Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum 09:51 - Feb 20 with 10056 viewsBluefish

And I find it very strange. Why have so many people become so overexcited about it all? Why is it taking up so much news time? In the general scheme of things it isn't really that important.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:13 - Feb 20 with 3198 viewsHarry_Palmer

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 10:34 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Much like over Christmas there was a rolling news stream about migrant boats. It was completely unnewsworthy and small scale but they were doing live updates and progress tracking

Oh look, it appears that the US and Canada both have their own Shamina Begum's hitting the headlines as well, what a remarkable coincidence.

Not that its all agenda driven nonsense trying to manipulate the minds of the unsuspecting public or anything....

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-trapped-in-syria-after-fall-of-isis-wants

https://nypost.com/2019/02/18/american-woman-who-joined-isis-admits-it-was-a-big
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:13 - Feb 20 with 3195 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:08 - Feb 20 by crunchie1978

No it's just that 'normal rational' people would prefer NOT to get run over by a truck or stabbed in the neck whilst trying to enjoy a civilized meal.

To my knowledge she has never run over anyone or stabbed them in the neck. What on earth are you talking about?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:14 - Feb 20 with 3188 views26_Paz

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:13 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

To my knowledge she has never run over anyone or stabbed them in the neck. What on earth are you talking about?

The group she is an unapologetic member of has ...

The Paz Man

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:15 - Feb 20 with 3187 viewsfooters

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:13 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Crunchie's political musings just go over our heads I guess! Maybe it's because we didn't take the Telling It Like It Is course at the University of Life?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:16 - Feb 20 with 3185 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:14 - Feb 20 by 26_Paz

The group she is an unapologetic member of has ...

Again do we throw out all far right supporters if they kill someone? Must be able to connect them all via supporting UKIP or the EDL we can kick everyone out that has ever voted or support either if one of their members stabs someone.

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:17 - Feb 20 with 3177 viewsKieran_Knows

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:57 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

I believe the right thing to do would have been to bring her back her to answer for her crimes if indeed she is alleged to have committed any.

Chic, just to counter act this again (my apologies - and again, in no way am I trying to stir anything here, or to cause argument), are we suggesting that, should she be found innocent of any wrongdoing, that it's still okay to flee the country and live under ISIS law for the last 4 years?

A lot of grey areas in this for me, and I'm quite interested as to how it all pans out.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:17 - Feb 20 with 3177 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:13 - Feb 20 by Harry_Palmer

Oh look, it appears that the US and Canada both have their own Shamina Begum's hitting the headlines as well, what a remarkable coincidence.

Not that its all agenda driven nonsense trying to manipulate the minds of the unsuspecting public or anything....

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-trapped-in-syria-after-fall-of-isis-wants

https://nypost.com/2019/02/18/american-woman-who-joined-isis-admits-it-was-a-big

A coincidence? Well depends how you look at it. The fighters have surrendered so there are lots of them to send home, does that count as coincidence or just natural course of events?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:21 - Feb 20 with 3158 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:17 - Feb 20 by Kieran_Knows

Chic, just to counter act this again (my apologies - and again, in no way am I trying to stir anything here, or to cause argument), are we suggesting that, should she be found innocent of any wrongdoing, that it's still okay to flee the country and live under ISIS law for the last 4 years?

A lot of grey areas in this for me, and I'm quite interested as to how it all pans out.

Can those 2 things go together? She is either guilty of supporting a terrorist group or she isn't. If she is found innocent then she should be free

Login to get fewer ads

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 3133 views26_Paz

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:21 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Can those 2 things go together? She is either guilty of supporting a terrorist group or she isn't. If she is found innocent then she should be free

How could she possibly be found innocent of supporting a terrorist group. SHE LEFT THIS COUNTRY AND JOINED ISIS

The Paz Man

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:28 - Feb 20 with 3113 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:24 - Feb 20 by 26_Paz

How could she possibly be found innocent of supporting a terrorist group. SHE LEFT THIS COUNTRY AND JOINED ISIS

That is for the trial to decide. Best to ask Tommy why we wait for the outcome of trials and don't predetermined them. Maybe she has just been on a long holiday in Turkey?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:29 - Feb 20 with 3112 viewsclive_baker

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 11:30 - Feb 20 by Reuser_is_God

Gammon.

Or something like that.

Seems we fit into a strange category of both massive racist gammon's and also snowflakes for not wanting to sit on a bus next to a girl that wants to lop my head off or blow my kid up at a concert.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:31 - Feb 20 with 3090 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:29 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

Seems we fit into a strange category of both massive racist gammon's and also snowflakes for not wanting to sit on a bus next to a girl that wants to lop my head off or blow my kid up at a concert.

Again she hasn't done either of those things and if she is found guilty of supporting those acts then she will go to jail. Do you take bus trips regularly around jails?

I also don't want to sit on a bus next to people that spread racial hatred in this country but we aren't kicking them out or the people that might support them.

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:32 - Feb 20 with 3086 viewsjeera

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:29 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

Not in my mind.

To me the problem is the "fecm 'em" approach just means someone else to have to face that instead, whilst we hide from our responsibility.

