Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? 14:10 - Feb 19 with 29312 viewsGeefunk

Wow loving this going down business has really galvanised the fans........
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:25 - Feb 19 with 4640 viewsKeaneish

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 15:26 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

Sort of - but stolen from Leeds YRA

Ebeneezer is the original and best - but no one sings it.

When you say, "best"...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:30 - Feb 19 with 4630 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:23 - Feb 19 by Blue_Order

How does that go, mate? I’ve only ever seen that line posted on here.

If you google "Halls of Montezuma" song that gives you the tune.

I cannot remember all of the words but I think it included "We'll fight fight fight for Ipswich to win the football league".

It was a long time ago, probably late 1960's early 1970's.

edit-in fact thinking about it it might just have been:-

From the banks of the river Orwell to the shores of Sicily
We'll fight fight fight for Ipswich to win the football league.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 17:36]
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:36 - Feb 19 with 4607 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To answer the OP: I don't know. Who did you steal that song about scrummaging from?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 4569 viewsblueislander

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:11 - Feb 19 by PJH

I always sung Hegan is better than Eusebio but quite a while ago someone on here said that it wasn't Hegan-not sure they said it was Crawford either though.
That goes back to 1967/68 or thereabouts.

It was Crawford as I recall.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:31 - Feb 19 with 4553 viewsWeWereZombies

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 15:57 - Feb 19 by footers

Have we ever played the ITFC version of Blitzkrieg Bop? Would get the place rocking! Although probably too fast to sing en masse.

It's up there with Deep Purple nicking some of Ricky Nelson's 'Summertime' for 'Black Night':

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 4547 viewsWeWereZombies

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:30 - Feb 19 by PJH

I cannot remember all of the words but I think it included "We'll fight fight fight for Ipswich to win the football league".

I can remember:

'We will follow the Ipswich
Over land and sea (and Norwich)'

and after that I couldn't make out anymore words until

'onto victory'
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 18:36]

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:43 - Feb 19 with 4533 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 15:10 - Feb 19 by pimballwizard

I CANT READ I CANT WRITE
THAT DONT REALLY MATTER
I CAN DO SOMETHING YOU CANT DO
I CAN DRIVE A TRACTOR.........

trad arr.

You missed the "Ooooh Aaarrrr" off the end.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:44 - Feb 19 with 4528 viewsfooters

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:31 - Feb 19 by WeWereZombies

It's up there with Deep Purple nicking some of Ricky Nelson's 'Summertime' for 'Black Night':

Oh wow. Yeah, that's pretty plagiaristictastic!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:51 - Feb 19 with 4524 viewsPecker

Marcus Evans is a tight ass w*^">R.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:52 - Feb 19 with 4519 viewsSlambo

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:35 - Feb 19 by WeWereZombies

I can remember:

'We will follow the Ipswich
Over land and sea (and Norwich)'

and after that I couldn't make out anymore words until

'onto victory'
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 18:36]

That's a different chant entirely mate. That one's to the tune of Land of Hope & Glory...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:54 - Feb 19 with 4512 viewsfooters

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:51 - Feb 19 by Pecker

Marcus Evans is a tight ass w*^">R.

Yeah, only spotting us millions a year to keep us going. BUT MUH SEASON TICKET.

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:02 - Feb 19 with 4498 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:20 - Feb 19 by blueislander

It was Crawford as I recall.

Maybe I sang Hegan because Danny was my favourite player in that team.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:05 - Feb 19 with 4473 viewsZedRodgers

You’re the weakest link, fcuk off (repeat)

Circa 2001.

No, not at the moment

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:08 - Feb 19 with 4474 viewsBlue_Order

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:30 - Feb 19 by PJH

I like it 👍

Are there any other proper old ones that you can remember that don’t get sung anymore?
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:09 - Feb 19 with 4475 viewsWeWereZombies

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:52 - Feb 19 by Slambo

That's a different chant entirely mate. That one's to the tune of Land of Hope & Glory...

Ah, that explains my surprise at never seeing Britannia eating a taco whilst being serenaded by a Mariachi band...

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:10 - Feb 19 with 4468 viewsfooters

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:08 - Feb 19 by Blue_Order

I like it 👍

Are there any other proper old ones that you can remember that don’t get sung anymore?

JD stickers arrived today, buh! Thanks so much for putting the extra effort in, really appreciated! Can't wait to tag up my Nodge-supporting mate's pub with a few...

A classic album pack would be class in the future. Will get my thinking cap on!

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:12 - Feb 19 with 4452 viewsZedRodgers

We should start singing YNWA again.

If anyone accuses us of coping it we can send Glassers in to repeatedly tell them they’re wrong until they give up and accept it.

No, not at the moment

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:15 - Feb 19 with 4449 viewsPecker

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 18:54 - Feb 19 by footers

Yeah, only spotting us millions a year to keep us going. BUT MUH SEASON TICKET.

It was a joke. I have defended Marcus many, many times on here. Get over yourself.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:20 - Feb 19 with 4443 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:08 - Feb 19 by Blue_Order

I like it 👍

Well there was "Keep Right On To The End Of The Road" which we won The League to in 1962 but Birmingham still do that and apparently did it before we did.

A lot of those that I can remember from the 1960's & 1970's were specific to the players of the time so obviously no longer relevant.
Mick Hill and Jimmy Robertson had their own chants,as did Warky.

I can't think of anything else but probably someone will come along and mention another one and I will say, yeah I remember that.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 4423 viewsnorth_stand77

The next line was

To hell with Liverpool
To hell with Man City,
We're gonna fight fight fight for Ipswich until we win the football league

Obviously it was word appropriate at the time!
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:26 - Feb 19 with 4425 viewsPJH

I think that song also included the line "To hell with Liverpool, to hell with Man City" so there probably was more to it.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:26 - Feb 19 with 4421 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:25 - Feb 19 by north_stand77

The next line was

To hell with Liverpool
To hell with Man City,
We're gonna fight fight fight for Ipswich until we win the football league

Obviously it was word appropriate at the time!

I have just remembered that-telepathy!
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:27 - Feb 19 with 4417 viewsfooters

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:15 - Feb 19 by Pecker

It was a joke. I have defended Marcus many, many times on here. Get over yourself.

My apologies, friend. As you probably know, there are many on here who don't thank our beloved leader for his constant support.

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:32 - Feb 19 with 4405 viewsnorth_stand77

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:26 - Feb 19 by PJH

I have just remembered that-telepathy!

Just means we have been around a little while .....but still have good grey matter! 😁
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:35 - Feb 19 with 4403 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:32 - Feb 19 by north_stand77

Just means we have been around a little while .....but still have good grey matter! 😁

Yes and memories of some very good ITFC times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024