Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate 16:56 - Feb 20 with 1955 viewsSteve_M

This is unsually good from Archant. A teacher that quite a few on here probably were taught by at some stage.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/obituary-ipswich-northgate-teacher-john-eaton

Also, worth a look is this photo which is not one I can remember seeing before.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:25 - Feb 20 with 1889 viewsblueislander

Keepers. I was at Northgate from 1959 to 1967 , and he was teaching there then.
Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:37 - Feb 20 with 1863 viewsjontysnut

'Moth' Eaton. RIP 72-79
Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:42 - Feb 20 with 1856 viewsjontysnut

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:25 - Feb 20 by blueislander

Keepers. I was at Northgate from 1959 to 1967 , and he was teaching there then.

We had Taffy Taylor for woodwork. He said I was as useless as my dad and he left in 1947
Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:45 - Feb 20 with 1839 viewschicoazul

Reading that obit; that's exactly the kind of life I wish I had lived.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:46 - Feb 20 with 1841 viewsblueislander

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:42 - Feb 20 by jontysnut

We had Taffy Taylor for woodwork. He said I was as useless as my dad and he left in 1947

He tried to teach me, but when I had completely f-cked up my job after a week , he used to send me out to tend a small garden he tended in the school grounds.
Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:46 - Feb 20 with 1839 viewsBeckets

1968-75 for me. Trying to remember him. Must have taught me Geography at some stage.
Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 18:44 - Feb 20 with 1779 viewsWeWereZombies

Many thanks for that Steve, 'Fred' Eaton was my form teacher for three or four years and I came to recognise that our raggle taggle bunch were lucky to have the best form teacher at Northgate Boys. He was one of those rare teachers teachers who could keep discipline without ever raising their voice, a true gent. Whilst quite a slight build and having a pronounced back disorder he still seemed to have boundless energy. One of the best and it is heart warming to hear how much he did and how much he succeeded in achieving in his life. They don't make them like that anymore.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 20:20 - Feb 20 with 1700 viewsIllinoisblue

that is a great insight and tribute. I'm intrigued by the bit about Willis Faber playing a part in Trevor Francis' 1million pound transfer. Anyone know what that was about? Or was it just they insured Francis?

Later, as careers master (and presumably to show the insurance industry really wasn’t deadly dull), he’d often mention how Ipswich-based Willis Faber had played a part in the transfer of England’s first £1million footballer, Trevor Francis.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 07:58 - Feb 21 with 1503 viewsSteve_M

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 18:44 - Feb 20 by WeWereZombies

Many thanks for that Steve, 'Fred' Eaton was my form teacher for three or four years and I came to recognise that our raggle taggle bunch were lucky to have the best form teacher at Northgate Boys. He was one of those rare teachers teachers who could keep discipline without ever raising their voice, a true gent. Whilst quite a slight build and having a pronounced back disorder he still seemed to have boundless energy. One of the best and it is heart warming to hear how much he did and how much he succeeded in achieving in his life. They don't make them like that anymore.

I was there 88-95 so he was mainly doing the careers stuff then but he taught both of my Mum's brothers I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 20:47 - Feb 21 with 1387 viewsWeWereZombies

Obituary of John Eaton former teacher at Northgate on 17:46 - Feb 20 by Beckets

1968-75 for me. Trying to remember him. Must have taught me Geography at some stage.

I still have exercise books somewhere with Mr. Eaton's detailed and informative blackboard illustrations dutifully copied down.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024