Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 becomes 8 22:20 - Feb 19 with 18536 viewsBluefish

How many do they need before they launch the party?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

7 becomes 8 on 08:59 - Feb 20 with 1807 viewssparks

7 becomes 8 on 08:58 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Out of interest have you watched that documentary, I have not but fully intend to. I have no doubt that there is mud at both ends of this debate but yet some only want to see it at one end.

This is just whatabouttery...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

7 becomes 8 on 09:03 - Feb 20 with 1792 viewschicoazul

The more leave to join this new group, the louder calls will grow for by-elections, and rightly so. Many activists and the party machine helped get these people to the positions they are in so, if they are so determined about "a new type of politics" they ought to put that to the test and see what their voters think. After all that seems to be what most of them want to do with a 2nd referendum on Brexit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

7 becomes 8 on 09:13 - Feb 20 with 1756 viewsSteve_M

7 becomes 8 on 09:03 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

The more leave to join this new group, the louder calls will grow for by-elections, and rightly so. Many activists and the party machine helped get these people to the positions they are in so, if they are so determined about "a new type of politics" they ought to put that to the test and see what their voters think. After all that seems to be what most of them want to do with a 2nd referendum on Brexit.

As with Trump, there is of course a tweet:

Yes, they probably should step down and stand again for their seats but that hasn't been necessary in the past so, at this particularly febrile time for British politics, I also don't see why they should mark a new departure.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

7 becomes 8 on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 1744 viewssparks

7 becomes 8 on 09:13 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

Yes, they probably should step down and stand again for their seats but that hasn't been necessary in the past so, at this particularly febrile time for British politics, I also don't see why they should mark a new departure.

Why didnt they suggest a rule change when they swapped PM to Brown? Very similar principle...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

7 becomes 8 on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 1743 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 08:58 - Feb 20 by StokieBlue

Didn't you say yesterday that being caught on camera talking about faking evidence wasn't actually evidence and could be dismissed?

sparks post hits the nail on the head I'm afraid. You know you've crossed the line when you have reasonable posters calling you out across various threads.

SB
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 9:01]

The difference is Joan Ryan was caught on camera actually fabricating something.

Bastani said "yep" as a verbal cue in response to a rhetorical question about how it would be wrong to fabricate something.

Incomparable. Who defines who is a reasonable poster? Are you one?

No, not at the moment

7 becomes 8 on 09:17 - Feb 20 with 1734 viewsBluefish

7 becomes 8 on 09:15 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

The difference is Joan Ryan was caught on camera actually fabricating something.

Bastani said "yep" as a verbal cue in response to a rhetorical question about how it would be wrong to fabricate something.

I can clear this up. As the longest standing and best poster on the board I have the job of defining reasonable posters, you are not one I'm afraid.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

7 becomes 8 on 09:26 - Feb 20 with 1709 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

7 becomes 8 on 08:59 - Feb 20 by sparks

This is just whatabouttery...

Funnily enough I saw it more as a question and a comment on political 'reality.'
Here's another....why would any political group want to portray itself as 'friends' with the current Israeli political mob. I note that Benn and others left when that
Israeli regime went on a killing spree in Lebanon.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

7 becomes 8 on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 1716 viewsStokieBlue

7 becomes 8 on 09:15 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

There really isn't much difference except you like one and don't like the other and that it serves your purposes to portray the incidents differently.

Maybe if you read the board rather than posting whatever the fact sheet from central office is that day you'd notice when the respected members of the board start taking issue with your posts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

7 becomes 8 on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 1716 viewsSteve_M

7 becomes 8 on 08:57 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

Just finished reading the excellent book 'Hired' by James Bloodworth, where he looks at the low wage work and gig economy by working in a few jobs for a year or so. His epilogue ends excellently with this:

"The labour movement has itself sowed some of the seeds of this problem by traditionally sidelining groups beyond the stereotypical working man. But nowadays more of us are middle class, and middle-class self-interest has also found its way into progressive politics. There was always a section of the left that viewed the working class in purely instrumental terms. They were a weapon to be wielded against the bourgeoisie rather than human beings who required liberation. These types of activists were motivated more by a detestation of others than by any real sympathy with the poor. Nowadays, they are less likely to be seen on a picket line than at a demonstration outside the Israeli Embassy. The deserving poor are over there — in Cuba, in Palestine, or in another exotic-seeming land. Thus there is much less interest in class politics, and this left sits amicably alongside a middle-class liberalism that does as liberalism does — trembles with a slight terror at the prospect of genuine equality between the classes."

