Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 becomes 11 (n/t) 11:13 - Feb 20 with 10234 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:43 - Feb 20 with 1229 viewsZedRodgers

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:34 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

He has been working under Corbyn for so long he has probably forgotten how to declare a position or a policy. I'm sure he will be alright now the Tories are onboard to work with him.

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/

No, not at the moment

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:45 - Feb 20 with 1217 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:13 - Feb 20 by footers

If you'd like to understand how our democracy works, there's plenty of information out there for you. Surely you're patriotic enough to give it a stab?

Its not democracy though is it? When constituency after constituency voted to leave, yet their MPs(who are there to represent us, the people), voted against what the people asked for. Think you need to have a read up on the facts a figures, dont try belittling me like try with others on here
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:46 - Feb 20 with 1205 viewsBluefish

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:43 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/

I read it. On every topic McDonnell appears and says they will consider every option available and wont be restricted to just one policy. He says every option is an option but also says the Tory one is wrong

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:48 - Feb 20 with 1185 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:18 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Have you got anymore material?

Im waiting to see what other utter tripe you come out with first Mr PC.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:48 - Feb 20 with 1184 viewssparks

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:45 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

Its not democracy though is it? When constituency after constituency voted to leave, yet their MPs(who are there to represent us, the people), voted against what the people asked for. Think you need to have a read up on the facts a figures, dont try belittling me like try with others on here

Errr... what have the people voted for that MPS have voted against?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:48 - Feb 20 with 1179 viewsfooters

Please read how a representative democracy works. Here, I'll even give you a link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy).

If your argument is that you find fault with the system, fair enough, but it is the system. Soubry doesn't need to listen to her constituents.

And if you don't want to be belittled, may I suggest being able to back up your claims with logic and facts, rather than inflammatory language? You might get a better response that way.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:55 - Feb 20 with 1139 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:48 - Feb 20 by footers

Please read how a representative democracy works. Here, I'll even give you a link ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy).

If your argument is that you find fault with the system, fair enough, but it is the system. Soubry doesn't need to listen to her constituents.

And if you don't want to be belittled, may I suggest being able to back up your claims with logic and facts, rather than inflammatory language? You might get a better response that way.

Why have an MP if they dont listen anyway? This is why we reached this point in the first place, because no one listened to the people for decades. They gave people the vote, and now dont like it because it backfired on them. They didnt do their homework. Just because it was all lovely in London, they thoughy the rest of the country would fall in line, classic of them not getting off their @rses and finding out that everything wasnt hunky dory.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 1130 viewsRyorry

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 11:18 - Feb 20 by WD19

The PM should do it just 'for the bantz'.....

She's saving that for MayDay, #mayday ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 1114 viewsNo9

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 11:18 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

Also, remember how I told you all that basically most Tories and Labour MPs believe the same thing and they may as well join forces? Yeah.

Chuka U apart the L7 were unimpressive at the press conference.
These 3 tory woman are a dufferent kettle of fish

Some damning stuff coming out
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:59 - Feb 20 with 1112 viewsButterbing

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:40 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

What is it now then? Melts or snowflakes? So predictable you are mate.

What? You've put words in my mouth then called me predictable for "saying" them?

Also, your point makes absolutely no sense. Obviously a more modern term for trendy is not melts. Do you understand the meaning of any of the words you use?

You are coming across very badly in this thread. Try reading your posts back before you hit send.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:00]
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:01 - Feb 20 with 1087 viewsfooters

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:55 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

Why have an MP if they dont listen anyway? This is why we reached this point in the first place, because no one listened to the people for decades. They gave people the vote, and now dont like it because it backfired on them. They didnt do their homework. Just because it was all lovely in London, they thoughy the rest of the country would fall in line, classic of them not getting off their @rses and finding out that everything wasnt hunky dory.

How can an MP listen to 30,000 constituents and please them all? They can't, which is why the majority view is listened to through an election. And unless Soubry's your MP you don't really have much of a say in it tbh.

And I thought you said you'd voted Remain? You seem pretty angry about it.

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 with 1067 viewsButterbing

The vote was 52:48. There is a wide representation of views in a constituency. Your MP will unlikely share your view on everything. They have thousands of views to listen to. Look outside of your social bubble and you may see that your views are not necessarily represented in the wider community.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:06]
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:08 - Feb 20 with 1050 viewsWeWereZombies

And now Best for Britain tell us that everything has shifted and a clear majority of constituencies are Remain. Ask yourself, why are the Brextremists so frightened of a People's Vote?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:11 - Feb 20 with 1035 viewsJamestownPrince

Ian Austin might be number 12...
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:18 - Feb 20 with 1005 viewsAndrew4445

But the Prime Minister is the constituency MP for a seat that voted remain, as is the leader of the opposition. So following your logic they should represent their constituents and vote down Brexit?
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:25 - Feb 20 with 976 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 13:59 - Feb 20 by Butterbing

What? You've put words in my mouth then called me predictable for "saying" them?

