Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 becomes 8 22:20 - Feb 19 with 18564 viewsBluefish

How many do they need before they launch the party?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

7 becomes 8 on 11:06 - Feb 20 with 2761 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 11:05 - Feb 20 by sparks

Argument ad populum is a clear logical fallacy...

Not if the accusation is that they're only interested in their own narrow view of the world and/or dogma.

Pronouns: He/Him

7 becomes 8 on 11:08 - Feb 20 with 2655 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

7 becomes 8 on 10:57 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Nationalisation of transport and power and wealth distribution gains control of the people. It is scary. I would love to see reform in the rail industry but Corbyn seems to want to turn us into China and anyone that disagrees will be silenced and ostracized

Yep when he gets in he's going to implement a football posts only decree!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

7 becomes 8 on 11:13 - Feb 20 with 2716 viewsEastTownBlue

They are now joined by Soubry, Allen and Wollaston.
7 becomes 8 on 11:14 - Feb 20 with 2712 viewsfooters

7 becomes 8 on 11:13 - Feb 20 by EastTownBlue

They are now joined by Soubry, Allen and Wollaston.

Wollaston is a very good egg. She'll be missed by the Tories.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

7 becomes 8 on 11:20 - Feb 20 with 2696 viewsBluefish

7 becomes 8 on 11:14 - Feb 20 by footers

Wollaston is a very good egg. She'll be missed by the Tories.

So are the other 2. Real people doing their best

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

7 becomes 8 on 11:33 - Feb 20 with 2671 viewsBluesquid

7 becomes 8 on 09:27 - Feb 20 by StokieBlue

There really isn't much difference except you like one and don't like the other and that it serves your purposes to portray the incidents differently.

Maybe if you read the board rather than posting whatever the fact sheet from central office is that day you'd notice when the respected members of the board start taking issue with your posts.

SB

Do you admit though that in that particular clip that Joan Ryan is wrong with her accusations of anti-semitism against the other woman?
7 becomes 8 on 11:43 - Feb 20 with 2638 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

7 becomes 8 on 09:59 - Feb 20 by pickles110564

Show some respect, you really are blinkered.
Where have you shown any for the magnificent 7 (8 now and how many more)?

Since the split was announced, of the 8 Labour MP’s that have broken away Zed has made the following digs:

- Mike Gapes described as the ‘MP for Riyadh’
- Highlighting that Gavin Shuker threatened to leave the party if they supported gay marriage and worked for a gay cure charity, then called him a ‘pathetic c*nt’
- Going in on Angela Smith after her TV gaffe and pushing the suggestion that she is actually racist
- Suggesting Joan Ryan has done more to fuel anti-semitism than any other recent MP

This after insisting on Tuesday that none of the defecting MP’s have been subject to attacks

Presumably Momentum central office will issue instructions for the other 4 in due course

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

7 becomes 8 on 11:48 - Feb 20 with 2620 viewsBeckets

7 becomes 8 on 11:43 - Feb 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Since the split was announced, of the 8 Labour MP’s that have broken away Zed has made the following digs:

- Highlighting that Gavin Shuker threatened to leave the party if they supported gay marriage and worked for a gay cure charity, then called him a ‘pathetic c*nt’
- Going in on Angela Smith after her TV gaffe and pushing the suggestion that she is actually racist
- Suggesting Joan Ryan has done more to fuel anti-semitism than any other recent MP

This after insisting on Tuesday that none of the defecting MP’s have been subject to attacks

Presumably Momentum central office will issue instructions for the other 4 in due course

As a conspiracy theory Zed could be in the employ of Phil and Gav to drive up clicks on the site.
Login to get fewer ads

7 becomes 8 on 12:25 - Feb 20 with 2587 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 11:33 - Feb 20 by Bluesquid

Do you admit though that in that particular clip that Joan Ryan is wrong with her accusations of anti-semitism against the other woman?

I'd love someone to actually address this point but unfortunately it seems that not addressing it is pretty key to the position people have built up over the last few months and years.

