Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Harper/Frank Harper 15:09 - Feb 21 with 1329 viewsjontysnut

Sorry if this is old news. I was leafing through one of the hoolie books in Smiths (honest) and there was a chapter on geezerish actor and professional Millwall fan Frank Harper - The Football Factory, Lock Stock etc. Turns out his dad was David Harper who played 72 times for the Town in the mid sixties. He was at Millwall previously. He tells the story of his dad while zr Town being told to get all over Bobby Moore. Didn't work - he came off bedraggled having lost 4-0 and Moore looked like he'd just put his kit on.
David Harper/Frank Harper on 16:33 - Feb 21 with 1233 viewsPJH

Dave Harper was our first ever used substitute-not many people know that.

Substitutes were originally only to replace a player that had to leave the pitch due to injury and Dave Harper replaced Frank Brogan away at Charlton 28th August 1965.
David Harper/Frank Harper on 16:55 - Feb 21 with 1201 viewsRocky

As I recall, Dave Harper was a lanky, not particularly skillful wing-half [as we called them in those days], signed by Bill McGarry. He did the job though as we were promoted with him and Cyril Lea in defensive midfield roles, the likes of Danny Hegan providing the skill and flair.
David Harper/Frank Harper on 17:01 - Feb 21 with 1193 viewsPJH

David Harper/Frank Harper on 16:55 - Feb 21 by Rocky

As I recall, Dave Harper was a lanky, not particularly skillful wing-half [as we called them in those days], signed by Bill McGarry. He did the job though as we were promoted with him and Cyril Lea in defensive midfield roles, the likes of Danny Hegan providing the skill and flair.

He was as you describe but he had left before we got promoted in 1967/68.
We ended 1967/68 with Peter Morris at winghalf.,Cyril Lea only played 4 games that season.
David Harper/Frank Harper on 17:10 - Feb 21 with 1173 viewsRocky

David Harper/Frank Harper on 17:01 - Feb 21 by PJH

He was as you describe but he had left before we got promoted in 1967/68.
We ended 1967/68 with Peter Morris at winghalf.,Cyril Lea only played 4 games that season.

Ah, ok. Peter Morris was a big improvement!
David Harper/Frank Harper on 20:45 - Feb 21 with 1061 viewsWeWereZombies

Dave Harper moved into Ray Crawford's old house when Crawford went to Wolves (or at some point shortly after), that means I was living a few doors down from this infamous hoolie. Still, at least we still only around primary school age. Maybe Frank Harper has not even been born then, I only ever noticed Dave Harper going into that house.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024