Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) 13:40 - Feb 20 with 6296 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:34 - Feb 20 with 3154 viewsBrianTablet

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:25 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Have you seen the prices of west end shows or a local theatre or a concert?

Most are £60 - £150 per time

At least you are guaranteed cheese with those.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:43 - Feb 20 with 3148 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:15 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Students are some of the biggest spenders in the economy. Not all unemployed are the same much like not all workers are the same. I do not understand giving unemployed discounts, how do you prove it? All very odd.

Should unemployed people get big discounts on eating out or on holidays? What about cars? Or buying cigarettes or chocolate? How about free sky TV?

also dont forget those unemployed probably take home more than the average working man, if they are on housing benifits.
if anything they should pay more to contribute to society.

where is the will to wok and improve youself if everyhting is given free to the lazy bastards who wont work, and don't tell me there re no jobs, i have been looking and there are thousands
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:07 - Feb 20 with 3117 viewsNo9

One of the obvious things that needs to be done is to reduce ticket prices for children to get the kids in and convert them to ITFC rahter than becoming TV supporters
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:16 - Feb 20 with 3101 viewsflimflam

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:15 - Feb 20 by MrTown

early bird tickets provide great value especially for anyone younger than 23 and older than 65.

u23 - £9 per game.
u19 - £5 per game.
65+ - £12 per game.
u12 - £2 per game.

Incredibly reasonable prices for L1 football.

You sure thats right?

My lads ticket (U12) is £50 but we will get £46 of that back so works out 17p per game.

My girls ticket (U19) works out £4.50 per game.

My adult ticket works out £16.50 per game.

Not sure how much cheaper they would be able to go as that seems very reasonable to me.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:17 - Feb 20 with 3100 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:18 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

If you are unemployed and want a football fix go and watch the youths or the women or a non league team. Itfc shouldn't be about welfare, why should I pay so much more because I have a job?

I agree, you want get any arguments from me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:23 - Feb 20 with 3090 viewsLeagueOne

I am still split between getting a ST or not, regardless of the price. Part of me feels the need to attend in my clubs hour of need, and if we all did that it would soften the financial blow of third division football, on the other hand, Marcus Evans has had this coming for years and is still spouting the same old "competitive" and "continues to invest" nonsense and the man really doesn't deserve my money.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:27 - Feb 20 with 3083 viewsclive_baker

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 by MrTown

What more could be done?

Using a bit of lazy data, I think around 10,000 early bird tickets were purchased this year with lower tier seats around the ground for an adult £381.
That gives an early bird ST turnover of £3.81m.

Even a 10% reduction on that would reduce to £3.42m.

Instantly another £400,000 loss for the year. That doesn't take into consideration children tickets, student/u23 tickets. Also doesn't take into consideration a probable drop in number of Season tickets overall.

Add into that a massive loss in TV revenue the gap that Evans is going to have to bridge in L1 is growing and growing.

We have to be fair to the man.

I don't mean more as in heavier reductions necessarily, unless the club is confident that there would be sufficient uplift in sales to offset that. I mean being more creative with the ticketing. Our approach to season ticket pricing is pretty lazy IMO. We need to do a lot more to encourage existing ST holders like myself to renew next year, aside from just price. That's just one component. I also think we can do more by way of incentives to refer a friend etc. I'm not criticising Evans for not putting his hand in his pocket, I just question the level of thought that goes into our pricing. What level of sensitivity analysis takes place do you think? Genuine question. It feels to me like it's a bit of a lazy last minute 'prices down 10%' job, when we could be a lot smarter about it all IMO, as other clubs are starting to be.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:28 - Feb 20 with 3080 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:11 - Feb 20 by Kieran_Knows

So what do we do then? Just carry on as we are and hope for the best?

I think we somehow (I know this is going to sound stupid), turn relegation into a positive and try get numbers through the turnstiles at PR (like Sunderland this season, although I appreciate they still have parachute payments).

No early bird deadline, straight up £325.00 +VAT adult season tickets anywhere in ground (similar reductions to other age categories) and as someone else has said, aim by saying we want 15,000 ST holders and if we hit that you'll get another 10% or £20 voucher in the club shop or something. Just anything that is going to entice people back in.

Otherwise we'll just carry on sleep walking as we are, lose even more ST as per your workings below, and then lose even more money.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:12]

No I agree, there will have to be slight adjustment, and who knows maybe radical adjustments but I don't personally see it myself.

