Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 becomes 8 22:20 - Feb 19 with 18568 viewsBluefish

How many do they need before they launch the party?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

7 becomes 8 on 22:59 - Feb 20 with 1234 viewsfooters

7 becomes 8 on 22:58 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Absolute terms or percentage terms with working out please.

Hamas stole his Caps Lock key, that's why he's so peeved.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

7 becomes 8 on 23:01 - Feb 20 with 1228 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 22:42 - Feb 20 by footers

If she wanted to see a two-state solution why isn't she campaigning for the recognition of Palestine as a state? Surely that is the first step? There of course cannot be one while one state is not a state...

Still waiting for this holier-than-thou group to disclose their funding, which of course they won't until they are forced to as a political party.

As the pro-Palestinian campaigner pointed out to Ryan, there can't be a two-state solution if you've stood idly by and watched the Palestinian territories be overrun by illegal settlements. That potential state and the conditions for it don't exist in any real sense.

The idea that she and the LFI, CFI or anyone else were working towards a two-party state rather than propping up a criminal government is laughable.

She had no answer but to shut down the conversation, which is why I think she created her own antisemitic incident.

Pronouns: He/Him

7 becomes 8 on 23:02 - Feb 20 with 1225 viewsBinner

7 becomes 8 on 22:45 - Feb 19 by gtsb

With all due respect can you not accept the Labour party in its current form is unelectable. Corbyn is unelectable. P.s...I've voted Labour most of my life so I'm not a Tory sympathiser

What happens when all the parties are unelectable?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

7 becomes 8 on 23:03 - Feb 20 with 1209 viewsGlasgowBlue

7 becomes 8 on 23:02 - Feb 20 by Binner

You get a hung Parliament.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

7 becomes 8 on 23:03 - Feb 20 with 1222 viewsfooters

Excuse me, but the Monster Raving Loony Party is still alive and well!

(Waits for some wag to call Labour the same.)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

7 becomes 8 on 23:03 - Feb 20 with 1220 viewsBinner

7 becomes 8 on 17:40 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Looks like somebody's beard has escaped.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

7 becomes 8 on 23:23 - Feb 20 with 1175 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://nota-uk.org http://www.votenone.org.uk/none_of_the_above.html#uknota

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

7 becomes 8 on 13:39 - Feb 21 with 1122 viewsDarth_Koont

7 becomes 8 on 17:40 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, I appreciate it's boring but discussions do get circular and boring when points of view and evidence are simply ignored.

For my part, I'm willing to address any evidence or try and answer any question you think I've dodged. So let's find some common ground where we're at least talking about the same thing.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

7 becomes 8 on 10:14 - Feb 22 with 1057 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 22:41 - Feb 19 by ZedRodgers

Joan Ryan has fuelled more antisemitism in the Labour Party than any other MP in recent times.

Good riddance.

Such a wrongun.

No, not at the moment

7 becomes 8 on 10:21 - Feb 22 with 1041 viewsStokieBlue

7 becomes 8 on 10:14 - Feb 22 by ZedRodgers

Such a wrongun.

Agree she shouldn't be doing that.

Technically Labour will have breached GDPR rules by allowing her access after she resigned, she should have been locked out but either way she shouldn't have done it and it's right that shes going to be investigated for it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

7 becomes 8 on 10:31 - Feb 22 with 1024 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 10:21 - Feb 22 by StokieBlue

Agree she shouldn't be doing that.

Technically Labour will have breached GDPR rules by allowing her access after she resigned, she should have been locked out but either way she shouldn't have done it and it's right that shes going to be investigated for it.

SB

Difficult without knowing what the timescale of it all was.

If it was a case of resigning, then accessing the database later on with Labour having plenty of time in-between to revoke access then then it could have been avoided and does raise GDPR questions as you say, but she would still be wrong to do so.

It seems more likely to me that she would have scraped the data she wanted to use, then sent out communications using it following her resignation.

Lefty McLeftFace seems trustworthy enough.

No, not at the moment

7 becomes 8 on 10:34 - Feb 22 with 1017 viewsStokieBlue

7 becomes 8 on 10:31 - Feb 22 by ZedRodgers

Difficult without knowing what the timescale of it all was.

If it was a case of resigning, then accessing the database later on with Labour having plenty of time in-between to revoke access then then it could have been avoided and does raise GDPR questions as you say, but she would still be wrong to do so.

It seems more likely to me that she would have scraped the data she wanted to use, then sent out communications using it following her resignation.

Lefty McLeftFace seems trustworthy enough.

Naughty as I said.

However that email just looks like she used her local constituent distribution list in order to email them and explain her resignation.

Why is that such an issue? Do Labour not want her constituents to know why she resigned?

I will re-iterate - technically it's a wrong thing to do and she should face questions about it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

7 becomes 8 on 10:45 - Feb 22 with 1005 viewsZedRodgers

7 becomes 8 on 10:34 - Feb 22 by StokieBlue

Naughty as I said.

However that email just looks like she used her local constituent distribution list in order to email them and explain her resignation.

Why is that such an issue? Do Labour not want her constituents to know why she resigned?

I will re-iterate - technically it's a wrong thing to do and she should face questions about it.

SB

I'm sure they will have been able to find out her reasons without her needing to use the Labour party data after leaving the party. There's a difference between contacting Labour members through an internal mail-merge system and just using a localised distribution list for general constituents.

Agree that it could come across as petty and bitter if a huge thing is made out of it, so I hope it's just investigated appropriately and any consequences are faced depending on the decision of the IC.

Glad we could come to an amicable agreement (sort of) after earlier.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024