Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet 19:39 - Feb 20 with 8595 viewsXYZ

Blimey
Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:07 - Feb 21 with 2073 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 07:58 - Feb 21 by artsbossbeard

"If a poster on here said “Muslims with any sense of humanity need to speak out publicly against the ruthless murder by IS”."

As many in fact do, you mean?

And they are called out for doing so.

My comment on a thread when somebody did so.

“But he was being bigoted by branding a whole religion guilty of terrorism by association.

I'll stick up for free speech on here but what he posted was deplorable. Read what he posted again”

The sad reality is by Archer4721 22 Mar 2017 18:40
in times like these it really does bring out all the nobheads

https://mobile.twitter.com/hrtablaze/status/844603723892514816/video/1

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:21 - Feb 21 with 2092 viewsZedRodgers

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 23:40 - Feb 20 by ZedRodgers

Oh right.

Wrong type of Jews again eh. What are the chances?

Does this now make it circa 1000 British Jews (and counting) that you - a non-Jew - are saying do not speak for the British Jewish community?

I think that makes the percentage of the British Jewish community that don't speak for the British Jewish community larger than the percentage of Labour members that are being investigated for antisemitism, in your opinion.

Worth noting your Twitter thread response only addressed about 4 or 5 names on the list of 200 signatories.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 8:23]

No, not at the moment

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:29 - Feb 21 with 2044 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:21 - Feb 21 by ZedRodgers

Does this now make it circa 1000 British Jews (and counting) that you - a non-Jew - are saying do not speak for the British Jewish community?

I think that makes the percentage of the British Jewish community that don't speak for the British Jewish community larger than the percentage of Labour members that are being investigated for antisemitism, in your opinion.

Worth noting your Twitter thread response only addressed about 4 or 5 names on the list of 200 signatories.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 8:23]

I made no comment and simply linked a tweet highlighting some of the people who signed. It’s basxialy the JVL. Which we have also discussed on here at lengths.

Thousands of British Jews marched in protest at antisemitism in Labour, not once but twice last year. With another event taking place in Manchester. 84% of British Jews believe Corbyn to be an antisemite. 1 in 4 British Jews would consider leaving the U.K. if Corbyn becomes PM.

Do we really need to continue this dance on a daily basis. The facts are that since the election of Corbyn as Labour leader, antisemitsm has snowballed out of control in the Labour Party. You either agree with this or disagree.

But I have no wish to play Jewish Top Trumps with you today zed. I’m sure you can find somebody else to follow around the board like a lost puppy so I shall bid you good day.

Iron Lion Zion

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:41 - Feb 21 with 2079 viewsGuthrum

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 21:26 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

This is where it gets complicated. On the face of it being Jewish in say the UK or France has nothing to do with what's happening in Israel. Certainly, nobody's Jewishness should imply anything for that individual because, as you rightly say, many are already some of the fiercest critics of Israel and its policies.

But Israel reaches out to all the diaspora Jews and says that they are part of the extended Jewish state. And 8 out of 10 Jews themselves express an affinity for Israel.

So imagine if apartheid South Africa was reaching out to whites around the world and 8 out of 10 whites outside expressed an affinity for South Africa ... would it be racist to suggest that generally white people outside of South Africa should do more to condemn apartheid?

I know it's not a perfect analogy but the principle is surely the same. But this is the tightrope you walk when criticizing Israel and the pro-Israel or even tacit support coming from the rest of the world. However, in the current atmosphere, and as Hatton isn't making it clear as a much more general point about the existing connection between the Jewish population worldwide and Israel, then it's not surprising that this isn't going to be tolerated.

Turning that around: The Jews have been exiled from their ancestral homeland for many centuries, much of that time undergoing social exclusion and vicious persecution, unprotected by the governments they lived under. This on top of a tradition of exile and return (By The Rivers Of Babylon, etc.).

Eventually, a (secular) Jewish state is established - with UN approval - but is instantly attacked by its neighbours, some of whom to this day have an official policy that it should cease to exist.

