Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a quick opinion from the fans... 19:05 - Feb 20 with 1091 viewsMrTown

We played 3 very tough fixtures last week in 6 days, probably 3 of the hardest fixtures on paper you could face in the Championship and we stumbled upon the 4-1-2-1-2 at the beginning of it, and it certainly changed us for the better. We looked sharper, more intense, better passing, creating more chances.

However whilst I still remain of the opinion we did well against Stoke, some people saw it v differently. I think we looked tired but the diamond in midfield is renown for being incredibly tiring in a defensive aspect.

Would you keep the diamond, or move to a different formation.

Personally all for the diamond, Lambert had his best success at Norwich with it, and we've probably played our best football with it (other than maybe first half v Reading).

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:09 - Feb 20 with 1069 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Unfortunately, Derby and Stoke at home do not fall into that description based on their recent form.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:10 - Feb 20 with 1067 viewsfooters

I've had a drink so bear with me, but I'd keep the diamond and fcking pray that we get two back-to-back wins now. Anything less and we're doomed, but if just if, we can manage it we may be able to #believe.

Of course there is the problem of our strikers not being able to score in a whorehouse but aside from that...

Edit: What we really need is TC and his famous striker drills... maybe MM will bring him on his next visit?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 19:12]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:12 - Feb 20 with 1056 viewsMrTown

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:09 - Feb 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Unfortunately, Derby and Stoke at home do not fall into that description based on their recent form.

What were your expectations playing against Derby and Stoke this season?

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:14 - Feb 20 with 1043 viewsMrTown

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:10 - Feb 20 by footers

I've had a drink so bear with me, but I'd keep the diamond and fcking pray that we get two back-to-back wins now. Anything less and we're doomed, but if just if, we can manage it we may be able to #believe.

Of course there is the problem of our strikers not being able to score in a whorehouse but aside from that...

Edit: What we really need is TC and his famous striker drills... maybe MM will bring him on his next visit?

I mean it's such a massive ask now, especially as I just feel Rotherham are a horrible team to play against that they will stick up some results, especially at home.

BUT, if we do pull back to back wins out of the hat, there will certainly be a reserved level of hope going into the final 11 games.

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:16 - Feb 20 with 1028 viewsDarth_Koont

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:10 - Feb 20 by footers

Nah. Will Keane is officially "on fire" now. Judge is closing in on the target for every game. And I think Quaner (or Harrison if fit) is ready to start filling nets.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:21 - Feb 20 with 1000 viewsMrTown

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:16 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

Nah. Will Keane is officially "on fire" now. Judge is closing in on the target for every game. And I think Quaner (or Harrison if fit) is ready to start filling nets.

I'm not sure Quaner will be filling nets between now and the end of the season, certainly been v impressed with Keane, and Judge, well what else can anyone say.

Hope he feasibly able to stay with us next season.

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:26 - Feb 20 with 969 viewsDarth_Koont

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:21 - Feb 20 by MrTown

I'm not sure Quaner will be filling nets between now and the end of the season, certainly been v impressed with Keane, and Judge, well what else can anyone say.

Hope he feasibly able to stay with us next season.

On a serious note, I think he's looked good in flashes and those flashes have been getting longer too.

He's looked less exposed when we've got players forward with Judge and Keane in particular around him. But I also like Harrison and think he'd do well in the new look attack so wouldn't mind if he took over from the start either.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 20:51 - Feb 20 with 849 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:12 - Feb 20 by MrTown

What were your expectations playing against Derby and Stoke this season?

At the start of the season not much.

Right now even less. But that isn't because they are better than I anticipated. Far from it.

I do believe we are improving. I do believe the last two results were decent results. That does not do enough to encourage me that we will gain 9 more points than those above us.

If Collins, Judge and at least one of Huws or Adeyemi were fit for the rest of the season I would say we would have a chance.

Login to get fewer ads

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 21:05 - Feb 20 with 811 viewsHerbivore

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 19:09 - Feb 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yeah, it's hugely over-egging it to describe those two fixtures as two of the hardest in the Championship. Stoke at home is currently one of the easiest fixtures in the league.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 21:11 - Feb 20 with 792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just a quick opinion from the fans... on 21:05 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Yeah, it's hugely over-egging it to describe those two fixtures as two of the hardest in the Championship. Stoke at home is currently one of the easiest fixtures in the league.

Actually that honour goes to our visit anywhere (based, I would imagine, on pretty much any length of form over the season). Which is also a big part of the problem.

If we cannot change that on Saturday another of our last chances will have been blown and Wigan's home form over the last six is not all that bad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024