Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) 13:40 - Feb 20 with 6301 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 20 with 2628 viewsfooters

All tickets should be £18.78.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 20 with 2619 viewsMrTown

Not too much can be done, not too much will done.

Fear that is the reality of it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:49 - Feb 20 with 2597 viewsBluefish

It has already been decided on here that tickets prices should be dropped by 50% but investment in the team and the facilities must go up by 200%. Oh and Marcus out apparently

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:51 - Feb 20 with 2591 viewsclive_baker

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 20 by MrTown

I would agree with the 2nd half of that statement, it'll be something easy and lazy like a 10% reduction.

I think an awful lot more could be done though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:54 - Feb 20 with 2577 viewsChampionship

A spin the wheel game where it has everything from +100% to - 50%. Of course if you don't like what you get you can always go for the mystery challenge which could be anything from escaping Crazee's Crack Den to Bluey's Blood Duel.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:55 - Feb 20 with 2573 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:41 - Feb 20 by MrTown

surley the ticket prices will have to decrease, if not a major faux pas from evans,as the way the fans are connecting with the team and lambert.
we have to get bums on seats, and hopefully lambert will make evans aware of this.
imagine portman road rocking next year, winning the league, grate times.
hopefully we will follow in the huddersfield mould but i doubt it.

anyway after all that it is irrelevant, as we are staying up.
What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 2561 viewsuefacup81

I'd like to see a flat rate applied - something like £20-£25 in all areas, with bigger S/T reductions, and keep the premium pricing for premium areas.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:03 - Feb 20 with 2530 viewsBrianTablet

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:54 - Feb 20 by Championship

A spin the wheel game where it has everything from +100% to - 50%. Of course if you don't like what you get you can always go for the mystery challenge which could be anything from escaping Crazee's Crack Den to Bluey's Blood Duel.

Decibel Meter.... The louder we sing, the cheaper the tickets for the next match.
Win win.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 with 2522 viewsLesta_Tractor

10% reduction for adult season tickets and under 16 season tickets for a £10 when purchased with an adult st.

Could boost numbers and help capture the next generation of unfortunates/supporters.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 with 2519 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:51 - Feb 20 by clive_baker

I would agree with the 2nd half of that statement, it'll be something easy and lazy like a 10% reduction.

I think an awful lot more could be done though.

What more could be done?

Using a bit of lazy data, I think around 10,000 early bird tickets were purchased this year with lower tier seats around the ground for an adult £381.
That gives an early bird ST turnover of £3.81m.

Even a 10% reduction on that would reduce to £3.42m.

Instantly another £400,000 loss for the year. That doesn't take into consideration children tickets, student/u23 tickets. Also doesn't take into consideration a probable drop in number of Season tickets overall.

Add into that a massive loss in TV revenue the gap that Evans is going to have to bridge in L1 is growing and growing.

We have to be fair to the man.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:06 - Feb 20 with 2508 viewsBrianTablet

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 13:57 - Feb 20 by uefacup81

I'd like to see a flat rate applied - something like £20-£25 in all areas, with bigger S/T reductions, and keep the premium pricing for premium areas.

£20 flat rate for all matches.
£5 for students/unemployed
£3 for kids
Football just isn't worth any more.
ST will still work out cheaper + you choose your seat.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:07 - Feb 20 with 2497 viewsBluefish

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:06 - Feb 20 by BrianTablet

£20 flat rate for all matches.
£5 for students/unemployed
£3 for kids
Football just isn't worth any more.
ST will still work out cheaper + you choose your seat.

Why should students and unemployed have such a big saving?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:08 - Feb 20 with 2494 viewscbower

Evans should announce that for 2 seasons there will be no cost cutting at the club with the direct intention of a bounce back. If we are still in Div 1 (or god forbid worse) then season 3 should see costs cut accordingly. To help fund this, season ticket prices should be frozen with 20% off for a 2 year purchase. Additionally, the club should announce an ambitious target of 15,000 season tickets for next season and if that figure is hit, every season ticket holder would get a 15-20% rebate on their initial outlay. We have got to get the numbers up. PR will be a dismal place if crowds slip routinely to the 10,000 mark or below. Kids promotions should be the norm, or promotions on family tickets. At least one upper level should be mothballed to help generate a closer and more intense atmosphere. If ME simply slashes budgets, makes no concessions to season ticket holders and plans for the long term in Div 1, it will be very hard indeed for ITFC. Someone will probably think what I have suggested is nonsense but tht is how I see it.

bluescouser

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:09 - Feb 20 with 2480 viewsBrianTablet

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:07 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Because they don't earn and thus shouldn't be expected to contribute much towards the employment of overpaid millionaires?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:10 - Feb 20 with 2472 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:07 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Agree, u23' s ticket early bird was £207 for the season last year.

