Feb 18 with 5239 viewsunstableblue

... on Saturday at half time I would have completely agreed with your assessment.

But in the second half he massively improved; and started to do a lot better against Ince, and going forward. I think he showed that he has some of the physical attributes and capabilities to be a good full back. Couple of his cut backs and corner flag control were strong.

A good run and come confidence you just never know.

Bree was brilliant on saturday by the way.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:25 - Feb 18 with 5231 viewsMrTown

He did improve in the second half, still overall had a poor game.

We have the option on his contract but interesting with so many youngsters been tied to longer deals recently nothing has happened on his front and is up in the summer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:26 - Feb 18 with 5217 viewstextbackup

based on the last 2 showings i'd probably say he'll be average at L1. and average might just do us fine if we have a few high quality L1 players

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:28 - Feb 18 with 5215 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Disagree, I think Kenlock is a decent player and is Championship class without doubt.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:30 - Feb 18 with 5200 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:07 - Feb 18 by Chocorange

Agree sadly, I also think Emmanuel us wildly over rated by some on here.

Ok, h can do a stepper but he's in the team to defend and he Looks clumsy and a liability far too often.

Not surprised he couldn't even get into. a Shrews team that is in the bottom 4 of league 1 and that they didn't want to keep him. ,

As a JE fan, how come Rotherham voted him as their young player of the year in their promotion season and wanted him? Hurst loaned him out at Josh was more or less ever present for the Shrews until a new manager took over. I also think Kenlock is underrated too.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:31 - Feb 18 with 5195 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

I've said for a couple of years now, neither Emmanuel or Kenlock are really good enough. They'll have careers in League 1 or 2, but if they didn't come through our academy there really wouldn't be such a clamoring for them to play.
Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:32 - Feb 18 with 5178 viewsfooters

According to some he's a better LB than Knudsen.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:34 - Feb 18 with 5180 viewsCoastalblue

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:30 - Feb 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

As a JE fan, how come Rotherham voted him as their young player of the year in their promotion season and wanted him? Hurst loaned him out at Josh was more or less ever present for the Shrews until a new manager took over. I also think Kenlock is underrated too.

Shrewsbury fans didn't love him though, he was said to be enormously inconsistent with some very poor games. In fact one of the chats I had earlier in the season it almost sounded like Spence with us was being discussed.

He'll be what 22 at the start of next season? He needs to do it quick if he's going to convince one of our managers and make it here.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:35 - Feb 18 with 5183 viewsSteve_M

I have no idea about how he'll get on in League 1, he'll probably be just about ok but it's clear he's not good enough to be a Championship regular. He's fine going forwards just a bit too weak defensively but the fact that he keeps going, even when having a poor game, is in his favour.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:38 - Feb 18 with 5143 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:28 - Feb 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Disagree, I think Kenlock is a decent player and is Championship class without doubt.

Wtf? Have you actually seen him play?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:42 - Feb 18 with 5124 viewsMrTown

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:30 - Feb 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Did well at Rotherham, not rated at Shrewsbury, replaced at Shrewsbury, but deserves at some point a little run in a Town shirt before dismissing him.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:43 - Feb 18 with 5126 viewsReusersTown

I think we've seen enough of Kenlock now to form an opinion. Mine being that he's definitely not up to the championship but may be ok in league one. With Emmanuel i still think it's too early to judge and he did also have a good season last year at Rotherham. Both are getting on though in youth player terms and need to take a serious step next year, or i'd say it would be time for them to be moved on.
Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:47 - Feb 18 with 5105 viewsReusersTown

As Rotherham didn't really have any other young players to choose from. If they did, I doubt the award would be going to a loanee.
Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 5081 viewsjas0999

Completely disagree. I rate Kenlock and think he will be a good League One player. I also think Emmanuel could do a job - but equally think we need to / could recruit better.
Funnily enough... on 18:17 - Feb 18 with 5009 viewsmonty_radio

Funnily enough... on 17:22 - Feb 18 by unstableblue

... on Saturday at half time I would have completely agreed with your assessment.

But in the second half he massively improved; and started to do a lot better against Ince, and going forward. I think he showed that he has some of the physical attributes and capabilities to be a good full back. Couple of his cut backs and corner flag control were strong.

A good run and come confidence you just never know.

Bree was brilliant on saturday by the way.

I don't feel that his forward play is the problem, but a full-back should, first of all, stop crosses coming in. This is not happening on our left flank.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 19:09 - Feb 18 with 4859 viewsFixed_It

Wasn't Kenlock linked with Arsenal when he was a bit younger?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 19:18 - Feb 18 with 4828 viewspositivity

he's got his faults, but so have the other lbs at the club.

unlike downes, emmanuel, woolfenden, lankester, bishop, he's never had a decent run in the team (due to the previous manager's preference for his favourites). give him a proper go now and we'll find out if he's good enough.

mills rates him, and he was a fairly decent full-back!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 19:19 - Feb 18 with 4808 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Because he was the only player under the age of 21 to play more than about 2 games

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 19:29 - Feb 18 with 4769 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Watched him v Villa. Very quiet, didn’t see him open his mouth once. Seems out of his depth.
I rate Emmanuel though, only sent back due to the management changes at Shrewsbury, otherwise he did well.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 21:51 - Feb 18 with 4584 viewsGarv

He's not perfect but there's no reason he should be. He's never had a run.

He's got good energy, gets forward, skipped past two players at one point on Saturday in great fashion. He's also not afraid to use his right foot and pass forward when he comes inside... And yes that's a dig at Knudsen, shoot me.

Needs to improve ball retention and final ball, but he's worth persisting with.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 21:55 - Feb 18 with 4551 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 21:51 - Feb 18 by Garv

He's not perfect but there's no reason he should be. He's never had a run.

He's got good energy, gets forward, skipped past two players at one point on Saturday in great fashion. He's also not afraid to use his right foot and pass forward when he comes inside... And yes that's a dig at Knudsen, shoot me.

Needs to improve ball retention and final ball, but he's worth persisting with.

He looks miles away from being a Championship full back imo, just doesn't have the quality needed defensively or going forward unfortunately. I think League 2, maybe League 1 will be his natural level. He's played nearly 50 games now and has never really looked up to it and he's not really improved much, if at all, since his early appearances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 22:10 - Feb 18 with 4508 viewsNo9

Sad for the lad but I have to agree
Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 00:10 - Feb 19 with 4395 viewsGluedtoBlue

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 19:18 - Feb 18 by positivity

he's got his faults, but so have the other lbs at the club.

unlike downes, emmanuel, woolfenden, lankester, bishop, he's never had a decent run in the team (due to the previous manager's preference for his favourites). give him a proper go now and we'll find out if he's good enough.

mills rates him, and he was a fairly decent full-back!

I assume by favourites you mean best players?

At this moment in time, anyone who claims Knudsen isn't good enough for this level and then goes on to claim Kenlock is simply baffles me.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 00:17 - Feb 19 with 4384 viewsStNeotsBlue

Anyone else share the view that Kenlock is not good enough for us in League 1? on 21:55 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

He looks miles away from being a Championship full back imo, just doesn't have the quality needed defensively or going forward unfortunately. I think League 2, maybe League 1 will be his natural level. He's played nearly 50 games now and has never really looked up to it and he's not really improved much, if at all, since his early appearances.

Kenlock is top end League one, bottom end Championship in my view. He has an ungainly style of running which I think adversely affects some peoples opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024