Is it, then, surprising that Jewish people should feel wary of too strident a criticism of Israel, lest they end up siding with those who seek its outright destruction?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:58 - Feb 21 with 2055 viewsZedRodgers

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:29 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

I made no comment and simply linked a tweet highlighting some of the people who signed. It’s basxialy the JVL. Which we have also discussed on here at lengths.

Thousands of British Jews marched in protest at antisemitism in Labour, not once but twice last year. With another event taking place in Manchester. 84% of British Jews believe Corbyn to be an antisemite. 1 in 4 British Jews would consider leaving the U.K. if Corbyn becomes PM.

Do we really need to continue this dance on a daily basis. The facts are that since the election of Corbyn as Labour leader, antisemitsm has snowballed out of control in the Labour Party. You either agree with this or disagree.

But I have no wish to play Jewish Top Trumps with you today zed. I’m sure you can find somebody else to follow around the board like a lost puppy so I shall bid you good day.

What is your comment then? I took your link to a tweet that suggested the signatories have no right to say anything about it as your opinion. A link to a tweet that discredits about 2% of the names is a bit of a weak response.

The JVL is included my estimate of 1000+ British Jews that you believe don't speak for British Jews.

I think your "thousands" that marched is as misleading as your Jewish Chronicle poll statistics.

Evening Standard made it hundreds at the March, with a number of people there supporting Corbyn.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/enough-is-enough-protest-labour-mps-joi

Even the Jewish Chronicle made it 1500, including MPs and counter protesters. You know, not far off the same number of British Jews that you're discrediting.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/jewish-community-protests-in-parliament-squar

I don't really have any desire to discuss this on a daily basis, but it's difficult to stand by and watch you distort things in a way that could mislead people.

Antisemitism 'snowballing out of control' is an opinion, not a fact. When you're presented with things like the steps Labour have taken to address antisemitism, the number of British Jews that see Corbyn as an ally in defeating antisemitism, or the percentage of members being investigated (<0.1%) in comparison to the recent influx of members, how it's difficult to compare figures to a time before social media, how antisemitism claims pre-2015 fell on deaf ears, how 90% of Hodge's claims that turned out not to be Labour members... you just put your fingers in your ears and shout propaganda.

By doing that, it comes across like you don't actually want Labour to address antisemitism. Something that's obvious to most of us.

No, not at the moment

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 11:44 - Feb 21 with 2007 viewsRyorry

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 21:26 - Feb 20 by Darth_Koont

This is where it gets complicated. On the face of it being Jewish in say the UK or France has nothing to do with what's happening in Israel. Certainly, nobody's Jewishness should imply anything for that individual because, as you rightly say, many are already some of the fiercest critics of Israel and its policies.

But Israel reaches out to all the diaspora Jews and says that they are part of the extended Jewish state. And 8 out of 10 Jews themselves express an affinity for Israel.

So imagine if apartheid South Africa was reaching out to whites around the world and 8 out of 10 whites outside expressed an affinity for South Africa ... would it be racist to suggest that generally white people outside of South Africa should do more to condemn apartheid?

I know it's not a perfect analogy but the principle is surely the same. But this is the tightrope you walk when criticizing Israel and the pro-Israel or even tacit support coming from the rest of the world. However, in the current atmosphere, and as Hatton isn't making it clear as a much more general point about the existing connection between the Jewish population worldwide and Israel, then it's not surprising that this isn't going to be tolerated.

"And 8 out of 10 Jews themselves express an affinity for Israel. "

Meant to say yesterday but got sidetracked re this point also! - depends what is meant by "expressing an affinity for Israel" - what was the poll/questionnaire question? Most Jewish people whose heritage is having been displaced for thousands of years and persecuted/slaughtered for much of that, esp in recent living memory, are obviously going to say that they have "an affinity" with a place that guarantees them a safe and secure home! particularly the land of their origins.

