Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fined £200k 18:57 - Feb 19 with 1452 viewstractorboy1978

Apologies if already covered but Shaun Harvey, EFL Chairman has said this "acts as a clear deterrent". He must be taking the p!ss?
Leeds fined £200k on 19:58 - Feb 19 with 1377 viewsSuperblue95

Of course it’s a deterrent. Instead that money could be spent on one eighth of a Kayden Jackson

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Leeds fined £200k on 20:09 - Feb 19 with 1363 viewsjpring89

Leeds fined £200k on 19:58 - Feb 19 by Superblue95

Of course it’s a deterrent. Instead that money could be spent on one eighth of a Kayden Jackson

20 Tyrone Mings

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Leeds fined £200k on 21:35 - Feb 19 with 1276 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is a more significant sum than many other fines that have been applied in the past, especially for breaking FFP rules.

Also, if you consider they had to stretch a regulation before they found one to state they had broken even to such a degree that they have made a new rule that Leeds have effectively retrospectively been found guilty of breaking.

If Leeds had felt especially aggrieved they would have had a strong case for taking it to the court for arbitration for sport or even a higher legal challenge, I am sure. Instead they seem to have taken a tack of Bielsa thought it was OK, the higher echelons of the club don't so let's have a line drawn under it as quickly as possible.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leeds fined £200k on 10:06 - Feb 20 with 1122 viewsLeagueOne

Unless they get docked 100 points I am not interested! Shame that Bolton, Leeds, and another haven't fallen foul and been docked enough points to keep us up. Even then we'd still probably drop.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Leeds fined £200k on 13:00 - Feb 20 with 1044 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Joke really. Didn't even break any rules. Will be interesting to see what Birminghams punishment is later this week, given they signed a player for £2m whilst under a transfer embargo.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Leeds fined £200k on 13:03 - Feb 20 with 1036 viewsChampionship

Leeds fined £200k on 10:06 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

Unless they get docked 100 points I am not interested! Shame that Bolton, Leeds, and another haven't fallen foul and been docked enough points to keep us up. Even then we'd still probably drop.

Yea no doubt you would love to help Norwich.
Leeds fined £200k on 13:06 - Feb 20 with 1024 viewsHerbivore

Leeds fined £200k on 10:06 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

Can't see you going from top after 33 games to getting relegated.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds fined £200k on 14:40 - Feb 20 with 976 viewsPinewoodblue

Leeds fined £200k on 13:00 - Feb 20 by JammyDodgerrr

Joke really. Didn't even break any rules. Will be interesting to see what Birminghams punishment is later this week, given they signed a player for £2m whilst under a transfer embargo.

Birmingham City recently complained they were being singled out for punishment which, if they are correct, suggests they are the only club being targeted. 12 points deduction will mean nothing.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024