Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming we go down 21:45 - Feb 19 with 5792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is a high probability we will be playing Portsmouth and Sunderland.

Just in case anyone thought next season might be easy.

I know they aren't the same sides they once were but they are still better than Accrington and Peterborough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Assuming we go down on 22:16 - Feb 19 with 5081 viewsLeagueOne

We'll also be in the league with two of Wigan, Bolton, Rotherham, Millwall and Reading. We could potentially have Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton in there too, Coventry are also due some rub - many people think we'll go straight back up and do a Norwich whereas I think we'll be more in the Coventry City scenario and struggle to get out of the league.

I am not sure Evans has the stomach for funding us in a serious way anymore either.

Do we think we can get promoted in a league that has say...

Sunderland
Portsmouth
Rotherham
Bolton
Charlton
Coventry
and the likes of Peterborough and Blackpool who are usually able to get out of that league too?

I am going with 11th place next season.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Assuming we go down on 22:17 - Feb 19 with 5081 viewsMrTown

Anyone thinking dropping into L1 is going to be easy needs to start adjusting to reality now, it’s a tough old league, certainly developed in ability in the last 5-10 years. And there’s a few more teams who prefer a more physical approach.

Will be an incredibly tough season next year.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Assuming we go down on 22:17 - Feb 19 with 5076 viewsLeagueOne

Assuming we go down on 22:16 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

We'll also be in the league with two of Wigan, Bolton, Rotherham, Millwall and Reading. We could potentially have Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton in there too, Coventry are also due some rub - many people think we'll go straight back up and do a Norwich whereas I think we'll be more in the Coventry City scenario and struggle to get out of the league.

I am not sure Evans has the stomach for funding us in a serious way anymore either.

Sunderland
Portsmouth
Rotherham
Bolton
Charlton
Coventry
and the likes of Peterborough and Blackpool who are usually able to get out of that league too?

Oh and Doncaster are one that also yo-yos a bit.

Assuming we go down on 22:22 - Feb 19 with 5056 viewsLeagueOne

Assuming we go down on 22:17 - Feb 19 by MrTown

Anyone thinking dropping into L1 is going to be easy needs to start adjusting to reality now, it’s a tough old league, certainly developed in ability in the last 5-10 years. And there’s a few more teams who prefer a more physical approach.

Look at this way we've already lost to Rotherham and drew with Bolton this season, cup wise we've lost to Accrington and Exeter (who are mid-table in the 4th division). We've even lost to Braintree this season.

Without decent additions in the summer we'll have a hard time thats without the club selling/releasing some of the remaining Championship quality players which will inevitably happen.

Evans has set us up for a disaster.

Assuming we go down on 22:50 - Feb 19 with 4999 viewsMrTown

Sunderland
Portsmouth
Rotherham
Bolton
Charlton
Coventry

Financial constraints of football have just eaten him up. It’s become such a difficult task now. The academy is his vision to make us competitive again I think, I think he sees it as the only financial way we can get championship quality at Town, by getting them at a young age.

Assuming we go down on 22:55 - Feb 19 with 4983 viewsChampionship

Are we going to start pissing ourselves over the likes of Portsmouth? Decent side but come on. We should be aiming to be one of the top sides in the division not worrying about these kind of teams.
Assuming we go down on 22:55 - Feb 19 with 4980 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I believe we will come straight back up.. In fact I am pretty sure of it

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Assuming we go down on 22:58 - Feb 19 with 4968 viewsMrTown

Assuming we go down on 22:55 - Feb 19 by Championship

Are we going to start pissing ourselves over the likes of Portsmouth? Decent side but come on. We should be aiming to be one of the top sides in the division not worrying about these kind of teams.

Oh no, I certainly think we should be setting up offensively every single game in L1, with the opposition concerning themselves about us, however we also should be going into games think this easy, 75% effort and we’ll be over the lien.

110% effort and our ability should see us come back up sooner rather than later.

Login to get fewer ads

Assuming we go down on 23:38 - Feb 19 with 4884 viewsGarv

Don't remind me that we released Brett Pitman on a free because we didn't know how to use him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Assuming we go down on 00:02 - Feb 20 with 4843 viewsStNeotsBlue

I think we will go down but I don't get why you're worried about potentially playing Portsmouth and Sunderland. If we are it is because they aren't as good as Luton and presumably Barnsley.

League One won't be easy but I think we'll be challenging the Play Offs at least.

I'm well aware this is a pretty low bar of ambition for our great club.
Assuming we go down on 02:11 - Feb 20 with 4706 viewsIllinoisblue

christ, wouldn't want be in the trenches with you lot. Trembling like big blouses at Division 3 ffs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Assuming we go down on 06:16 - Feb 20 with 4607 viewsFtnfwest

Sunderland weren’t the other day v Accrington. Stanley outplayed them most of the game
Assuming we go down on 06:36 - Feb 20 with 4586 viewsBenters2

Assuming we go down on 02:11 - Feb 20 by Illinoisblue

christ, wouldn't want be in the trenches with you lot. Trembling like big blouses at Division 3 ffs.