7 becomes 8 on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 2527 viewsBluesquid

7 becomes 8 on 12:25 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

I'd love someone to actually address this point but unfortunately it seems that not addressing it is pretty key to the position people have built up over the last few months and years.

Exactly, they simply cannot address it.

It's insane and it's only one way traffic with them i'm afraid.

So many times on this forum have i read various posters admit that yes, Labour has had a problem with anti-semitism but when it's the other side of the coin with fabricated claims of anti-semitism then the usual suspects run off with their tails between their legs and their heads firmly up their arses so they can avoid the uncomfortable viewing of a then Labour Mp and Chair of the LFI caught fabricating such claims.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:02]
7 becomes 8 on 14:11 - Feb 20 with 2498 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 13:57 - Feb 20 by Bluesquid

Exactly, they simply cannot address it.

It's insane and it's only one way traffic with them i'm afraid.

So many times on this forum have i read various posters admit that yes, Labour has had a problem with anti-semitism but when it's the other side of the coin with fabricated claims of anti-semitism then the usual suspects run off with their tails between their legs and their heads firmly up their arses so they can avoid the uncomfortable viewing of a then Labour Mp and Chair of the LFI caught fabricating such claims.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:02]

What's particularly annoying is being accused of saying that "antisemitism is all made up". When I've been consistent from the start that antisemitism is real but that it also can be made up and weaponised. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

And I've even been smeared as an antisemite for saying that. Joan Ryanism is a nasty disease that is apparently highly contagious.

7 becomes 8 on 14:17 - Feb 20 with 2468 viewsBluesquid

7 becomes 8 on 14:11 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

What's particularly annoying is being accused of saying that "antisemitism is all made up". When I've been consistent from the start that antisemitism is real but that it also can be made up and weaponised. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

And I've even been smeared as an antisemite for saying that. Joan Ryanism is a nasty disease that is apparently highly contagious.

I really don't get it, why can't they just admit it?

That, yes, some claims of anti-semitism have been fabricated.

Why can't they just admit what is revealed in the clip?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:30]
7 becomes 8 on 14:24 - Feb 20 with 2447 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 14:17 - Feb 20 by Bluesquid

I really don't get it, why can't they just admit it?

That, yes, some claims of anti-semitism have been fabricated.

Why can't they just admit what is revealed in the clip?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:30]

Because if you pull at that thread the whole fabric of the argument falls apart and becomes something more than the desire to eradicate antisemitism, which everyone should support.

7 becomes 8 on 14:31 - Feb 20 with 2434 viewsSteve_M

7 becomes 8 on 14:24 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Because if you pull at that thread the whole fabric of the argument falls apart and becomes something more than the desire to eradicate antisemitism, which everyone should support.

Or perhaps because, as I've now been told, it's an hour long video and I'm at work and not going to watch it here.

Whether that claim is spurious or not does not change the fact that Labour has a problem with anti-semitism which has been amply evidenced again this week. See Chris Williamson claiming it's all fabricated yet again.

Still, you two carry on patting each other on the back and keep demonstrating the virtue of my original point to you on this thread. You are desperately keen to downplay this.

Personally I would like to have mainstream political parties that didn't pander to the extremes and weren't lead by incompetents.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

7 becomes 8 on 14:39 - Feb 20 with 2421 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 14:31 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

Or perhaps because, as I've now been told, it's an hour long video and I'm at work and not going to watch it here.

Whether that claim is spurious or not does not change the fact that Labour has a problem with anti-semitism which has been amply evidenced again this week. See Chris Williamson claiming it's all fabricated yet again.

Still, you two carry on patting each other on the back and keep demonstrating the virtue of my original point to you on this thread. You are desperately keen to downplay this.

Personally I would like to have mainstream political parties that didn't pander to the extremes and weren't lead by incompetents.

Sorry, Steve. But none of that addresses what we're saying. And the last line seems to be what you're unwittingly (as you haven't seen the evidence up to now even though it's been around for months and months on here and elsewhere) propping up by taking accusations of institutional antisemitism as read.

We probably agree about what an awful political landscape this is but the extremes and the incompetence are everywhere. Avoiding responsibility, spreading the blame and getting accusations to stick whether they're true or not is apparently the new battleground.

