Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? 14:10 - Feb 19 with 29235 viewsGeefunk

Wow loving this going down business has really galvanised the fans........
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 12:00 - Feb 21 with 2896 viewsbluejake78

After the Radio Orwell jingle. (Sung to the away fans)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10.....Mothercare go up to 10.

Down with the North Stand, you're going down with the North stand.
May 2001 sung to Man City. I still chuckle to that one.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 12:18 - Feb 21 with 2877 viewsWhymarkmariner

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:11 - Feb 19 by PJH

I always sung Hegan is better than Eusebio but quite a while ago someone on here said that it wasn't Hegan-not sure they said it was Crawford either though.
That goes back to 1967/68 or thereabouts.

Hi , definitely Crawford, remember singing it myself. We had another which went, We got Billy Baxter in our team, we got Billy Baxter in our team, we've got the best team in the land. This was sung going through the whole team.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 12:25 - Feb 21 with 2874 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 12:18 - Feb 21 by Whymarkmariner

Hi , definitely Crawford, remember singing it myself. We had another which went, We got Billy Baxter in our team, we got Billy Baxter in our team, we've got the best team in the land. This was sung going through the whole team.

Yes, I remember the "best team in the land" one.

I am sure you are right about Crawford but I still think I sang Hegan-about 50 years ago that was.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 13:16 - Feb 21 with 2852 viewsgainsboroughblue

What do you think of Norwich?

SH1T

What do you think of SH1T?

Norwich

Thank you.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 14:35 - Feb 21 with 2831 viewsjontysnut

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 13:16 - Feb 21 by gainsboroughblue

What do you think of Norwich?

SH1T

What do you think of SH1T?

Norwich

Thank you.

Over there, over there
And do they smell
Like farrkin hell

Hit him on the head
Hit him on the head
Hit him on the head with a baseball bat oh yeah, oh yeah
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:21 - Feb 21 with 2813 viewscarlisleaway

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 14:35 - Feb 21 by jontysnut

Over there, over there
And do they smell
Like farrkin hell

Hit him on the head
Hit him on the head
Hit him on the head with a baseball bat oh yeah, oh yeah

We’ve got Jimmmy, Jimmy Robertson on the wing......what a night when we beat Arsenal 2-1 on a Tuesday night to keep relegation away...was said that you could hear the North Stand in Ipswich Centre . What year was that and I believe Frank Clark was the Centre forward
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:28 - Feb 21 with 2793 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:21 - Feb 21 by carlisleaway

We’ve got Jimmmy, Jimmy Robertson on the wing......what a night when we beat Arsenal 2-1 on a Tuesday night to keep relegation away...was said that you could hear the North Stand in Ipswich Centre . What year was that and I believe Frank Clark was the Centre forward

It was 1969/70 and he and Frank Clarke(with an e) were largely responsible for keeping us up.They only played the last 7 games but we got 4 home wins in those games, they scored 5 goals between them.
We finished 5 points clear in the end when it was 2 points for a win and only two teams went down.
We only won 6 of the first 35 games so winning 4 out of 7 was quite a turnaround.

Perhaps we can do something similar this season.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:34 - Feb 21 with 2787 viewsBeckets

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:28 - Feb 21 by PJH

It was 1969/70 and he and Frank Clarke(with an e) were largely responsible for keeping us up.They only played the last 7 games but we got 4 home wins in those games, they scored 5 goals between them.
We finished 5 points clear in the end when it was 2 points for a win and only two teams went down.
We only won 6 of the first 35 games so winning 4 out of 7 was quite a turnaround.

Perhaps we can do something similar this season.

I would have been 12 for that match. Remember it well. In the Churchmans and the place was rocking. I think we came from 1-0 down and were attacking the Churchmans second half. Billy Baxter equalised with a header?
Login to get fewer ads

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:37 - Feb 21 with 2783 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:34 - Feb 21 by Beckets

I would have been 12 for that match. Remember it well. In the Churchmans and the place was rocking. I think we came from 1-0 down and were attacking the Churchmans second half. Billy Baxter equalised with a header?

Yes and Frank Clarke got the other one.

Billy Baxter was great in the air considering he was only (I think) 5 feet 8 inches tall.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:40 - Feb 21 with 2778 viewsfloridablue

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:21 - Feb 21 by carlisleaway

I was there for that night game and yes it was loud. Also remember a national newspaper next day report mentioning how the Town fans roared on the team as I had a newspaper clipping for years. I guess it was 69/70 season and Robertson had an excellent game against one of his old clubs.
Another one from those days which we sung was...The sweet Molly Malone, as she wheeled her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow, crying.....!!!
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:41 - Feb 21 with 2773 viewsBeckets

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:37 - Feb 21 by PJH

Yes and Frank Clarke got the other one.

Billy Baxter was great in the air considering he was only (I think) 5 feet 8 inches tall.

It’s all coming back. Think we beat Sunderland and maybe Southampton at home in key games to stay up. Pity those aren’t on You Tube anywhere. Of course that Arsenal team won the Double the following season.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:46 - Feb 21 with 2756 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:41 - Feb 21 by Beckets

It’s all coming back. Think we beat Sunderland and maybe Southampton at home in key games to stay up. Pity those aren’t on You Tube anywhere. Of course that Arsenal team won the Double the following season.

We beat Sunderland(who went down) 2-0 in Robertson and Clarke's first game(Whymark and og)and Arsenal as previously mentioned.
Also beat Southampton 2-0(Robertson and Carroll) and Leeds 3-2(Robertson 2 and Clarke)although we were safe before that game.