We will win Division 3 next season.

End of.
Assuming we go down on 06:46 - Feb 20 with 4564 viewsBlueBadger

Trouble is, I'm not convinced that we're better than Accrington and Peterborough.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Assuming we go down on 07:09 - Feb 20 with 4518 viewsblueconscience

Assuming we go down on 22:50 - Feb 19 by MrTown

Financial constraints of football have just eaten him up. It’s become such a difficult task now. The academy is his vision to make us competitive again I think, I think he sees it as the only financial way we can get championship quality at Town, by getting them at a young age.

But any decent potential from the academy is then poached my one of the Premier League bigboys before they get a chance here.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Assuming we go down on 07:54 - Feb 20 with 4405 viewschristiand

To be fair, I don't think I have read one post with someone saying we are going to breeze through League One next season.

Well apart from Benters!!!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 7:56]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Assuming we go down on 09:22 - Feb 20 with 4258 viewsMullysplace1

Assuming we go down on 22:17 - Feb 19 by MrTown

Well said. I watch a lot of L1 and L2 football and as lve said before, there are some right big hairy @rsed thugs playing down there. I think our youngsters could get kicked off the park most games. The like of Dozzell is way too weak for that league.
Assuming we go down on 09:42 - Feb 20 with 4206 viewsHerbivore

We'll be top 6 in League 1. Sunderland and Barnsley are both comfortably top 6 and one or both of them will be coming straight back up. Last season all three relegated sides bounced straight back. League 1 is not the monumental task one of our resident budgies would have you believe. We should be aiming to bounce straight back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Assuming we go down on 09:53 - Feb 20 with 4170 viewsOsborneOneNil

Assuming we go down on 09:42 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

We'll be top 6 in League 1. Sunderland and Barnsley are both comfortably top 6 and one or both of them will be coming straight back up. Last season all three relegated sides bounced straight back. League 1 is not the monumental task one of our resident budgies would have you believe. We should be aiming to bounce straight back.

Well said.
Assuming we go down on 10:04 - Feb 20 with 4144 viewsjudespiveyg

Anything lower than a top six place is unacceptable if we're in League One.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Assuming we go down on 10:05 - Feb 20 with 4149 viewsitfcjoe

No one is saying it will be easy, but we will have a top 6 budget in that league and finishing outside the play offs will be a poor season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Assuming we go down on 10:10 - Feb 20 with 4124 viewsHarry_Palmer

Sunderland
Portsmouth
Rotherham
Bolton
Charlton
Coventry

With respect if you are quaking in your boots about those teams as opposition then you really need to have a word with yourself.

As always it will come down to how well we recruit, which is absolutely key. We will have a good base of young players, if we add the right senior players around that, then I am confident we will be in or around the top six no problem.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 10:37]
Assuming we go down on 11:02 - Feb 20 with 4017 viewsLeagueOne

Assuming we go down on 09:42 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Loving the downvotes as usual from you, and no, I am not a Budgie but I am not convinced you have seen many games this season based on how you talk about the team.

Your wrong about everything usually so if you say top 6 we'll be closer to the bottom. I know your bitter about being wrong about Ipswich 99.9% of the time, but come on, there's no way we're bouncing straight back up.

Come join us on planet earth instead of living in tubby land. You might get something right for once.

Assuming we go down on 11:03 - Feb 20 with 4011 viewsHerbivore

Assuming we go down on 11:02 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

Loving the downvotes as usual from you, and no, I am not a Budgie but I am not convinced you have seen many games this season based on how you talk about the team.

Your wrong about everything usually so if you say top 6 we'll be closer to the bottom. I know your bitter about being wrong about Ipswich 99.9% of the time, but come on, there's no way we're bouncing straight back up.

Come join us on planet earth instead of living in tubby land. You might get something right for once.

Lolz. I'm a season ticket holder. Jog on my feathered friend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Assuming we go down on 11:10 - Feb 20 with 4000 viewsLeagueOne

Assuming we go down on 11:03 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Lolz. I'm a season ticket holder. Jog on my feathered friend.

Lolz, are you also 9?

I am not a Budgie but I call bs on the ST thing, unless you watch every game ratted out of your skull or have some sort of disconnect with reality I have no idea how you reach your conclusions. You are massively deluded and have an ego about your delusions to boot. You just shout people down who don't agree with your delusional, Lego movie everything is awesome mentality.

You are always wrong, and you're bitter about it - you can't handle it so because of your ego you name call instead. Maybe you just don't understand football?

Come join us on earth. You won't need to be so bitter then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024