Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws still a long way off apparently 14:02 - Feb 21 with 1525 viewsElderGrizzly

He was on the bench a few games ago and I thought Lambert said he only had a minor setback?

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:12 - Feb 21 with 1469 viewsMrTown

#ANewEra

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:15 - Feb 21 with 1457 viewsArnieM

A total waste of effing space the pair of them. Expect they’ll suddenly be fit when their contracts are up for renewal .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:17 - Feb 21 with 1437 viewsfooters

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:15 - Feb 21 by ArnieM

A total waste of effing space the pair of them. Expect they’ll suddenly be fit when their contracts are up for renewal .

Oh good, another poster who believes players feign injury for money. They're professional footballers- who will give them a new contract if they haven't been playing?

And I'm sure the surgeries were an obvious a set-up too.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:18 - Feb 21 with 1427 viewsKieran_Knows

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:15 - Feb 21 by ArnieM

Adeyemi is out of contract in 4 months .....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:23 - Feb 21 with 1397 viewsHerbivore

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:17 - Feb 21 by footers

Oh good, another poster who believes players feign injury for money. They're professional footballers- who will give them a new contract if they haven't been playing?

Some of our fans, as well as lacking a bit upstairs, also seem to lack basic empathy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:26 - Feb 21 with 1377 viewsElderGrizzly

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:18 - Feb 21 by Kieran_Knows

Adeyemi is out of contract in 4 months .....

Yep. End of the line for him here, but Huws has another 2 years.

Hopefully we’ll finally see him in a town shirt, as he would be a ringer in L1
Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:55 - Feb 21 with 1264 viewsArnieM

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:17 - Feb 21 by footers

I haven’t said they are feinging injury . But they’re no bloody good to this club being constantly sidelined, are they! Huws was a bloody sick note before we even signed him . That’s why Cardiff got shot of him ( and why we were even able to afford him). What a costly, minimal contribution, signing he’s turned out to be.

Adyeami’s situation has taken far longer to identify the true source of his pain and to therefore sort out. I think he’s only recently had an Achilles operation. As to his mental capacity , well that’s a different issue, which given the professional status of the athlete you would have thought he would every conceivable door open to him to seek appropriate treatment.

I don’t doubt that both players want to be playing . Of course they do. But my comment is directed at their collective use to this Club over the past two seasons. I honestly dobtnthink either will pull on a Town shirt again.

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:01 - Feb 21 with 1233 viewsWithnail

Great signing, Mick.
Login to get fewer ads

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:08 - Feb 21 with 1206 viewsDarth_Koont

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:01 - Feb 21 by Withnail

Great signing, Mick.

Agreed. He was/potentially still is.

An excellent player who was only affordable and available to us due to his injury issues but hasn't got a break since. But if he can come back like Teddy then he'd be massive for us.

Pronouns: He/Him

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:13 - Feb 21 with 1180 viewsHarry_Palmer

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:55 - Feb 21 by ArnieM

I haven’t said they are feinging injury . But they’re no bloody good to this club being constantly sidelined, are they! Huws was a bloody sick note before we even signed him . That’s why Cardiff got shot of him ( and why we were even able to afford him). What a costly, minimal contribution, signing he’s turned out to be.

Adyeami’s situation has taken far longer to identify the true source of his pain and to therefore sort out. I think he’s only recently had an Achilles operation. As to his mental capacity , well that’s a different issue, which given the professional status of the athlete you would have thought he would every conceivable door open to him to seek appropriate treatment.

I don’t doubt that both players want to be playing . Of course they do. But my comment is directed at their collective use to this Club over the past two seasons. I honestly dobtnthink either will pull on a Town shirt again.

How do you know that Adyemi has any sort of issue with his mental health?

Are you a close friend or a relative? I'd love to know how you would be privy to such information.
Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:15 - Feb 21 with 1166 viewsArnieM

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:08 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

An excellent player who was only affordable and available to us due to his injury issues but hasn't got a break since. But if he can come back like Teddy then he'd be massive for us.

I agree . Huws is exactly what we need right now , desperately so. But just like McGoldrick, I honestly don’t think he will be there in the mix for us. We bought damaged / injury prone goods ( in both cases) so this is what we get. It’s a gamble / risk, but as we can see with our Club , “ good luck” is rarely mentioned in the same breath these days is if.

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:17 - Feb 21 with 1154 viewsHerbivore

Huws still a long way off apparently on 14:55 - Feb 21 by ArnieM

I remember it well, our fans up in arms when after an excellent loan spell we were looking to sign Huws permanently. "Don't sign him, Mick!", we shouted as one, "He might get injured!".

TWTD.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:26 - Feb 21 with 1123 viewsDarth_Koont

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:15 - Feb 21 by ArnieM

I agree . Huws is exactly what we need right now , desperately so. But just like McGoldrick, I honestly don’t think he will be there in the mix for us. We bought damaged / injury prone goods ( in both cases) so this is what we get. It’s a gamble / risk, but as we can see with our Club , “ good luck” is rarely mentioned in the same breath these days is if.

I agree on the whole. But I think when we gamble on affordable, talented players then injury concerns/athletic issues that lower their value are often going to be around.

We could of course go the other way and recruit less talented players who are athletes but that gamble backfires when they're just not up to it even when available or the team as a whole suffers. I think that's what we saw with too many of Hurst's signings.

Of course, we are more reliant on luck and players being fit or just working out given our lack of depth. That's why we had a midfield and attacking crisis last year when we were missing Huws, Bishop, McGoldrick, Dozzell and Adeyemi. Most other clubs in the division could bring in similarish players from their squad. But having all of them missing from that central and attacking area of the pitch at the same time and for pretty much most of the season was a real killer for us.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 15:27]

Pronouns: He/Him

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:30 - Feb 21 with 1100 viewsWickets

Huws still a long way off apparently on 15:08 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

And lets not forget this board was going mad when it seemed we would not pay the fee to sign him ! usual double standards from some on here!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024