If the question was "do you have an affinity with the politics and policies of the current Israeli Government?" however ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 12:18 - Feb 21 with 1980 viewseireblue

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 11:44 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

Meant to say yesterday but got sidetracked re this point also! - depends what is meant by "expressing an affinity for Israel" - what was the poll/questionnaire question? Most Jewish people whose heritage is having been displaced for thousands of years and persecuted/slaughtered for much of that, esp in recent living memory, are obviously going to say that they have "an affinity" with a place that guarantees them a safe and secure home! particularly the land of their origins.

If the question was "do you have an affinity with the politics and policies of the current Israeli Government?" however ...

I have been to St Patrick's Day parade in New York.

Quite a lot of affinity with the old country was going on, that seemed to get emotionally deeper, the more green, ewwww, beer was drunk.
Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 12:22 - Feb 21 with 1979 viewsDarth_Koont

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:41 - Feb 21 by Guthrum

Turning that around: The Jews have been exiled from their ancestral homeland for many centuries, much of that time undergoing social exclusion and vicious persecution, unprotected by the governments they lived under. This on top of a tradition of exile and return (By The Rivers Of Babylon, etc.).

Eventually, a (secular) Jewish state is established - with UN approval - but is instantly attacked by its neighbours, some of whom to this day have an official policy that it should cease to exist.

Is it, then, surprising that Jewish people should feel wary of too strident a criticism of Israel, lest they end up siding with those who seek its outright destruction?

"Is it, then, surprising that Jewish people should feel wary of too strident a criticism of Israel, lest they end up siding with those who seek its outright destruction?"

Well, the Israeli government already reject and deflect any criticism now with precisely the argument that it's connected to their worst enemies' agenda and coming from the worst place, i.e. antisemitism.

That's even with Jewish Israeli-American Natalie Portman saying she didn't want to receive an award from Netanyahu in the wake of his nation-state policies which are widely condemned as racist. Immediately a government minister accuses Portman's refusal as being borderline antisemitic and allying with the BDS who of course in their eyes are driven by antisemitism and a desire to see Israel's destruction.

This is exactly why the "anti-Israel = antisemitism" idea that's been pushed even outside Israel needs to be fought.It's preventing legitimate and softer criticism even from Israelis or Jews around the world and worsening the chances of a peaceful resolution. That at a time when the illegal occupation of the West Bank is getting worse and more Palestinian territory is being taken that ends up pushing an equitable and balanced solution even further away.

I think it's awful for the US in particular to be pouring money and military aid into that situation. But, IMO, it's equally bad that more dove-ish voices in the rest of the world are effectively being muzzled too by the pretty extremist intolerance towards criticism.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 12:41 - Feb 21 with 1961 viewsDarth_Koont

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 11:44 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

It certainly would be and I don't think that's the case at all.

The stat is 8 out of 10 Jews express an affinity for Israel which I completely understand for the same reasons you mention. That's fine.

But my point is that Jewishness and Israel are tied up so closely together — even with Israel, with no mention of Jewishness or the Jewish State, forming a major part of the IHRA definition and examples. With that in mind, plus how Israel consistently appeals to the diaspora Jews, is it so strange to ask Jewish people, in general terms as a community of course, to condemn those racist policies more?

It seems a strange discussion when being utterly objective is taken off the table because it conflicts with someone's subjectively and selectively applied rights.

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 13:41 - Feb 21 with 1925 viewsRyorry

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 12:41 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

It certainly would be and I don't think that's the case at all.

The stat is 8 out of 10 Jews express an affinity for Israel which I completely understand for the same reasons you mention. That's fine.

But my point is that Jewishness and Israel are tied up so closely together — even with Israel, with no mention of Jewishness or the Jewish State, forming a major part of the IHRA definition and examples. With that in mind, plus how Israel consistently appeals to the diaspora Jews, is it so strange to ask Jewish people, in general terms as a community of course, to condemn those racist policies more?