Thanks as always to The Men Who Made The Town for assisting my memory.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:51 - Feb 21 with 2738 viewsBeckets

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:46 - Feb 21 by PJH

We beat Sunderland(who went down) 2-0 in Robertson and Clarke's first game(Whymark and og)and Arsenal as previously mentioned.
Also beat Southampton 2-0(Robertson and Carroll) and Leeds 3-2(Robertson 2 and Clarke)although we were safe before that game.

Thanks as always to The Men Who Made The Town for assisting my memory.

Thanks. I’ve got the book somewhere too! I think Leeds had either just played in or were just about to play in the Cup Final when we played them. They certainly played a weakened side.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:56 - Feb 21 with 2732 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:51 - Feb 21 by Beckets

Thanks. I’ve got the book somewhere too! I think Leeds had either just played in or were just about to play in the Cup Final when we played them. They certainly played a weakened side.

Yes Leeds had the F.A. Cup Final on April 11th and the replay on 29th, our game was on 21st.
Season finished very early because of 1970 World Cup.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:13 - Feb 21 with 2667 viewsjontysnut

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 16:40 - Feb 21 by floridablue

I was there for that night game and yes it was loud. Also remember a national newspaper next day report mentioning how the Town fans roared on the team as I had a newspaper clipping for years. I guess it was 69/70 season and Robertson had an excellent game against one of his old clubs.
Another one from those days which we sung was...The sweet Molly Malone, as she wheeled her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow, crying.....!!!

Cockles and Mussels!

I'd forgotten that one. Worth reviving.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:47 - Feb 21 with 2654 viewshuddersfielditfc

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 17:02 - Feb 19 by britbiker

From the banks of the river orwell to the shores of Sicily ?

United song
"From the banks of the river Irwell.."

The link posted earlier was when United fans changed the tune to update it and pissed off the purists.
Here's the original

Been sung since 70s apparently.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 19:50]
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 20:15 - Feb 21 with 2626 viewsnorth_stand77

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:47 - Feb 21 by huddersfielditfc

United song
"From the banks of the river Irwell.."

The link posted earlier was when United fans changed the tune to update it and pissed off the purists.
Here's the original

Been sung since 70s apparently.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 19:50]

That's definitely the tune we used to sing our version to. In my time it was 'To hell with Liverpool, To hell with Man City
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 20:18 - Feb 21 with 2629 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 20:15 - Feb 21 by north_stand77

That's definitely the tune we used to sing our version to. In my time it was 'To hell with Liverpool, To hell with Man City

Yes, "Halls Of Montezuma" tune and as we agreed previously it was To hell with Liverpool,To hell with Man City.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 20:21 - Feb 21 with 2625 viewsjudespiveyg

The Delia one? Haven't heard that tune sung anyway else.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 20:29 - Feb 21 with 2618 viewsWeWereZombies

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:13 - Feb 21 by jontysnut

Cockles and Mussels!

Nah, apparently Molly Malone went:

Clap, clap
Clap. clap. clap
Clap clap
Clap clap
IPSWICH

Another song I remember from that time, not that we would have had much use for it this season, was when we were coasting home in the last quarter of an hour of a game:

We've won ya bums, we've won ya bums
We've won ya bums, we've won
repeat ad infinitum

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 21:03 - Feb 21 with 2589 viewsfloridablue

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 19:13 - Feb 21 by jontysnut

Cockles and Mussels!

A good North Stand terrace song from the late 60s early 70s. Could easily change the opening verse which we used to sing from.......
In Dublins fair city where the girls are so pretty...
I first set my eyes on sweet molly malone...
as she wheeled her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow
crying....(fast) clap clap..clap clap clap etc ...Ipswich..Ipswich.... in place of ..cockles and mussels alive alive oh!
change it to Ipswich fair city (although we all know its not a city) or
In Norwich fair city , where the girls are so sh--y I first set my eyes on..
still no idea why we started singing it but bringing back fond memories
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 21:14]
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 21:55 - Feb 21 with 2526 viewsBlue_Order

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 20:18 - Feb 21 by PJH

Yes, "Halls Of Montezuma" tune and as we agreed previously it was To hell with Liverpool,To hell with Man City.

If we made an attempt to bring it back, do you reckon keep Liverpool and Man City in it, or think of something else for that part?

We’re obviously on different levels to them nowadays, but I think it would still work in a “fck the big, rich clubs - we’ll fight for our local team” kind of way..?
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 22:04 - Feb 21 with 2513 viewsPJH

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 21:55 - Feb 21 by Blue_Order

If we made an attempt to bring it back, do you reckon keep Liverpool and Man City in it, or think of something else for that part?

We’re obviously on different levels to them nowadays, but I think it would still work in a “fck the big, rich clubs - we’ll fight for our local team” kind of way..?

I think if you can successfully revive it then keep the words as they were(about 50 years ago).
I am proud if I and others have helped you identify the tune and words.
I am very impressed by what you are trying to achieve and have achieved so far.
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 22:09 - Feb 21 with 2502 viewsnorth_stand77

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 22:04 - Feb 21 by PJH

I think if you can successfully revive it then keep the words as they were(about 50 years ago).

I agree, keep it the same as it seemed to flow.. I look forward to singing along to it!
Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 22:35 - Feb 21 with 2494 viewsBlue_Order

Do we actually have our own song - not stolen from anyone ?? on 22:04 - Feb 21 by PJH

Yeah I agree. I thought I’d ask the opinion of someone that was about when it was sung back then, so cheers.

You have mate, and I’ll be proud if we can bring it back and get it sung again all these years later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024