Edit: and you can watch the Joan Ryan incident in ten minutes if you look at part 3 in this thread and go to 7 min 45 seconds in.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:42]

7 becomes 8 on 15:04 - Feb 20 with 2353 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 14:31 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

"Whether that claim is spurious or not does not change the fact that Labour has a problem with anti-semitism which has been amply evidenced again this week."

This is key, Steve.

You're right - It doesn't change the fact that there's a problem with antisemitism. It adds to it, unnecessarily.

No, not at the moment

The exact opposite surely (n/t) on 15:05 - Feb 20 with 2349 viewsDyland

7 becomes 8 on 10:00 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

This is all correct but you make the classic thinking person's mistake of thinking everyone else is also a thinking person.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

7 becomes 8 on 15:13 - Feb 20 with 2329 viewsSteve_M

7 becomes 8 on 14:39 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Sorry, Steve. But none of that addresses what we're saying. And the last line seems to be what you're unwittingly (as you haven't seen the evidence up to now even though it's been around for months and months on here and elsewhere) propping up by taking accusations of institutional antisemitism as read.

We probably agree about what an awful political landscape this is but the extremes and the incompetence are everywhere. Avoiding responsibility, spreading the blame and getting accusations to stick whether they're true or not is apparently the new battleground.

Edit: and you can watch the Joan Ryan incident in ten minutes if you look at part 3 in this thread and go to 7 min 45 seconds in.

But I'm not basing my claims about anti-semitiism on one source, rather on a whole flood of evidence over a number of years. It's clear to any who aren't determined to deny it.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 16:05]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

7 becomes 8 on 15:45 - Feb 20 with 2301 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 15:13 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

But I'm not basing my claims about anti-semitiism on one source, rather on a whole flood of evidence over a number of years. It's clear to any who aren't determined to deny it.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 16:05]

Neither am I.

But I am questioning why this is a witchhunt about antisemitism levels that we already knew existed but are now politically convenient to put at Corbyn's door. That's why the approach of Joan Ryan as a leading campaigner against Corbyn on this score needs to be considered when such damning evidence comes to light. Ditto the accusations of institutional antisemitism from Hodge, Mann, Berger and Smeeth amongst others that have been taken as read, despite not showing that when examined more closely.

I can't believe that people are so uncritical of this particular narrative when it's clear that the political class and media just can't be trusted to be objective in other areas, but especially where they think there's political capital to be made or when it comes to the open season on Corbyn for everything from exaggerations of his politics to insinuations that he's a terrorist, spy, puppy-murderer etc. Add in the dubious activity of the Israeli embassy and the powerful pro-Israel lobby and it's insane to take this particular narrative at face value.

And frankly I have to question the agenda of people who do take it at face value or who refuse to consider other evidence before arriving at their black and white conclusion.

7 becomes 8 on 15:47 - Feb 20 with 2294 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 14:39 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Thanks for keeping telling me you care, lowers. xxx

Personally, I'm looking forward to you addressing this at some stage because you'll make a pig's ear of it as per.

7 becomes 8 on 15:58 - Feb 20 with 2272 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 11:43 - Feb 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I have issues with all 8 of them. Issues that predate any mention of a breakaway.

Something they all have in common is an appalling record at local level. Some of their bad relationships with their CLP's pre-date Corbyn's leadership. Take Leslie for example. He's your typical 'never seen in his constituency' MP.

I have a few friends that live in his side of Nottingham and they seem to really resent him for ignoring evidence of abuse in a local children's home.

It seems you're suggesting that only digs at certain politicians are wrong.

No, not at the moment

7 becomes 8 on 16:05 - Feb 20 with 2246 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

7 becomes 8 on 15:58 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

I have issues with all 8 of them. Issues that predate any mention of a breakaway.

Something they all have in common is an appalling record at local level. Some of their bad relationships with their CLP's pre-date Corbyn's leadership. Take Leslie for example. He's your typical 'never seen in his constituency' MP.

I have a few friends that live in his side of Nottingham and they seem to really resent him for ignoring evidence of abuse in a local children's home.

