Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 becomes 11 (n/t) 11:13 - Feb 20 with 10233 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:49 - Feb 20 with 1711 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oops.

Then (a month ago)

Now

Lib Dems . Get your act together or look forward to folding.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:54 - Feb 20 with 1686 viewsZedRodgers

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:13 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Are you saying that Sarah Wollaston the GP or Anna Soubry the Barrister are career politicians but Jeremy Corbyn isn't?

Anna ‘majority 863’ Soubry is using this as an opportunity to find a new seat, knowing full well she would lose Broxtowe and her job to Greg Marshall at the next election.

No, not at the moment

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:56 - Feb 20 with 1671 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 11:58 - Feb 20 by Butterbing

Grow up you plonker.

True though isnt? Its oh so trendy to be so pc.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:57 - Feb 20 with 1663 viewsBluefish

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:54 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

Anna ‘majority 863’ Soubry is using this as an opportunity to find a new seat, knowing full well she would lose Broxtowe and her job to Greg Marshall at the next election.

Bit of a desperate comment

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:57 - Feb 20 with 1659 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 11:58 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

You are a fantastic addition to the board please do post more often.

She was the Business Minister before Brexit. Hardly unheard of

Exactly, unheard of!
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:58 - Feb 20 with 1658 viewsZedRodgers

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:57 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Bit of a desperate comment

Yes, she is desperate.

No, not at the moment

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:59 - Feb 20 with 1646 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:54 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

Good to see it’s not just the Labour defecters you’re not individually attacking

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:00 - Feb 20 with 1633 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 11:58 - Feb 20 by footers

They aren't paid to 'find a solution' - they are paid to be representatives of their constituents and campaign inside and outside of Parliament on issues which they find to be important. And no, that doesn't mean an MP needs to reflect the views of their constituents. It's how representative democracy works.

Hardly representitive if most of them go against their constituents when they clearly vote for their own gains, as a lot of them have very cozy numbers within Europe. You are mad if you think they give a damn about your views.
Login to get fewer ads

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:02 - Feb 20 with 1617 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 11:59 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Do I need to answer that or was it another flippant comment?

As l said pc brigade
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:02 - Feb 20 with 1620 viewsGuthrum

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:49 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

Oops.

Then (a month ago)

Now

That probably reflects old SDP elements moving towards something similar to what they originally had.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see some kind of arrangement (formal or otherwise) between the new grouping and the LibDems.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:08 - Feb 20 with 1590 viewsButterbing

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:56 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

I wouldn't say "trendy" as that term was last used in the 60s. Showing your age there. Get with the times mate.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:12 - Feb 20 with 1577 viewsBluefish

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:58 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

Yes, she is desperate.

"I know you are you said you are but what am I?..."

Quality stuff

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:12 - Feb 20 with 1576 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:36 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Middle class should be the aim for the masses in this country

So they can consume lots of stuff?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:13 - Feb 20 with 1563 viewsfooters

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:00 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

Hardly representitive if most of them go against their constituents when they clearly vote for their own gains, as a lot of them have very cozy numbers within Europe. You are mad if you think they give a damn about your views.

If you'd like to understand how our democracy works, there's plenty of information out there for you. Surely you're patriotic enough to give it a stab?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:14 - Feb 20 with 1570 viewsGuthrum

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:56 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

Or it's just common decency* not to discriminate against or have a go at people because they are a different ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation to yourself.

* Something the British used to pride themselves on.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 13:15]

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:14 - Feb 20 with 1559 viewsBluefish

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:12 - Feb 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

So they can consume lots of stuff?

What is your point here? I would say people consuming things is good for their health and is good for our economy

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:16 - Feb 20 with 1554 viewsZedRodgers

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:49 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

Oops.

Then (a month ago)

Now

Interesting to see a knee-jerk reaction poll, but would imagine these numbers will change once TIG announce some policies, have a leader and start selecting candidates.

I wonder where their new sensible manifesto that fills the political void will stand on taxation, climate change, public sector etc.

Quite an easy and consequenceless protest vote at the moment.

No, not at the moment

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:16 - Feb 20 with 1550 viewsGuthrum

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 12:32 - Feb 20 by Championship

It will be interesting if this lot end up as the minor party in a coalition. They can't support Corbyn and I don't see how they could support the Conservatives either.