Hired is excellent. I've said so before but anyone who cares about social justice should read it whatever their politics.

Nick Cohen's What's Left? is also very good on that theme, the failure of the modern less. It certainly explains the utter mess Labour are in now when they are even less credible than the worst government in living memory.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 9:48]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

7 becomes 8 on 09:32 - Feb 20 with 1700 viewschicoazul

7 becomes 8 on 09:13 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

Most radical thing about this is how Corbyn used to tweet using some sort of yoof/L33T speak.
And he is of course right *but* dont many many people vote tribally? Of course they do, you could put a chimp in a suit where I live and the Tories would vote them in.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

7 becomes 8 on 09:35 - Feb 20 with 1684 viewsfooters

7 becomes 8 on 09:32 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Most radical thing about this is how Corbyn used to tweet using some sort of yoof/L33T speak.
And he is of course right *but* dont many many people vote tribally? Of course they do, you could put a chimp in a suit where I live and the Tories would vote them in.

Didn't know you lived in Epsom.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

7 becomes 8 on 09:38 - Feb 20 with 1670 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 08:01 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

Is there any other sort of racism where you would happily and consistently ignore the voice of the victims? I thought you were better than this.

Labour supporters churning out anti-semitic tropes have been all over every aspect of social media for years, it's a major problem that Corbyn has very little interest in addressing. Even when he has called it out and asked his supporters to desist he has been ignored. And yet you continue to insist it's all made up.

It's in the video, Steve. Joan Ryan literally invents an incident of antisemitism and embellishes it before our eyes.

And I have never said that it's "all made up" so don't put words in my mouth. Antisemitism does exist and incidents of antisemitism have taken place. But here we see a key person, the Chairwoman of Labour Friends of Israel showing how eager she is to weaponise antisemitism. A little too eager in this case to the point that she imagines it, even coming out with her own trope about Jews controlling banking.

And on a side note, shows how being pro-Palestinian can be turned into antisemite in minutes.

And on a wider note, why won't/can't anyone address the Lobby evidence? It's like you're living in another world.

Pronouns: He/Him

7 becomes 8 on 09:38 - Feb 20 with 1671 viewsGlasgowBlue

7 becomes 8 on 09:32 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Blair used to do something similar when he used to talk about the “schools ‘n the ‘ospitals”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

7 becomes 8 on 09:38 - Feb 20 with 1669 viewssparks

7 becomes 8 on 09:26 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Funnily enough I saw it more as a question and a comment on political 'reality.'
Here's another....why would any political group want to portray itself as 'friends' with the current Israeli political mob. I note that Benn and others left when that
Israeli regime went on a killing spree in Lebanon.

More whatabouttery!

7 becomes 8 on 09:40 - Feb 20 with 1658 viewschicoazul

7 becomes 8 on 09:35 - Feb 20 by footers

Didn't know you lived in Epsom.

Ha! Witham.

7 becomes 8 on 09:40 - Feb 20 with 1653 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 09:27 - Feb 20 by StokieBlue

There really isn't much difference except you like one and don't like the other and that it serves your purposes to portray the incidents differently.

Maybe if you read the board rather than posting whatever the fact sheet from central office is that day you'd notice when the respected members of the board start taking issue with your posts.

SB

Utterly disingenuous, Stokie.

There's no comparison and you *should* know it. But like others you can't bring yourself to address the evidence here.