I think to aim for 15,000 is rather too ambitious. We only had 14,000 off the back of the play-off season when everything was rosey in the garden.

To attempt to acquire 15,000 off the back of a relegation season seems too much.

£325.00 no early bird ticket, but plus VAT would take it to 390. Which is higher priced than the early bird tickets now.

You couldn't have a simple flat rate, there are season ticket post early bird deadline going for as much as £700, £900 & £1000+.

A flat rate just wouldn't work.

Maybe a gift voucher in the shop will be rewarded after a target is hit, thats certainly not unfeasible.

Login to get fewer ads

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:32 - Feb 20 with 3077 viewsnorth_stand77

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 by MrTown

What more could be done?

Using a bit of lazy data, I think around 10,000 early bird tickets were purchased this year with lower tier seats around the ground for an adult £381.
That gives an early bird ST turnover of £3.81m.

Even a 10% reduction on that would reduce to £3.42m.

Instantly another £400,000 loss for the year. That doesn't take into consideration children tickets, student/u23 tickets. Also doesn't take into consideration a probable drop in number of Season tickets overall.

Add into that a massive loss in TV revenue the gap that Evans is going to have to bridge in L1 is growing and growing.

We have to be fair to the man.

Well my ticket this year was £558 for SBR . If that stays the same for league 1 I will not be buying season tickets and others i know feel the same.The price has got to be reduced or it may end up as another financial faux pas from the club.

It's just too much.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:44 - Feb 20 with 3067 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:32 - Feb 20 by north_stand77

Well my ticket this year was £558 for SBR . If that stays the same for league 1 I will not be buying season tickets and others i know feel the same.The price has got to be reduced or it may end up as another financial faux pas from the club.

It's just too much.

But if the club keeps the price at 558 and adult numbers reduce to 7,000 = 3.9m

If they reduce tickets to 458 and sold 8,000 adult tickets = 3.6m

There will be a drop ST sales, and I'm sure there will be slight drop in ST prices, but if won't be too much imo, because the turnover is going to reduce massively regardless.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:48 - Feb 20 with 3059 viewsBeckets

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:44 - Feb 20 by MrTown

But if the club keeps the price at 558 and adult numbers reduce to 7,000 = 3.9m

If they reduce tickets to 458 and sold 8,000 adult tickets = 3.6m

There will be a drop ST sales, and I'm sure there will be slight drop in ST prices, but if won't be too much imo, because the turnover is going to reduce massively regardless.

I would find the return of the ticket bundles useful. No sure what happened to them.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:21 - Feb 20 with 3018 viewsFreddies_Ears

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:48 - Feb 20 by Beckets

I would find the return of the ticket bundles useful. No sure what happened to them.

They only sold a few bundles, so discontinued them.

£300 for lower tiers seems reasonable (roughly £13 per game). More for better seats / views. That enables matchday pricing at £20, with room for promotions at £12 maybe half a doz times.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:30 - Feb 20 with 3006 viewsportmanroadblue

Keep ST prices the same, chuck in all home cup games and offer half price STs if we go up.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:30 - Feb 20 with 3006 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:27 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

I don't mean more as in heavier reductions necessarily, unless the club is confident that there would be sufficient uplift in sales to offset that. I mean being more creative with the ticketing. Our approach to season ticket pricing is pretty lazy IMO. We need to do a lot more to encourage existing ST holders like myself to renew next year, aside from just price. That's just one component. I also think we can do more by way of incentives to refer a friend etc. I'm not criticising Evans for not putting his hand in his pocket, I just question the level of thought that goes into our pricing. What level of sensitivity analysis takes place do you think? Genuine question. It feels to me like it's a bit of a lazy last minute 'prices down 10%' job, when we could be a lot smarter about it all IMO, as other clubs are starting to be.

I think there has to be incentives you're right, and refer a friend for refund promo is a good idea, but people will just claim a friend who they don't know, and just get a 10% refund so I don't see that coming in.

A season ticket for Peterborough 2019/20 - £400.00

I think £500.00 is what an adult post early bird ticket will be. Something like that.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:31 - Feb 20 with 3003 viewsITFC_Forever

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:30 - Feb 20 by portmanroadblue

Keep ST prices the same, chuck in all home cup games and offer half price STs if we go up.