Saying "feck 'em" doesn't make them disappear. They will still exist.

I feel all detainees should face the law of their respective countries and any due consequences.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:41 - Feb 20 with 3049 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems Javid already had the answers to this. More fuel for the 'distraction / playing to the baying masses' theory.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:42 - Feb 20 with 3040 views26_Paz

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:28 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

That is for the trial to decide. Best to ask Tommy why we wait for the outcome of trials and don't predetermined them. Maybe she has just been on a long holiday in Turkey?

Seriously, are you on drugs? She is married to an ISIS fighter and has 3 kids by him. She openly talks about seeing severed heads in bins. That doesn't happen in Turkey, mate.

The Paz Man

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:42 - Feb 20 with 3043 viewsSuperfrans

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 09:57 - Feb 20 by Reuser_is_God

Because she’s ISIS scum & should be treated with disdain?

So are 400 or so other ISIS fighters who have, apparently, been allowed to return to the UK in recent months.

The only difference with this girl is that she is in the public eye.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:44 - Feb 20 with 3020 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:42 - Feb 20 by 26_Paz

Seriously, are you on drugs? She is married to an ISIS fighter and has 3 kids by him. She openly talks about seeing severed heads in bins. That doesn't happen in Turkey, mate.

Kids have vivid imaginations sometimes. Probably best to leave it to a court, I'm sure they will sort it

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 3019 viewscrunchie1978

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:15 - Feb 20 by footers

Crunchie's political musings just go over our heads I guess! Maybe it's because we didn't take the Telling It Like It Is course at the University of Life?

Actually there is one way I'd be fine with her returning....
A straight swap for Anna soubry!
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 3017 views26_Paz

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:44 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Kids have vivid imaginations sometimes. Probably best to leave it to a court, I'm sure they will sort it

They wont because, thankfully, she isn't coming back!

The Paz Man

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:47 - Feb 20 with 3009 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:45 - Feb 20 by 26_Paz

They wont because, thankfully, she isn't coming back!

She will be coming back

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 2985 viewsearlsgreenblue

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:28 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

By her own admission thats where she has been, a trial?, more wasted tax payers money, whatever the outcome & political / legal meanderings, she joined ISIS of her own free will, how did she fund the trip is a far more sensible question that needs answering? As for her father & his persuasions, look into that for some more answers.
My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 14:06 - Feb 20 with 2971 viewsBluefish

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 13:58 - Feb 20 by earlsgreenblue

By her own admission thats where she has been, a trial?, more wasted tax payers money, whatever the outcome & political / legal meanderings, she joined ISIS of her own free will, how did she fund the trip is a far more sensible question that needs answering? As for her father & his persuasions, look into that for some more answers.

We tend to put things to trial in this country opposed to trusting the recording of some audio by a foreign journalist. Strange that Tommy's lot have been banging on about not trust media audio for the past week or so and now we want to send people to jail based on it.

This doesn't mean anyone expects her to be innocent in case you are unsure. We just think a court should decide

Life is complex isn't it? on 15:56 - Feb 20 with 2933 viewsPendejo

Not just black & white but many shades of grey; way more than 50.

She went in search of an ideal, a pure Islamic Caliphate, and found something else. She has stated she was disappointed by corruption. [She told The Times: “The caliphate is over. There was so much oppression and corruption that I don't think they deserved victory.] Was she a front line combatant? Has she committed any crimes?

What worries me was her saying she wasn't fazed by seeing beheading.
["But when I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn't faze me at all. It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam. I thought only of what he would have done to a Muslim woman if he had the chance."]

So it's ok to behead enemies of Islam?
Define enemies of Islam?
Am I one because I profess no religion? Also, much of what has gone on with SIS has been sectarian, so enemies of "my" brand of Islam.

Regardless of what rights she has to other nationalities she should be brought back to the UK, if only to show that the British way is tolerance, understanding and forgiveness.

How many young girls with babies are there in camps across the Middle East and Africa [let alone the rest of the world] who didn't get the start to life this girl had and would be far more "deserving" of British support?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 16:47 - Feb 20 with 2904 viewsBlueBadger

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 10:57 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

I'm annoyed it's had so much air time at all. There shouldn't even be a debate over it, she gave up any rights to British residency when she decided to join ISIS and fight against everything this country stands for. F*** her I say. Next...

She 'decided' when she was 15. When she was a child. I'm guessing that there was a year or two's worth of grooming going on there as well. She SHOULD face trial for any illegal actions committed, submit to appropriate sentencing and undergo a thorough debrief so that counter-terrorism services can work better to prevent further children being groomed by extremist groups.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 17:51 - Feb 20 with 2881 viewslowhouseblue

My timeline is full of posts about Shamina Begum on 16:47 - Feb 20 by BlueBadger

She 'decided' when she was 15. When she was a child. I'm guessing that there was a year or two's worth of grooming going on there as well. She SHOULD face trial for any illegal actions committed, submit to appropriate sentencing and undergo a thorough debrief so that counter-terrorism services can work better to prevent further children being groomed by extremist groups.

and the welfare of her child should be the primary concern.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024