Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died 14:39 - Feb 19 with 3294 viewsitfcjoe

Really good piece this by Martin Samuel about Cardiff, murky business of football and Emiliano Sala.

Cardiff are getting themselves into a position where they won't be covering themselves in any glory in this - they need to stump up the cash and move on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6718009/The-time-Cardiff-care

Since this was published there were further detailsa bout the plane released by McKay, and knowledge that they were aware of it, that they have been dealing with mcKay on this etc.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:41 - Feb 19 with 3264 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:45 - Feb 19 with 3220 viewschicoazul

This all seems deeply deeply strange.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:49 - Feb 19 with 3193 viewsSteve_M

That's very good, plenty of pertinent bits in there but this in particular:

"Cardiff are not asking FIFA, the FA – or the police, according to the most recent dispatches – to investigate any of their other transfer deals or negotiations.

They do not want them poking around in the six that involved Unique Sports Management, the company that counts Neil Warnock's son James among its employees, for instance. James Warnock is believed to have been involved in Cardiff business involving at least three players – Sean Morrison, Rhys Healey and Craig Noone – but the club seem happy enough with that.

They also do not appear to have a problem with Jack McKay, son of Willie McKay who helped broker the Sala deal, signing a two-and-a-half-year contract as a professional with the club in January 2018 despite enjoying a less than exceptional career."

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:51 - Feb 19 with 3181 viewsfooters

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:45 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

This all seems deeply deeply strange.

It's extremely distasteful for the parties to be having this kind of conversation publicly. Money does likely need to be discussed but doing it out in the open, and so soon, can only add to the hurt.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:53 - Feb 19 with 3164 viewsitfcjoe

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:51 - Feb 19 by footers

It's extremely distasteful for the parties to be having this kind of conversation publicly. Money does likely need to be discussed but doing it out in the open, and so soon, can only add to the hurt.

I don't think it really needs to be discussed - Cardiff have an obligation to pay and just need to do so.

Nantes put the payment request to Cardiff, before the funeral, which whilst bad timing we only know about because Cardiff leaked it

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:59 - Feb 19 with 3119 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cardiff need to pay up.

The damage to their reputation could be more costly than £15m!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:59 - Feb 19 with 3113 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Really good article (particularly coming from the Daily Mail) that cuts straight to the chase and puts all the relevant details out there clear for everyone to see.

If Cardiff are really asking questions such as:
Was Sala a Nantes player when he stepped on to the fatal flight?
Who took the decision to put Sala on the plane?
Why won't the owner of the aircraft come forward?
Was the plane licensed to take commercial passengers?
Was pilot Ibbotson in possession of a licence to carry passengers?

Then they are at best clutching at straws and worst, well... there are some words that could be used.

All this after announcing the signing and registering him with the FA and the Premier League. He was a Cardiff player and as detailed in the article, there have been some questionable (if not downright dodgy) deals made by Cardiff in the last 18 months that should also be investigated if they apply even the minimal amount of logic.
The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:01 - Feb 19 with 3091 viewsMaySixth

I assume you've all seen this

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/17/everythings-a-little-too-c

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:06 - Feb 19 with 3043 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:01 - Feb 19 by MaySixth

I assume you've all seen this

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/17/everythings-a-little-too-c

Have seen that, the press conference re Lampard is quite a good watch. A reference to Matt Holland in there too;

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:10 - Feb 19 with 3031 viewsSwansea_Blue

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:41 - Feb 19 by Kieran_Knows

There have to be questions answered around the nature of these bookings. If I've understood rightly this particular flight wasn't operating under commercial rules, more a kind of mates rates arrangement that wouldn't be subject to the same requirements. And the flight itself was inherently risky apparently, which Sala may not have been aware of. Surely that's a questionable way of ferrying around a club's most valuable asset? Accidents obviously happen, but there's a smell of a duty of care failure somewhere in all of this (that's not aimed at any party - an inquest would be needed to get to the bottom of this).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:12 - Feb 19 with 3007 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:10 - Feb 19 by Swansea_Blue

There have to be questions answered around the nature of these bookings. If I've understood rightly this particular flight wasn't operating under commercial rules, more a kind of mates rates arrangement that wouldn't be subject to the same requirements. And the flight itself was inherently risky apparently, which Sala may not have been aware of. Surely that's a questionable way of ferrying around a club's most valuable asset? Accidents obviously happen, but there's a smell of a duty of care failure somewhere in all of this (that's not aimed at any party - an inquest would be needed to get to the bottom of this).

He was Cardiffs player, so the duty of care falls with them.

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:24 - Feb 19 with 2960 viewsLeagueOne

Based on what I have been reading about their owners, some deep digging is needed here.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:24 - Feb 19 with 2960 viewsitfcjoe

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:10 - Feb 19 by Swansea_Blue

I don't disagree with this, but Cardiff were aware of what was happening, and had been happy to allow their representatives to fly on this plane or with this company numerous times to get the deal done.

Now it has gone wrong, they are asking questions when the reality is they are responsible.

They are clearly trying to push line that McKay was being paid by Nantes, and that he arranged the plane and therefore Nantes need to take responsibility - but that fails to account for their pre existing relationship with mcKay

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:36 - Feb 19 with 2888 viewschicoazul

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 14:51 - Feb 19 by footers

Yes you put it much better than me, thats exactly what I meant. Horrible business.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:36 - Feb 19 with 2886 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 15:24 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

I don't disagree with this, but Cardiff were aware of what was happening, and had been happy to allow their representatives to fly on this plane or with this company numerous times to get the deal done.

Now it has gone wrong, they are asking questions when the reality is they are responsible.

They are clearly trying to push line that McKay was being paid by Nantes, and that he arranged the plane and therefore Nantes need to take responsibility - but that fails to account for their pre existing relationship with mcKay

Might not be long before opposition fans start chanting for Cardiff to pay up.

The time for Cardiff to care about their money was BEFORE Emiliano Sala died on 17:56 - Feb 19 with 2633 viewsBasuco

After a January transfer window where the premier league spent £1.1 billion on players, John Motson on 5 live stated that an agent told him that within 3 month's half of that money would be unaccountable for. With more and more stories coming out about intermediaries taking large sums of money out of football, it is time the FA started some serious investigation into where transfer fees are ending up. But I bet they won't dare to do that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024