It seems you're suggesting that only digs at certain politicians are wrong.

5 down, 3 to go

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

7 becomes 8 on 16:11 - Feb 20 with 2233 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 16:05 - Feb 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

5 down, 3 to go

Do you defend all MPs from criticism on here? Or just these 8?

It would seem that your definition of a personal dig is different to mine. I'm not commenting on their appearances or spouses.

No, not at the moment

7 becomes 8 on 16:12 - Feb 20 with 2231 viewslowhouseblue

7 becomes 8 on 15:45 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Neither am I.

But I am questioning why this is a witchhunt about antisemitism levels that we already knew existed but are now politically convenient to put at Corbyn's door. That's why the approach of Joan Ryan as a leading campaigner against Corbyn on this score needs to be considered when such damning evidence comes to light. Ditto the accusations of institutional antisemitism from Hodge, Mann, Berger and Smeeth amongst others that have been taken as read, despite not showing that when examined more closely.

I can't believe that people are so uncritical of this particular narrative when it's clear that the political class and media just can't be trusted to be objective in other areas, but especially where they think there's political capital to be made or when it comes to the open season on Corbyn for everything from exaggerations of his politics to insinuations that he's a terrorist, spy, puppy-murderer etc. Add in the dubious activity of the Israeli embassy and the powerful pro-Israel lobby and it's insane to take this particular narrative at face value.

And frankly I have to question the agenda of people who do take it at face value or who refuse to consider other evidence before arriving at their black and white conclusion.

i don't know why i'm bothering because you seem unable to grasp it.

anti-semitism in the labour party has snowballed since 2015 because of the people corbyn has attracted into the party. corbyn's politics are essentially those of a pro-palestinian clique. all he really cares about is a particular take on foreign policy in which the us, the uk, Israel and nato are evil imperialists and every one else is an oppressed hero. he has - particularly as chair of the 'stop the war coalition' - sided with every despot and dictactor going and he has excused and justified any challenge to the west. he has been close to and politically aligned to all sorts of anti-semites and conspiracy nutters because they share his world view on foreign affairs. he is close to those people, he excuses their quirks like holocaust denial or anti-semitism, and a lot of them have now followed him into the labour party. he has refused to take effective action against anti-semitism because it would put him in conflict with those who support him most and with whom he has his longest associations.

anti-semitism is therefore a problem in the party that corbyn's leadership has caused to multiply a 100 fold.

you share corbyn's world view on foreign affairs and therefore you, like corbyn, want to deny, dismiss and turn a blind eye to anti-semitism. you do it constantly and it has become you motif on here.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

7 becomes 8 on 16:20 - Feb 20 with 2207 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 16:12 - Feb 20 by lowhouseblue

i don't know why i'm bothering because you seem unable to grasp it.

anti-semitism in the labour party has snowballed since 2015 because of the people corbyn has attracted into the party. corbyn's politics are essentially those of a pro-palestinian clique. all he really cares about is a particular take on foreign policy in which the us, the uk, Israel and nato are evil imperialists and every one else is an oppressed hero. he has - particularly as chair of the 'stop the war coalition' - sided with every despot and dictactor going and he has excused and justified any challenge to the west. he has been close to and politically aligned to all sorts of anti-semites and conspiracy nutters because they share his world view on foreign affairs. he is close to those people, he excuses their quirks like holocaust denial or anti-semitism, and a lot of them have now followed him into the labour party. he has refused to take effective action against anti-semitism because it would put him in conflict with those who support him most and with whom he has his longest associations.

anti-semitism is therefore a problem in the party that corbyn's leadership has caused to multiply a 100 fold.

you share corbyn's world view on foreign affairs and therefore you, like corbyn, want to deny, dismiss and turn a blind eye to anti-semitism. you do it constantly and it has become you motif on here.

Has it snowballed? Or is antisemitism now being attached often clumsily to Corbyn with comments like "in Corbyn's name"? Is this just a continuation of pro-Palestinians automatically being called antisemites? Anyway, I've seen what you think about this before.

If you can spare the minutes to repeat yourself then you can spare the minutes to stop avoiding the point about Ryan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024