Can't chuck in FA Cup / League Cup games as 50% of the revenue goes to the other team.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:39 - Feb 20 with 2982 viewsKieran_Knows

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:28 - Feb 20 by MrTown

No I agree, there will have to be slight adjustment, and who knows maybe radical adjustments but I don't personally see it myself.

I think to aim for 15,000 is rather too ambitious. We only had 14,000 off the back of the play-off season when everything was rosey in the garden.

To attempt to acquire 15,000 off the back of a relegation season seems too much.

£325.00 no early bird ticket, but plus VAT would take it to 390. Which is higher priced than the early bird tickets now.

You couldn't have a simple flat rate, there are season ticket post early bird deadline going for as much as £700, £900 & £1000+.

Maybe a gift voucher in the shop will be rewarded after a target is hit, thats certainly not unfeasible.

God knows why I said +VAT! Apologies.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 16:40]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:54 - Feb 20 with 2968 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:16 - Feb 20 by flimflam

You sure thats right?

My lads ticket (U12) is £50 but we will get £46 of that back so works out 17p per game.

Not sure how much cheaper they would be able to go as that seems very reasonable to me.

Yeah thats right?

Obviously I didn't know you get £46 back, but:
an u12 early bird is £45 - 1.90 per game (just rounded to £2)
an u19 early bird is £113 - 4.9 per game (rounded up to £5)

And adult prices fluctuate so much depending on stand/upper/lower/block that you can't work out.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:55 - Feb 20 with 2965 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:16 - Feb 20 by flimflam

You sure thats right?

But regardless they can't really good too much cheaper, than maybe adjust some of the higher end adult tickets.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 17:38 - Feb 20 with 2932 viewsRonFearonsHair

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:30 - Feb 20 by portmanroadblue

Whilst I do not disagree with the sentiment, the problem with a big reduction if we go up is that we are then immediately putting ourselves at a big competitive disadvantage in attempting to stay up.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 17:40 - Feb 20 with 2929 viewsSpruceMoose

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:09 - Feb 20 by BrianTablet

Because they don't earn and thus shouldn't be expected to contribute much towards the employment of overpaid millionaires?

I judge a policy based on who it upsets. In this case I'm all for it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 12:11 - Feb 21 with 2812 viewsflimflam

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 16:54 - Feb 20 by MrTown

Yeah thats right?

Obviously I didn't know you get £46 back, but:
an u12 early bird is £45 - 1.90 per game (just rounded to £2)
an u19 early bird is £113 - 4.9 per game (rounded up to £5)

And adult prices fluctuate so much depending on stand/upper/lower/block that you can't work out.

With the early bird for U12's you actually make a £1 profit if you go to all the games!!

Although you have to spend the refunded money in the club shop which is not a problem anyway.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 12:43 - Feb 21 with 2790 viewsWhymarkmariner

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 20 by footers

All tickets should be £18.78.

I would hazard a guess that the most expensive seats will be about £400 in line with what are considered the top sides in Division One. I'm not sure exactly how many players we have at the moment but a fair few will leave and hopefully two or three come in. How this will impact on the running of the club I don't know. It has been said that about 7 million in revenue will disappear. I don't see ST sales being much different to now. The problem will be that if we don't get promoted immediately ST and casual attendees will fall.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 12:56 - Feb 21 with 2775 viewsHerbivore

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:28 - Feb 20 by MrTown

So your suggestion is that we pay more next season? I currently pay £381 and you think I should pay £390 for a lower level of football?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:13 - Feb 21 with 2750 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blanket £350 Over 18's - 65
£175 over 65
Under 18's free

Fill the place as much as possible

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:32 - Feb 21 with 2732 viewsDurovigutum

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 15:23 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

I am still split between getting a ST or not, regardless of the price. Part of me feels the need to attend in my clubs hour of need, and if we all did that it would soften the financial blow of third division football, on the other hand, Marcus Evans has had this coming for years and is still spouting the same old "competitive" and "continues to invest" nonsense and the man really doesn't deserve my money.

I'm in the same boat. Almost bought the last couple of years but my kids play football Saturday morning, I'm starting to referee county games and the mid week games are almost impossible with work as I'm just a bit too far away. The kids membership packages are good and I didn't even use my free silver club ticket last year!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024