Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich 16:06 - Feb 20 with 4122 viewsLeagueOne

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/441120/ipswich-town-football-front-lin

The Sun mostly on the side of this forum that the good times are back and League One would be a launching pad away from the decline. I disagree myself, losing close to half your income when your club is already struggling on many levels is not going to be a good thing, and the Paul Lambert honeymoon will be over by this time next year when his own record will speak for itself, with many expecting us to walk it he's going to have a lot of pressure on him to deliver given the resources he has here.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 16:16 - Feb 20 with 4040 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. I think it's great that we're positive and do what we can to lift the team and mood this season and next but the blithe suggestion that relegation is a step forward in waiting and certainly an end to a two-decade decline is utter hubris.

"They now have the opportunity to rebuild after nearly two decades of steady decline, backed by a fan base who are behind the cause." Rather than rebuild, we may see ourselves selling up and moving to somewhere smaller and more affordable.

Pronouns: He/Him

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 16:16 - Feb 20 with 4040 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

“Teddy Bishop, who is being coveted by Arsenal and Manchester United”

😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 16:23 - Feb 20 with 3993 viewsPendejo

But we haven't yet been in Europa League... that started 2009/10. We competed in the old UEFA Cup, a trophy we have won rather than participated in.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 16:56 - Feb 20 with 3861 viewsChampionship

You tedious melt. I would love it if we stayed up and you fcked off back under your stone.
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:01 - Feb 20 with 3835 viewsAlanG296

The only reference to Europa League in the article refers to Burnley, so why LeagueOne have you put Europa League in the thread title?
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:10 - Feb 20 with 3792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"many expecting us to walk it he's going to have a lot of pressure on him to deliver given the resources he has here."

Does anyone actually expect that? Where would our budget stand in League 1?

Has no one followed the money spent by other clubs and their distinct lack of success … Sunderland and Portsmouth are both likely to be League 1 next season.
Where did the riches get Derby and Notts County?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:13 - Feb 20 with 3780 viewsFtnfwest

Thank goodness it's been nothing to do with going into administration. It was just a few european games after all that. All we need to do is not qualify for Europe next year and we're home and hosed!
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:47 - Feb 20 with 3669 viewsGarv

What honeymoon?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:49 - Feb 20 with 3653 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who is expecting us to walk it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:57 - Feb 20 with 3617 viewsSwansea_Blue

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:49 - Feb 20 by BrixtonBlue

Who is expecting us to walk it?

I’ve lost count of the times people have said we’re going to regroup and then come back up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 18:02 - Feb 20 with 3582 viewsHorseboy

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:47 - Feb 20 by Garv

What honeymoon?

Championship divorce more like.
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 18:09 - Feb 20 with 3555 viewsChampionship

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 18:02 - Feb 20 by Horseboy

Championship divorce more like.

Well, this is awkward.
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 18:11 - Feb 20 with 3540 viewsBrixtonBlue

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 17:57 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve lost count of the times people have said we’re going to regroup and then come back up.

Is that the same as "walking it"?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 18:16 - Feb 20 with 3511 viewsjas0999

An interesting read. Personally though, I see relegation as a complete disaster. Financially, we will look to sell even more players - we probably need to.
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 18:43 - Feb 20 with 3421 viewstextbackup

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 16:16 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. I think it's great that we're positive and do what we can to lift the team and mood this season and next but the blithe suggestion that relegation is a step forward in waiting and certainly an end to a two-decade decline is utter hubris.

"They now have the opportunity to rebuild after nearly two decades of steady decline, backed by a fan base who are behind the cause." Rather than rebuild, we may see ourselves selling up and moving to somewhere smaller and more affordable.

where we likely to move to? Ipswich wanders ground?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 19:03 - Feb 20 with 3331 viewsDarth_Koont

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 18:43 - Feb 20 by textbackup

where we likely to move to? Ipswich wanders ground?

A cosy little bungalow in midtable.

New address will be:

Number 15
League Two Close
Still-on-the-Slide
BCW YWF

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 19:04 - Feb 20 with 3313 viewsSpruceMoose

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 19:03 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

A cosy little bungalow in midtable.

New address will be:

Number 15
League Two Close
Still-on-the-Slide
BCW YWF

Missed opportunity to include a classic SUQ in the postcode.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 19:10 - Feb 20 with 3287 viewsDarth_Koont

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 19:04 - Feb 20 by SpruceMoose

Missed opportunity to include a classic SUQ in the postcode.

We can have a camper van in the drive with the numberplate SUQ IANAP for all those exciting Checkatrade jaunts we'll be off on.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 19:11]

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 19:36 - Feb 20 with 3219 viewsfactual_blue

Thank you for that Herr Farke.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 20:23 - Feb 20 with 3079 viewsEastTownBlue

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 16:16 - Feb 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“Teddy Bishop, who is being coveted by Arsenal and Manchester United”

😂

A possible rehash from four years ago.

https://talksport.com/football/228719/transfer-spotlight-arsenal-and-man-united-
From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 2830 viewsgood_at_COD

I gave up at only the second paragraph. Surprised no one else picked up on their reference to a great debut season in the Premier League in 2000-01.

Giggsy

From Europa League to League One - The Sun on Ipswich on 06:56 - Feb 21 with 2560 viewsChondzoresk

Last thing I expected to see was my miserable sons mug shot on there....I keep telling him to stop wearing that orange away shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024