Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! 22:09 - Feb 18 with 14917 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/crash-landing-for-labour-candidat

"But local businessman Mike Lane, 57, was unconvinced: "She hasn't got a clue about any of the policies — and she didn't know who Bill Shankly was. Whatever happened to the working class people? They are parachuting these middle class people in."

"She has been the target of intense journalistic curiosity, sparked by interest surrounding her connections to the Blairs and her widely reported gaffes. She was pictured getting out of a car with a personalised number plate — something unlikely to go down well with her would-be constituents "

......wonder who has been pulling her strings !
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 22:10]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:20 - Feb 19 with 2976 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow. Seven MP’s left Labour Party yesterday. Banksy singles out the Jew.

Quelle surprise.

FYI you should look up her work with the issue of mental health.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 9:26]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 2953 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:20 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Quelle surprise.

Yes you got it.....I haven't commented elsewhere at all.....it was because you portayed her in saintly terms on a different thread.

As I said I googled her achievements and this is what came up.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 2953 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 08:31 - Feb 19 by Cotty

"......wonder who has been pulling her strings !"

It's because of comments like this that she's leaving. Can't blame her.

Indeed.

Your mate Marlon Solomon is doing amazing work in highlighting this sort of stuff btw. He got a mention in the JC recently.

https://www.thejc.com/news/news-features/twitter-warriors-labour-antisemitism-je

Iron Lion Zion

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:33 - Feb 19 with 2947 viewsPhilTWTD

Really not sure we needed yet another thread on this. Starting to dominate the forum. No problem with non-football issues being discussed but not to the point where there's more threads on one particular topic than there are about football.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:36 - Feb 19 with 2924 viewsZedRodgers

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:20 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Quelle surprise.

A shame she resigned from the position Corbyn gave her of Shadow Minister for Mental Health in the 2016 chicken coup.

I'm sure her work in this area would have flourished even further had she not wrongly doubted the party's ability to put on the biggest vote share since WWII. Credit where it's due, she made her bed then and has been lying in it ever since.

No, not at the moment

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:41 - Feb 19 with 2898 viewsChampionship

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:36 - Feb 19 by ZedRodgers

A shame she resigned from the position Corbyn gave her of Shadow Minister for Mental Health in the 2016 chicken coup.

I'm sure her work in this area would have flourished even further had she not wrongly doubted the party's ability to put on the biggest vote share since WWII. Credit where it's due, she made her bed then and has been lying in it ever since.

Do you think Labour can build on that and win power at the next general election?
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:48 - Feb 19 with 2869 viewslowhouseblue

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:41 - Feb 19 by Championship

Do you think Labour can build on that and win power at the next general election?

what was once new and exciting is starting to whiff more than a bit. 'ohh Jeremy cobyn' and glasto is a fair time ago now.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:56 - Feb 19 with 2828 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:36 - Feb 19 by ZedRodgers

And yet Stella Creasy has achieved more from the back benches than a Jezza has as leader so that busts your theory.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:59 - Feb 19 with 2821 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:24 - Feb 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes you got it.....I haven't commented elsewhere at all.....it was because you portayed her in saintly terms on a different thread.

As I said I googled her achievements and this is what came up.

By portraying her in saintly terms, you mean I said “well done Luciana”. I also made comment on Mike Grapes and Chris Leslie. I dint see where you have started a thread in them.

“Pulling her strings”. Could you be any more obvious

Iron Lion Zion

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:02 - Feb 19 with 2816 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:33 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Really not sure we needed yet another thread on this. Starting to dominate the forum. No problem with non-football issues being discussed but not to the point where there's more threads on one particular topic than there are about football.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hi Phil

Is it possible to split the "General" thread into:

Politics
Cheese
Vegans
Other

or similar, and allow users to hide threads they don't want to see? :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:03 - Feb 19 with 2813 viewsZedRodgers

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:56 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

And yet Stella Creasy has achieved more from the back benches than a Jezza has as leader so that busts your theory.

Show your working out for an extra 5 marks

No, not at the moment

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:04 - Feb 19 with 2811 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 23:51 - Feb 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

You haven't read it have you.

