Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we covered the Dutch historian chap taking down Tucker Carlson? 09:23 - Feb 22 with 482 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/20/historian-who-confronted-davos-b

This really is worth watching till the end. Wonderful take down of Carlson.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have we covered the Dutch historian chap taking down Tucker Carlson? on 10:06 - Feb 22 with 436 viewsBluefish

The way immigration is being drummed home (excuse the pun) by the media sickening. I read my local news website daily and the comments were always good for a laugh in the past, now no matter what the story it is comments full of right wing anti immigration hate. My timeline is now full of what I deemed normal people joining the bandwagon on immigration due to Shamima Begum. It is sickening to see people treat people in this way.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Have we covered the Dutch historian chap taking down Tucker Carlson? on 10:12 - Feb 22 with 424 viewsDarth_Koont

Beautiful to see how the mood changes when Carlson realises he's not exempt from the attack.

I'll have to look Bregman and his book up. Sounds interesting. And I loved his line at the end of the article re: Davos which seems to encapsulate a lot of politics and how people, particularly leaders and influencers, choose to see the world and the major issues.

"Bregman has long been making the case for higher taxes, plus a raft of other measures to rethink the way the world works, including a shorter working week and a universal basic income. He was invited to Davos after his book, Utopia for Realists, became a hit with many leaders and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs.

But after spending a week there, he was amazed at many of the attendees’ lack of self-awareness. “It feels like I’m at a firefighters’ conference and no one’s allowed to speak about water”, he said."

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024