Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery 10:23 - Feb 20 with 4571 viewschicoazul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47299179

You have to wonder don't you. Would you buy ITFC..? Make Marcus a cash offer of I dunno £20m? Install your own band of merry men and women in there to run it for you?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:27 - Feb 20 with 4543 viewssparks

He has no reason to take £20m.

As is often said- the best way to make a small fortune from a club is to start with a big one. Even £150m could disappear with alarming speed.

A point that ocurred to me on ME's investment btw, is that no one ever factors in his company's sponsorship of the club- which is extra cash not accounted for in the figures we endlessly talk about.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:39 - Feb 20 with 4483 viewsGuthrum

Probably wouldn't do it (prefer to set up a philanthropic grantmaking trust). But if I was tempted, might be more inclined to offer to buy a stake in the club rather than the whole lot. Would cost less and leave more for investment going forwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:41 - Feb 20 with 4462 viewsPrideOfTheEast

You'd soon lose the £150m.
Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:46 - Feb 20 with 4430 viewsGuthrum

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:41 - Feb 20 by PrideOfTheEast

You'd soon lose the £150m.

It'd probably take the best part of a decade. By then we could be in the Prem (or the Conference).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:48 - Feb 20 with 4419 viewssparks

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:46 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

It'd probably take the best part of a decade. By then we could be in the Prem (or the Conference).

Perhaps. Say £40m to buy the club? £10m a year to cover the shortfall- then some extra for transfer fees? Could go very quickly I fear.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 11:05 - Feb 20 with 4359 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If i wanted to lose money, sure. Football is a black hole for money as most of us know.

I'd definitely invest in something better.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 11:14 - Feb 20 with 4328 viewschicoazul

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 10:48 - Feb 20 by sparks

Perhaps. Say £40m to buy the club? £10m a year to cover the shortfall- then some extra for transfer fees? Could go very quickly I fear.

£20m cash to buy the club, £30m to invest over 4 years to get back in the Prem, done. Back in Europe within 5 years then I sell to the Qataris. Still got my 100m sat in the bank earning me 1.5%.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 11:14 - Feb 20 with 4326 viewsBasuco

When you add £2 million fee and £3 - £4 million in wages, that is £5 - £6 million at least for every new player, yes it will go very soon. That is without taking into account that if you get a 50% success rate of the new players you will be doing very well.
Login to get fewer ads

on 11:15 - Feb 20 with 4319 views_

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 11:37 - Feb 20 with 4266 viewsOsborneOneNil

on 11:15 - Feb 20 by _

Yeah, I’d buy my home Town club, Weymouth.
on 11:49 - Feb 20 with 4237 views_

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 11:37 - Feb 20 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, I’d buy my home Town club, Weymouth.

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 12:16 - Feb 20 with 4164 viewsKeaneish

Definitely. I'd only need 5% of that to live a nice life.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 12:26 - Feb 20 with 4098 viewsChampionship

I would love to but it would be similar to Evans wouldn't it? High initial investment but then if it didn't work you would have to cut back and face idiots saying you lack ambition.

I'd probably try and form a consortium or offer a mega rich buyer some kind of sweetener if that was allowed like clearing the debt and buying them the club as a gift as long as they commit to a significant boost in resources.
Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 12:28 - Feb 20 with 4085 viewsclive_baker

It depends, you could run a break even P&L quite easily within 6 months of now given the amount of players that aren't contracted into next season. It would require little investment and a reliance on the yoof but it could be done. The question of course would be what impact it would have on our competitiveness in League 1 and whether you could be arsed with the abuse you'll get off supporters.

I don't think I would do it, even with £150m in my back pocket. The only thing that would change that is if we dropped further, down to L2 or Conference (highly unlikely) and ME wanted shot of it, debt free, at heavily discounted price. Then there's probably a much stronger argument because it would require significantly less investment at that level.

Aside from any emotional attachment to ITFC, you would probably be better off trying to take over a Bury St Edmund's if you just wanted a play thing. Decent sized, fairly affluent town with a high number of disillusioned Town fans that you could probably onboard. Little competition around there, sandwiched nicely in that Norwich, Ipswich, Cambridge triangle. 4 promotions from L2, you could have a bit of fun at that level for a few years on the interest alone on your £150m I'm sure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 13:07 - Feb 20 with 3997 viewsDubtractor

I can confidently state that, in the unlikely event of me winning the lottery, not a penny will be invested into a professional football club.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 13:08 - Feb 20 with 3991 viewsKieran_Knows

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 13:07 - Feb 20 by Dubtractor

I can confidently state that, in the unlikely event of me winning the lottery, not a penny will be invested into a professional football club.

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 13:14 - Feb 20 with 3957 viewschicoazul

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 13:07 - Feb 20 by Dubtractor

Come on man. You've got 150m quid. You could lose half of that and not really notice it.

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 13:25 - Feb 20 with 3930 viewsChampionship

Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 13:14 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Come on man. You've got 150m quid. You could lose half of that and not really notice it.

That would be one hell of a weekend.
Some toothpick has won £150m on the Euro lottery on 15:11 - Feb 20 with 3810 viewsPendejo

The thing about this thread that most surprises me is that no-one objects to the rhyming slang, not saying it's abusive but some people get upset about these things very easily... or did an actual toothpick win it? How did it prove it was over 16 years old?

£150m not enough, IMHO, to buy and run Town. Thus as others have pointed out would just be "Evans Lite", though I'd like the challenge...

More likely to do something similar to Guthrum, except rather than just dish out grants I'd want to be part of the delivery mechanism so I could be sure the funds were going towards what it was intended rather than into some chancer's pocket.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024