It seems a strange discussion when being utterly objective is taken off the table because it conflicts with someone's subjectively and selectively applied rights.

It might be me, as chronically tired these days & brain not particularly sharp! but am finding it difficult to work out exactly what you (and a few others) mean in your posts, incl here.

Not sure what the "it" is that you're referring to in your first para.

In your 3rd, don't think it's "strange" to ask them, just wrong. Some people of Jewish descent living elsewhere in the world are very assimilated, a-religious, and don't have anything to do with Israel at all. Others may be interested in global politics, peace & justice, and already condemn Israeli governmental policies.

Not sure I really understand your last point, but seems to me there are so many complexities subtleties and nuances inherant in this topic that it's impossible to be "utterly objective". I didn't much like the chauvinism of many Israeli people that I found when I was working on kibbutzim for 7 months in the early 70s, but I totally understand this and their extremely defensive mindset, from which everything else stems, given that they were then and still are regularly attacked by rocket fire etc from an organisation which still has as its central tenet, the extermination of the state of Israel. I disagree with their current Government's methods of dealing with the problem, and so do many Israelis! who don't always get what they want via the ballot box - sound familiar?!

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 13:47 - Feb 21 with 1911 viewsDarth_Koont

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 13:41 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

It might be me, as chronically tired these days & brain not particularly sharp! but am finding it difficult to work out exactly what you (and a few others) mean in your posts, incl here.

Not sure what the "it" is that you're referring to in your first para.

In your 3rd, don't think it's "strange" to ask them, just wrong. Some people of Jewish descent living elsewhere in the world are very assimilated, a-religious, and don't have anything to do with Israel at all. Others may be interested in global politics, peace & justice, and already condemn Israeli governmental policies.

Not sure I really understand your last point, but seems to me there are so many complexities subtleties and nuances inherant in this topic that it's impossible to be "utterly objective". I didn't much like the chauvinism of many Israeli people that I found when I was working on kibbutzim for 7 months in the early 70s, but I totally understand this and their extremely defensive mindset, from which everything else stems, given that they were then and still are regularly attacked by rocket fire etc from an organisation which still has as its central tenet, the extermination of the state of Israel. I disagree with their current Government's methods of dealing with the problem, and so do many Israelis! who don't always get what they want via the ballot box - sound familiar?!

I understand the Israelis too but I don't agree with their approach to peace or their treatment of Palestinians in objective terms.

Of course, it's complex. But my point is that the insistence on making it black and white to dismiss criticism isn't helping. Yes, a black and white approach to any form of racism should be possible. But when there's the complication of a country being involved I think you need to allow a grey area and not immediately try to cut off criticism you don't like.

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:02 - Feb 21 with 1881 viewsRyorry

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 13:47 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

I understand the Israelis too but I don't agree with their approach to peace or their treatment of Palestinians in objective terms.

Of course, it's complex. But my point is that the insistence on making it black and white to dismiss criticism isn't helping. Yes, a black and white approach to any form of racism should be possible. But when there's the complication of a country being involved I think you need to allow a grey area and not immediately try to cut off criticism you don't like.

Personally, I don't think being critical of current Israeli governmental policies is antisemitic, and I've pointed out that many Jewish people both within and outside Israel already are, but of course much depends on the context of each individual criticism.

Machiavellian manoeuvres the world over from politicians are to be expected! so of course Netanyahu & co. are going to use the "antisemitic" accusation wherever they can - sadly, it's just another version of our Tories hurling around old tags such as "Labour are reckless with the UK economy" - tho in the case of Israeli politics, the ramifications are of course even more fundamental and serious.

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:04 - Feb 21 with 1878 viewsRyorry

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:02 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

Personally, I don't think being critical of current Israeli governmental policies is antisemitic, and I've pointed out that many Jewish people both within and outside Israel already are, but of course much depends on the context of each individual criticism.