Pronouns: He/Him

7 becomes 8 on 09:40 - Feb 20 with 1656 viewsSwansea_Blue

7 becomes 8 on 22:56 - Feb 19 by gtsb

I actually find a Conservative v Labour debate is so pathetic at the moment. This country desperately needs leadership yet we find ourselves with the worst Tory and Labour parties in history with Labour being the worst if that's possible and at the worst possible moment. It's a disgrace.

On the other hand, watching Labour tear itself apart is fascinating

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

7 becomes 8 on 09:40 - Feb 20 with 1651 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 09:27 - Feb 20 by StokieBlue

SB

If you can't see the difference between being caught in the act of fabricating something and somebody agreeing with the premise of a rhetorical question on how it would be wrong to fabricate, then I would suggest your view is tinted by your dislike for one side.

To be a respected member of the board does it require you to make tired jokes about a left wing centralised conspiracy? If so, +1 respect for your efforts today sir. Keep it up and one day you will catch Glassers and Lowhouse.

No, not at the moment

7 becomes 8 on 09:43 - Feb 20 with 1632 viewspickles110564

7 becomes 8 on 22:41 - Feb 19 by ZedRodgers

Joan Ryan has fuelled more antisemitism in the Labour Party than any other MP in recent times.

Good riddance.

Very poor attempt at spin, how can you support what is going on in your party at the moment?
7 becomes 8 on 09:46 - Feb 20 with 1609 viewscaught-in-limbo

7 becomes 8 on 22:56 - Feb 19 by gtsb

I actually find a Conservative v Labour debate is so pathetic at the moment. This country desperately needs leadership yet we find ourselves with the worst Tory and Labour parties in history with Labour being the worst if that's possible and at the worst possible moment. It's a disgrace.

It's by design. But very few want to acknowledge the fact.

#EnjoyTheShow

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

7 becomes 8 on 09:47 - Feb 20 with 1605 viewsStokieBlue

7 becomes 8 on 09:40 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Utterly disingenuous, Stokie.

There's no comparison and you *should* know it. But like others you can't bring yourself to address the evidence here.

There is of course a comparison.

Both are wrong but he only sees one instance as wrong. I've not said his example isn't wrong.

It's hardly the usual suspects arguing against the torrent anymore, it's gone too far and plenty are weighing in.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

7 becomes 8 on 09:49 - Feb 20 with 1589 viewspickles110564

7 becomes 8 on 09:03 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Does not matter how loud the voices get, they will not call by elections because they know they will split the vote and could even let the Tories in.
7 becomes 8 on 09:49 - Feb 20 with 1586 viewsitfcjoe

7 becomes 8 on 09:43 - Feb 20 by pickles110564

Very poor attempt at spin, how can you support what is going on in your party at the moment?

Because the Hard Left don't care about getting into power, just having everyone within their party - no matter how small and pointless it becomes - agreeing with each other about how right on they are.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

7 becomes 8 on 09:49 - Feb 20 with 1575 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

7 becomes 8 on 09:38 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

It's in the video, Steve. Joan Ryan literally invents an incident of antisemitism and embellishes it before our eyes.

And I have never said that it's "all made up" so don't put words in my mouth. Antisemitism does exist and incidents of antisemitism have taken place. But here we see a key person, the Chairwoman of Labour Friends of Israel showing how eager she is to weaponise antisemitism. A little too eager in this case to the point that she imagines it, even coming out with her own trope about Jews controlling banking.

And on a side note, shows how being pro-Palestinian can be turned into antisemite in minutes.

And on a wider note, why won't/can't anyone address the Lobby evidence? It's like you're living in another world.

I think the nearest to a response so far has been......."But Al Jazeera......

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

7 becomes 8 on 09:50 - Feb 20 with 1575 viewssparks

7 becomes 8 on 09:46 - Feb 20 by caught-in-limbo

It's by design. But very few want to acknowledge the fact.

#EnjoyTheShow

Please explain what the design is, who designed it and the evidence upon which you base this assertion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024