Give it a bit of time and they could support anybody.

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:18 - Feb 20 with 1542 viewsBluefish

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:02 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

As l said pc brigade

Have you got anymore material?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:20 - Feb 20 with 1529 viewsSwansea_Blue

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:02 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

That probably reflects old SDP elements moving towards something similar to what they originally had.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see some kind of arrangement (formal or otherwise) between the new grouping and the LibDems.

Yes maybe. Surely the LDs have to do something. They've sat on this middle ground, non-Brexit ticket and done absolutely nothing with it. The IndiGroup come along and seemingly recruit significantly more support in just 24 in hours. Add to that that they now have more MPs in the HoC than the DUP and only need one more to be as big as the LDs (albeit not fought of by-elections) - I wonder how much of a juggernaut this is actually going to be (or not).

Lots have been saying the centre ground is ripe for the plucking. COuld we be seeing the start of something significant (I hope so?)

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:27 - Feb 20 with 1497 viewsWD19

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:16 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

Interesting to see a knee-jerk reaction poll, but would imagine these numbers will change once TIG announce some policies, have a leader and start selecting candidates.

I wonder where their new sensible manifesto that fills the political void will stand on taxation, climate change, public sector etc.

That is a very good point, and the Jezzas people front of Judea would, of course, know all about easy and consequenceless protest votes.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:32 - Feb 20 with 1485 viewsZedRodgers

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:20 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

Yes maybe. Surely the LDs have to do something. They've sat on this middle ground, non-Brexit ticket and done absolutely nothing with it. The IndiGroup come along and seemingly recruit significantly more support in just 24 in hours. Add to that that they now have more MPs in the HoC than the DUP and only need one more to be as big as the LDs (albeit not fought of by-elections) - I wonder how much of a juggernaut this is actually going to be (or not).

Lots have been saying the centre ground is ripe for the plucking. COuld we be seeing the start of something significant (I hope so?)

I think the Lib Dems were destined for near extinction at the next General Election regardless of this. Their 'all talk no voting' calamity on Brexit has added further damage to that of the Farron era.

It will be interesting to see if TIG can make a better go of it. An anti-Brexit/centrist programme hasn't got anybody very far recently though.

What do you think the Lib Dems did to put off the masses calling for this breakaway to fill their political void? And what do the TIG need to do policy-wise to fill it?

I find it a bit disingenuous for Chuka to be saying "of course we don't have any policies yet, this splinter group just happened yesterday". This has been in the pipeline for a while. To launch without a plan seems quite reckless. He doesn't even seem to be able to suggest which policies they want to move away from, let alone move towards:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/awkward-moment-chuka-umunna-struggles-140

No, not at the moment

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:32 - Feb 20 with 1485 viewsSwansea_Blue

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:16 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

That could well be the case, although there were some clues in their launch statement yesterday to the route they'll be taking. I've no idea how this is going to play out.

I do feel there's a genuine appetite for middle of the road, non-batsh*t crazy politics and policies though. And I wouldn't underestimate how deeply disenfranchised many people feel at the moment. These could tick the boxes for many people. We'll see.

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:34 - Feb 20 with 1480 viewsBluefish

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:32 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

I think the Lib Dems were destined for near extinction at the next General Election regardless of this. Their 'all talk no voting' calamity on Brexit has added further damage to that of the Farron era.

It will be interesting to see if TIG can make a better go of it. An anti-Brexit/centrist programme hasn't got anybody very far recently though.

What do you think the Lib Dems did to put off the masses calling for this breakaway to fill their political void? And what do the TIG need to do policy-wise to fill it?

I find it a bit disingenuous for Chuka to be saying "of course we don't have any policies yet, this splinter group just happened yesterday". This has been in the pipeline for a while. To launch without a plan seems quite reckless. He doesn't even seem to be able to suggest which policies they want to move away from, let alone move towards:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/awkward-moment-chuka-umunna-struggles-140

He has been working under Corbyn for so long he has probably forgotten how to declare a position or a policy. I'm sure he will be alright now the Tories are onboard to work with him.

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:40 - Feb 20 with 1445 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:08 - Feb 20 by Butterbing

I wouldn't say "trendy" as that term was last used in the 60s. Showing your age there. Get with the times mate.

What is it now then? Melts or snowflakes? So predictable you are mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024