Machiavellian manoeuvres the world over from politicians are to be expected! so of course Netanyahu & co. are going to use the "antisemitic" accusation wherever they can - sadly, it's just another version of our Tories hurling around old tags such as "Labour are reckless with the UK economy" - tho in the case of Israeli politics, the ramifications are of course even more fundamental and serious.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/21/benjamin-netanyahu-strikes-deal-wi

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:11 - Feb 21 with 1845 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:02 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

Indeed. I didn't want to get involved in this today but just to reinforce your point. Yes of course Netanyahu will use antisemitism to shut down the debate. Just as Mugabe used to play the race card to shut down criticism of his awful human rights record.

That doesn't mean that antisemitism and racism isn't real.

The IHRA definition with all of it's examples does not shut down legitimate criticism. I've lost count of the number of times I have posted this from Peter Tatchell.

But in all the time I have posted on the subject, and the endless links showing examples of vile antisemitic abuse, I have never once said legitimate criticism of Israel is antisemitic or put forward a link that was legitimate criticism of Israel and claimed it to be antisemitic.

But DK, in every thread on the subject attempts to muddy the waters with rambling posts that always involves the Israel lobby concating fake antisemitism, none of which has ever been relevant to the debate.

Iron Lion Zion

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:13 - Feb 21 with 1868 viewsDarth_Koont

I agree completely.

But the problem is that while debate is being shut down and critics are being dismissed or smeared, the prospects of a two-state solution and any viable peace get less and less based on what is happening in the Palestinian territories.

Our own politicians need to be doing more and lessening the hawkish, more extreme elements both inside and outside Israel, but it's becoming more and more career suicide to take a stand.

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:19 - Feb 21 with 1859 viewsDarth_Koont

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:04 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/21/benjamin-netanyahu-strikes-deal-wi

Yeah, this just feels so wrong for 2019. As wrong as a Trump or a no-deal Brexit and appealing to exactly the wrong sentiments in the face of all evidence we have from history and from around the world.

There is no place for extremist beliefs that end up diverting more reasoned policy. And it certainly creates more problems than solutions.

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 15:19 - Feb 21 with 1822 viewsRyorry

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:19 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, this just feels so wrong for 2019. As wrong as a Trump or a no-deal Brexit and appealing to exactly the wrong sentiments in the face of all evidence we have from history and from around the world.

There is no place for extremist beliefs that end up diverting more reasoned policy. And it certainly creates more problems than solutions.

Horrendous isn't it.

Proportional representation - hmm - we'd better "be careful what you wish for"!

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 15:33 - Feb 21 with 1804 viewsDarth_Koont

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 15:19 - Feb 21 by Ryorry

Horrendous isn't it.

Proportional representation - hmm - we'd better "be careful what you wish for"!

Re: PR at least we'd know in advance what the policies would be as coalition parties would look to release a combined manifesto in addition to their individual statements about what they stand for and want to affect.

Problem is that our government has been held hostage by religious nutters, right-wingers and UKIP without explicitly making that clear beforehand. So it becomes a stated policy after the event rather than something any of us could have voted for.

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 18:15 - Feb 21 with 1738 viewsDarth_Koont

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 14:11 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. I didn't want to get involved in this today but just to reinforce your point. Yes of course Netanyahu will use antisemitism to shut down the debate. Just as Mugabe used to play the race card to shut down criticism of his awful human rights record.

That doesn't mean that antisemitism and racism isn't real.

The IHRA definition with all of it's examples does not shut down legitimate criticism. I've lost count of the number of times I have posted this from Peter Tatchell.

But in all the time I have posted on the subject, and the endless links showing examples of vile antisemitic abuse, I have never once said legitimate criticism of Israel is antisemitic or put forward a link that was legitimate criticism of Israel and claimed it to be antisemitic.

But DK, in every thread on the subject attempts to muddy the waters with rambling posts that always involves the Israel lobby concating fake antisemitism, none of which has ever been relevant to the debate.

It's not relevant or helpful to your version of the debate no. In fact, even watching and commenting on a video would be positively fatal so best keep dodging that.

