Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum 09:51 - Feb 20 with 10062 viewsBluefish

And I find it very strange. Why have so many people become so overexcited about it all? Why is it taking up so much news time? In the general scheme of things it isn't really that important.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 17:57 - Feb 20 with 1440 viewssparks

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:13 - Feb 20 by Harry_Palmer

Oh look, it appears that the US and Canada both have their own Shamina Begum's hitting the headlines as well, what a remarkable coincidence.

Not that its all agenda driven nonsense trying to manipulate the minds of the unsuspecting public or anything....

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-trapped-in-syria-after-fall-of-isis-wants

https://nypost.com/2019/02/18/american-woman-who-joined-isis-admits-it-was-a-big

Could it be that the coincidence of timing has something to do with ISIS being on its last legs and floods of "refugees" formerly connected with ISIS are now looking for homes...

Nahhhh. It must be a media conspiracy.

FFS.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 17:57]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 18:50 - Feb 20 with 1395 viewsDanTheMan

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:42 - Feb 20 by Superfrans

So are 400 or so other ISIS fighters who have, apparently, been allowed to return to the UK in recent months.

The only difference with this girl is that she is in the public eye.

Saw this being posted about and thought it was relevant.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 18:58 - Feb 20 with 1387 viewsPecker

So you chose to fill it up with even more posts about her. Clever move that.
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 19:00 - Feb 20 with 1380 viewsPecker

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 10:47 - Feb 20 by 26_Paz

No, because the person who stabbed Jo Cox is not my 'mate'. I haven't deserted my family and left my country to go and join him in his crusade against my own. I think he's a complete moron and a murderer. This individual has tried to justify what IS did in Manchester. I think what Jo Cox's killer did is despicable. That's quite an important difference.

And it was also a very stupid thing to throw at you.
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 07:03 - Feb 21 with 1313 viewsHarry_Palmer

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 17:57 - Feb 20 by sparks

Could it be that the coincidence of timing has something to do with ISIS being on its last legs and floods of "refugees" formerly connected with ISIS are now looking for homes...

Nahhhh. It must be a media conspiracy.

FFS.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 17:57]

Well done for missing the point completely....
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 08:35 - Feb 21 with 1280 viewssparks

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 07:03 - Feb 21 by Harry_Palmer

Well done for missing the point completely....

Nope- it precisely addresses the point to which it was a reply.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 08:44 - Feb 21 with 1278 viewsBackToRussia

Skimmed this thread but presume everyone has seen that Bangladesh have openly contradicted the claim she has dual citizenship, meaning it's illegal for the British government to do this. I also read the government is trying to appeal two identical cases it lost recently. Seems we like to chuck people out illegally and who belong here these days.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:17 - Feb 21 with 1258 viewseireblue

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 08:44 - Feb 21 by BackToRussia

Skimmed this thread but presume everyone has seen that Bangladesh have openly contradicted the claim she has dual citizenship, meaning it's illegal for the British government to do this. I also read the government is trying to appeal two identical cases it lost recently. Seems we like to chuck people out illegally and who belong here these days.

These days, if you say you're British.....
Login to get fewer ads

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:29 - Feb 21 with 1252 viewsGlasgowBlue

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 08:44 - Feb 21 by BackToRussia

It’s a slippery slope and sends out a message to second generation immigrants that they are second class citizens. So even if your born in this country you may have your citizenship revoked if one if your parents was not born in the U.K.

And this has nothing to do with having sympathy for IS or the choices this individual made. It’s about a government attempting to strip away citizenship from a British born subject. You do it once and you can do it again. And that sort of power in the wrong hands can have terrible consequences for minority groups in this country.

It’s also a fantastic piece of recruitment for the jihadists looking to radicalise young disillusioned Muslims. They can say “look. If they can take your citizenship away then they never considered you to be part of this country in the first place”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 1247 viewsMullysplace1

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 10:00 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

I'm with you on this. Bring her back to the UK, detain, investigate and, if necessary, prosecute.

Not if necessary. She should be prosecuted.
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:39 - Feb 21 with 1231 viewslowhouseblue

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:29 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

It’s a slippery slope and sends out a message to second generation immigrants that they are second class citizens. So even if your born in this country you may have your citizenship revoked if one if your parents was not born in the U.K.

And this has nothing to do with having sympathy for IS or the choices this individual made. It’s about a government attempting to strip away citizenship from a British born subject. You do it once and you can do it again. And that sort of power in the wrong hands can have terrible consequences for minority groups in this country.

It’s also a fantastic piece of recruitment for the jihadists looking to radicalise young disillusioned Muslims. They can say “look. If they can take your citizenship away then they never considered you to be part of this country in the first place”.

it's an occasion when our courts are very important and we rely on them pull up a government which is chasing news headlines. i do fear however that the government's aim is for the courts to take the blame for a correct but unpopular decision, and that the government will encourage the press who then attack the courts.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:58 - Feb 21 with 1218 viewsBackToRussia

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:39 - Feb 21 by lowhouseblue

it's an occasion when our courts are very important and we rely on them pull up a government which is chasing news headlines. i do fear however that the government's aim is for the courts to take the blame for a correct but unpopular decision, and that the government will encourage the press who then attack the courts.

Appealing the decision made on two identical cases (and the fact that it has taken public exposure to stop the Windrush deportations) rather looks like there's a concerted effort to remove people like this, to appeal to the worst populist sentiments, but also just because those in the Home Office believe it's right - not sure which is scarier.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:59 - Feb 21 with 1215 viewsBackToRussia

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:29 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

It's a bit more than a slippery slope. This, combined with other deportations the government has been attempting constantly (this is happening now), is a huge worry. The case of the Stansted 15 should terrify any right thinking person.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024