Works out at £9 a game, thats cheap enough

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:11 - Feb 20 with 2465 viewsLesta_Tractor

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 by MrTown

What more could be done?

Using a bit of lazy data, I think around 10,000 early bird tickets were purchased this year with lower tier seats around the ground for an adult £381.

Instantly another £400,000 loss for the year. That doesn't take into consideration children tickets, student/u23 tickets. Also doesn't take into consideration a probable drop in number of Season tickets overall.

Add into that a massive loss in TV revenue the gap that Evans is going to have to bridge in L1 is growing and growing.

Fair point, I've just had a look around and our kids packages are very good value compared to similar clubs.

Would it be worth a financial hit in the short term if attendances were boosted by another 5-6k?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:11 - Feb 20 with 2459 viewsKieran_Knows

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 by MrTown

What more could be done?

So what do we do then? Just carry on as we are and hope for the best?

I think we somehow (I know this is going to sound stupid), turn relegation into a positive and try get numbers through the turnstiles at PR (like Sunderland this season, although I appreciate they still have parachute payments).

No early bird deadline, straight up £325.00 +VAT adult season tickets anywhere in ground (similar reductions to other age categories) and as someone else has said, aim by saying we want 15,000 ST holders and if we hit that you'll get another 10% or £20 voucher in the club shop or something. Just anything that is going to entice people back in.

Otherwise we'll just carry on sleep walking as we are, lose even more ST as per your workings below, and then lose even more money.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 14:12]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:15 - Feb 20 with 2437 viewsBluefish

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:09 - Feb 20 by BrianTablet

Because they don't earn and thus shouldn't be expected to contribute much towards the employment of overpaid millionaires?

Students are some of the biggest spenders in the economy. Not all unemployed are the same much like not all workers are the same. I do not understand giving unemployed discounts, how do you prove it? All very odd.

Should unemployed people get big discounts on eating out or on holidays? What about cars? Or buying cigarettes or chocolate? How about free sky TV?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:15 - Feb 20 with 2436 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:11 - Feb 20 by Lesta_Tractor

Fair point, I've just had a look around and our kids packages are very good value compared to similar clubs.

Would it be worth a financial hit in the short term if attendances were boosted by another 5-6k?

early bird tickets provide great value especially for anyone younger than 23 and older than 65.

u23 - £9 per game.
u19 - £5 per game.
65+ - £12 per game.
u12 - £2 per game.

Incredibly reasonable prices for L1 football.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:16 - Feb 20 with 2429 viewsMrTown

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:15 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

Students are some of the biggest spenders in the economy. Not all unemployed are the same much like not all workers are the same. I do not understand giving unemployed discounts, how do you prove it? All very odd.

Should unemployed people get big discounts on eating out or on holidays? What about cars? Or buying cigarettes or chocolate? How about free sky TV?

This is meant in no disrespect, but paying money for a luxury like football on Saturday if you're unemployed should be a fair way down this list anyway.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:18 - Feb 20 with 2418 viewsBluefish

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:16 - Feb 20 by MrTown

This is meant in no disrespect, but paying money for a luxury like football on Saturday if you're unemployed should be a fair way down this list anyway.

If you are unemployed and want a football fix go and watch the youths or the women or a non league team. Itfc shouldn't be about welfare, why should I pay so much more because I have a job?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:19 - Feb 20 with 2412 viewsBrianTablet

Or.... How about a cumulative £2 per win + £1 per draw based on home matches over the course of the season?

i.e. P18 W11 D4 L3 = £26 for next match.

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:21 - Feb 20 with 2402 viewsBrianTablet

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:18 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

If you are unemployed and want a football fix go and watch the youths or the women or a non league team. Itfc shouldn't be about welfare, why should I pay so much more because I have a job?

Should you be paying a lot in the first place? It's only football after all.
How the hell is it valued like it is?
For what other form of third rate entertainment do you pay so much?

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:25 - Feb 20 with 2392 viewsBluefish

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:21 - Feb 20 by BrianTablet

Should you be paying a lot in the first place? It's only football after all.
How the hell is it valued like it is?
For what other form of third rate entertainment do you pay so much?

Have you seen the prices of west end shows or a local theatre or a concert?

Most are £60 - £150 per time

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:27 - Feb 20 with 2382 viewsITFC_Forever

What should be done with Portman Rd ticket pricing in League One? (n/t) on 14:05 - Feb 20 by Lesta_Tractor

10% reduction for adult season tickets and under 16 season tickets for a £10 when purchased with an adult st.

Could boost numbers and help capture the next generation of unfortunates/supporters.

Last time we did that, the U-16 ST was abused.... ST holders were paying an extra £10 to reserve (save) the seat next to them and just upgrading it on a match by match basis when they had a friend to bring along.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024