Your misrepresentation of my views continues unabated. I've said that genuine antisemitism exists but that it's also being boosted and weaponised for other agendas, similar to your long-standing and multi-layered anti-Corbyn agenda. The two aren't mutually exclusive and I'm sure you also genuinely abhor antisemitism at the same time as you like finding a target for that anger. You may even actually believe Corbyn is responsible. I can't really tell based on your posts and love of political game-playing over the past years.

But personally, I think spreading unnecessary additional fear for political purposes should also not be tolerated. So let's discuss the evidence there without conflating it with the antisemitism that we already know and accept exists.

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:55 - Feb 22 with 1620 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interesting development.

Rachel Riley and Tracey Ann Oberman have instructed Mark Lewis, the man who bankrupted Katie Hopkins and shut down the News of The World.

Iron Lion Zion

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 09:16 - Feb 22 with 1611 viewsZedRodgers

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 08:55 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Interesting development.

Rachel Riley and Tracey Ann Oberman have instructed Mark Lewis, the man who bankrupted Katie Hopkins and shut down the News of The World.

Yes, I'd seen him berating and trying to intimidate people with legal threats on Twitter. Something he has form for of course.

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/mark-lewis-fined-2500-for-offensive-tweets/5068

I acknowledge there are some legitimate cases of antisemitism that have been raised by Riley and Oberman, but some of the so-called 'attacks' are as petty as things like this:

Taking legal action against a 17 year old girl for that is simply ridiculous. All she is doing here is suggesting Riley and Oberman's trolls dog-piling another 16 year old girl was wrong. Very, very strange behaviour.

I know you're trying to present this as another example of how antisemitism has snowballed in Labour under Corbyn, but starting afresh here after not addressing any of the points in my post that you ignored and saying you're fed up of talking about it doesn't really add up.

No, not at the moment

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 09:22 - Feb 22 with 1604 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 09:16 - Feb 22 by ZedRodgers

Yes, I'd seen him berating and trying to intimidate people with legal threats on Twitter. Something he has form for of course.

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/mark-lewis-fined-2500-for-offensive-tweets/5068

I acknowledge there are some legitimate cases of antisemitism that have been raised by Riley and Oberman, but some of the so-called 'attacks' are as petty as things like this:

Taking legal action against a 17 year old girl for that is simply ridiculous. All she is doing here is suggesting Riley and Oberman's trolls dog-piling another 16 year old girl was wrong. Very, very strange behaviour.

I know you're trying to present this as another example of how antisemitism has snowballed in Labour under Corbyn, but starting afresh here after not addressing any of the points in my post that you ignored and saying you're fed up of talking about it doesn't really add up.

I'm not suggesting anything other than linking that RR and TAO are taking legal action against twitter trolls.

Probably not very wise of you to retweet the libelous claim that they were harassing a 16 year old girl zed.

Iron Lion Zion

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 09:30 - Feb 22 with 1594 viewsZedRodgers

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 09:22 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not suggesting anything other than linking that RR and TAO are taking legal action against twitter trolls.

Probably not very wise of you to retweet the libelous claim that they were harassing a 16 year old girl zed.

I didn't retweet it?

If you can't see the problem with a load of anonymous Twitter accounts piling onto a 16 year old girl and trying to find out personal information about her off the back of Riley and Oberman's false accusations then you truly are a lost cause.

No, not at the moment

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 09:32 - Feb 22 with 1589 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hatton suspended by Labour for 2012 ant-semitic tweet on 09:30 - Feb 22 by ZedRodgers

I didn't retweet it?

If you can't see the problem with a load of anonymous Twitter accounts piling onto a 16 year old girl and trying to find out personal information about her off the back of Riley and Oberman's false accusations then you truly are a lost cause.

You linked it.

I make no comment. I'm not aware of what you say happened. I purely linked the tweet that TAO and RR have instructed lawyers to take action against people spreading what they believe are libelous stories about them.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 9:33]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024