Also, your point makes absolutely no sense. Obviously a more modern term for trendy is not melts. Do you understand the meaning of any of the words you use?

You are coming across very badly in this thread. Try reading your posts back before you hit send.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:00]

You are why we are here with politics now. Just have to analyse stuff to death, but cant see what stares you in the face. Go back to your homework or your science lesson or whatever it is you should be doing now. They shouldnt allow mobiles in the classroom.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:26 - Feb 20 with 971 viewsLeagueOne

0 to Liberal Democrats in 2 days.

If I were a hardcore Torie or Marxist I'd be celebrating the loss of those 11 like a world cup.

Hopefully, they will all lose their seats at the next General Election. Blue Labour is officially dead!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:27 - Feb 20 with 962 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:01 - Feb 20 by footers

How can an MP listen to 30,000 constituents and please them all? They can't, which is why the majority view is listened to through an election. And unless Soubry's your MP you don't really have much of a say in it tbh.

And I thought you said you'd voted Remain? You seem pretty angry about it.

I did, and lm just fed up with it all now. This breakaway group, for me, is the final straw. I dont care what they do or what happens. Along with millions of other, l couldnt give a stuff anymore.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:31 - Feb 20 with 940 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 by Butterbing

The vote was 52:48. There is a wide representation of views in a constituency. Your MP will unlikely share your view on everything. They have thousands of views to listen to. Look outside of your social bubble and you may see that your views are not necessarily represented in the wider community.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:06]

Its split down the middle across the country, so no one will ever agree. Give everyone the vote again, and it will be the same. People will still vote out in as many numbers as before, because people are disillusioned with MPs, they are only out to line their own pockets, you will realise that one day son.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:32 - Feb 20 with 938 viewsfooters

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:27 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

I did, and lm just fed up with it all now. This breakaway group, for me, is the final straw. I dont care what they do or what happens. Along with millions of other, l couldnt give a stuff anymore.

"I dont care what they do or what happens. Along with millions of other, l couldnt give a stuff anymore."

You've a funny way of showing it. Anyway, we'll leave it there. Nice to have a vocal new visitor to the forum.

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:32 - Feb 20 with 937 viewsSpruceMoose

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:27 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

Greetings.

We haven't had the chance to meet yet but I'm SpruceMoose, TWTD's Gammon Outreach Officer working on behalf of the LeftyBumFest.

I expect we will be conversing a lot over the coming months should you decide to stick around, but for now, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I look forward to correcting and reeducating you in the weeks and months to come.

All the best,

Spruce
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:33]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:34 - Feb 20 with 925 viewsButterbing

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:25 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

You are why we are here with politics now. Just have to analyse stuff to death, but cant see what stares you in the face. Go back to your homework or your science lesson or whatever it is you should be doing now. They shouldnt allow mobiles in the classroom.

Again, what are you on about? Have I mentioned my age in any way? Have I given any indication of my own political ideology? It is not black and white. Just because I disagree with you does not make me your opposite.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:35 - Feb 20 with 918 viewsMullysplace1

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:08 - Feb 20 by WeWereZombies

And now Best for Britain tell us that everything has shifted and a clear majority of constituencies are Remain. Ask yourself, why are the Brextremists so frightened of a People's Vote?

I think you would get a surprise. Huge numbers would still vote out. People are fed up with Politics. And as someone says on this thread, we are a democracy. That means we had the vote. You dont keep vote until you stamp and kick and get your own way.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:35 - Feb 20 with 919 viewsButterbing

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:31 - Feb 20 by Mullysplace1

Its split down the middle across the country, so no one will ever agree. Give everyone the vote again, and it will be the same. People will still vote out in as many numbers as before, because people are disillusioned with MPs, they are only out to line their own pockets, you will realise that one day son.

You really are in no position to attempt to condescend.
8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:36 - Feb 20 with 917 viewsWeWereZombies

8 becomes 11 (n/t) on 14:26 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

0 to Liberal Democrats in 2 days.

If I were a hardcore Torie or Marxist I'd be celebrating the loss of those 11 like a world cup.

Hopefully, they will all lose their seats at the next General Election. Blue Labour is officially dead!

Glad to see you are keeping out of the political threads.

Seriously, I understand you not wanting to be disturbed but these are disturbing times. We are probably approaching the most sever crisis that Britain has known since Suez - and this time we will not have the French on our side. The worst thing would be to try and sweep issues under the carpet. All understanding between the opposing factions would be lost. Great for our enemies but not for our four nations.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024