"One traditional Labour voice described the campaign as an example of the "worst excesses of New Labour". Opponents say that concerns over the quality of the candidate are now being realised. "They are afraid that if she is allowed a bit of freedom she will not only make a faux pas but run the risk of boring everyone to death," 
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 7:03]

It's OK, Degsy's back now - he'll be the next MP for Wavertree so there's nothing to worry about is there? :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:04 - Feb 19 with 2812 viewsfactual_blue

What's her view on the Gold Standard?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:08 - Feb 19 with 2809 viewsPhilTWTD

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:02 - Feb 19 by Ewan_Oozami

Hi Phil

Is it possible to split the "General" thread into:

Politics
Cheese
Vegans
Other

or similar, and allow users to hide threads they don't want to see? :-)

Perhaps, although we did promise not to split the board further when we introduced the football/general sections.

I do think the politics discussions have got to the point of dominating things - and my inbox re complaints from one angle or another - lately. If people want to spend their days constantly engaging in politic discussion - while adding nothing on the football front or on the other more general chit-chat - then I'd say here isn't really the place to do it. No problem with issues of the day being discussed but has got rather constant currently and is grinding the board - and us - down a bit.
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:13 - Feb 19 with 2777 viewsLeagueOne

Naff mainstream MP in a safe seat in political non-entity shocker.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:15 - Feb 19 with 2774 viewsBrianTablet

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:08 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps, although we did promise not to split the board further when we introduced the football/general sections.

I do think the politics discussions have got to the point of dominating things - and my inbox re complaints from one angle or another - lately. If people want to spend their days constantly engaging in politic discussion - while adding nothing on the football front or on the other more general chit-chat - then I'd say here isn't really the place to do it. No problem with issues of the day being discussed but has got rather constant currently and is grinding the board - and us - down a bit.

People are always welcome to leave and start their own Independent Board Group?
It's all the rage apparently.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:15 - Feb 19 with 2772 viewsBeckets

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:08 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Agreed. It’s as if the football has become largely incidental now.
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:18 - Feb 19 with 2754 viewsLeagueOne

I'd just have a non-politics rule, the Labour Party has a forum surely - if they want to talk politics then that's probably the best place for it.

Politics and religion are both divisive and I know a large number of Town fans, who are a-political online who avoid your forum because it's perceived to be more about politics than football. If they don't want to use your football forum because you take politics away then I'd suggest they we'rent football people, to begin with.

People at the ground often question if anyone on here actually attends games or supports Ipswich based on the politics stuff! You'd increase forum users if this was nipped in the bud instead of the same 10-15 people it is now.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:23 - Feb 19 with 2730 viewsartsbossbeard

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:18 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

I'd just have a non-politics rule, the Labour Party has a forum surely - if they want to talk politics then that's probably the best place for it.

Politics and religion are both divisive and I know a large number of Town fans, who are a-political online who avoid your forum because it's perceived to be more about politics than football. If they don't want to use your football forum because you take politics away then I'd suggest they we'rent football people, to begin with.

People at the ground often question if anyone on here actually attends games or supports Ipswich based on the politics stuff! You'd increase forum users if this was nipped in the bud instead of the same 10-15 people it is now.

4-5 people.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:27 - Feb 19 with 2706 viewsCotty

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 09:24 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed.

Your mate Marlon Solomon is doing amazing work in highlighting this sort of stuff btw. He got a mention in the JC recently.

https://www.thejc.com/news/news-features/twitter-warriors-labour-antisemitism-je

He's a good old boy, and is making a real difference.
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 2695 viewsPhilTWTD

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:18 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

It's a relatively recent development on here as I remember things, certainly the party political scarf waving. We didn't have much of that sort of thing at all going back a few years.
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:40 - Feb 19 with 2662 viewsWD19

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:31 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

It's a relatively recent development on here as I remember things, certainly the party political scarf waving. We didn't have much of that sort of thing at all going back a few years.

Its almost as if some people.....who may or may not have been actively encouraged by the political team they support.....are actually here to win an online game for their team.

What made this forum great is boundless discussion on all topics - but I am starting to think we might need an elaborate quota system: x political posts per week, per poster.
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:44 - Feb 19 with 2647 viewsCoachRob

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:40 - Feb 19 by WD19

Its almost as if some people.....who may or may not have been actively encouraged by the political team they support.....are actually here to win an online game for their team.

What made this forum great is boundless discussion on all topics - but I am starting to think we might need an elaborate quota system: x political posts per week, per poster.

Central planning - great idea.
Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 2635 viewsGuthrum

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:31 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Mind you, politics wasn't so ... er ... "interesting" back then!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just googled 'Luciana Berger political achievements' and came up with this.....! on 10:49 - Feb 19 with 2630 viewsGlasgowBlue

That’s when political parties weren’t cults.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024