Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry up the creek 10:16 - Feb 22 with 7175 viewsStourbridgeblue

Looks like Coventry could be expelled from the league. https://www.efl.com/news/2019/february/efl-statement-coventry-city

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

Coventry up the creek on 10:28 - Feb 22 with 5175 viewsGuthrum

Quite a desperate situation for the club: https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/statement-coventry-city-confirm-receip

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Coventry up the creek on 10:38 - Feb 22 with 5139 viewsTractorCam

Just let them play at Wembley for 2 years.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Coventry up the creek on 10:46 - Feb 22 with 5113 viewshatch

My mate is a big Cov fan and it does put our demise into perspective when you look at them. What an awful couple of decades it has been for them.
Coventry up the creek on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 5077 viewsBluefish

Coventry up the creek on 10:46 - Feb 22 by hatch

My mate is a big Cov fan and it does put our demise into perspective when you look at them. What an awful couple of decades it has been for them.

My in laws are. I think that is partly why I have a bit more perspective on our plight.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Coventry up the creek on 11:59 - Feb 22 with 4899 viewsBrentwoodBlagger

Coventry up the creek on 10:38 - Feb 22 by TractorCam

Just let them play at Wembley for 2 years.

Coventry clearly don't have the funds to pay off the EFL like Spurs have done with the FA - this is a total joke. Spurs potentially have used three grounds as home grounds this season - I thought that this was not permitted under FA Rules.........
Coventry up the creek on 12:14 - Feb 22 with 4830 viewsRyorry

Same here, have Cov supporting friend.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Coventry up the creek on 12:29 - Feb 22 with 4781 viewsuefacup81

I'm disappointed that the EFL have made this public in the way they have.

SISU hardly have form for acting in the best interests of CCFC, and this will just give them a sound reason to up their asking price.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Coventry up the creek on 12:31 - Feb 22 with 4751 viewsBluefish

Coventry up the creek on 12:29 - Feb 22 by uefacup81

SISU hardly have form for acting in the best interests of CCFC, and this will just give them a sound reason to up their asking price.

This has been common knowledge all season

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry up the creek on 12:33 - Feb 22 with 4751 viewsSuperblue95

They won’t get kicked out, it’s an empty threat. Same as the threats for points deductions to Birmingham, Bolton, Leeds, etc

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Coventry up the creek on 12:34 - Feb 22 with 4744 viewsFrimleyBlue

Coventry up the creek on 11:59 - Feb 22 by BrentwoodBlagger

Coventry clearly don't have the funds to pay off the EFL like Spurs have done with the FA - this is a total joke. Spurs potentially have used three grounds as home grounds this season - I thought that this was not permitted under FA Rules.........

You have to have 1 ground share in place for the season, in spurs case, Wembley.
If Wembley for any reason isn't available, they can play where ever they like provided they provide the league with enough notice.

We have similar with Guildford who are groundsharing at Godalming, but have had to play at ours and westfield too.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Coventry up the creek on 12:38 - Feb 22 with 4716 viewsgiant_stow

Why won't the council and wasps just do a deal to let them play at the ricoh. (or however it's spelt)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Coventry up the creek on 12:46 - Feb 22 with 4692 viewsWD19

So, before promotion/relegation has been settled (to ascertain which teams will actually be competing in the league next year) Coventry need to confirm where they will be playing!?

....what about those teams that we don't yet know if they will be in the league or not.....have they written and confirmed where they will be playing just in case?

As others have said, it is an empty threat. They won't be expelled as the other teams have no interest in making their life even more miserable.
Coventry up the creek on 12:46 - Feb 22 with 4690 viewsPJH

Coventry up the creek on 12:38 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

Why won't the council and wasps just do a deal to let them play at the ricoh. (or however it's spelt)

I think that it is spelt with a capital R.
At least they will there Till The End Of The Day.
Coventry up the creek on 12:55 - Feb 22 with 4648 viewsFrimleyBlue

Coventry up the creek on 12:46 - Feb 22 by WD19

So, before promotion/relegation has been settled (to ascertain which teams will actually be competing in the league next year) Coventry need to confirm where they will be playing!?

....what about those teams that we don't yet know if they will be in the league or not.....have they written and confirmed where they will be playing just in case?

As others have said, it is an empty threat. They won't be expelled as the other teams have no interest in making their life even more miserable.

It's not an empty threat. You have to provide full details of what ground you entend to use for the upcoming season regardless of leagues by March. It's an FA rule which covers all steps of FA level football.

Waka waka eh eh

Coventry up the creek on 13:00 - Feb 22 with 4630 viewsGlasgowBlue

Desperately sad for a club who in recent memory played in the Premier League.

I still remember their FA Cup win against Spurs as if it was yesterday. In my top 5 favourite FA Cup finals.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Coventry up the creek on 13:00 - Feb 22 with 4627 viewsgiant_stow

Coventry up the creek on 12:46 - Feb 22 by PJH

I think that it is spelt with a capital R.
At least they will there Till The End Of The Day.

No Waterloo sunset for them.

(not sure this works, but never mind)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Coventry up the creek on 13:01 - Feb 22 with 4627 viewschicoazul

Coventry up the creek on 10:28 - Feb 22 by Guthrum

Quite a desperate situation for the club: https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/statement-coventry-city-confirm-receip

Terrible whats happened over there. Cov are a grand old club, always competing well above their weight when I was young.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Coventry up the creek on 13:13 - Feb 22 with 4581 viewsRadlett_blue

Coventry up the creek on 12:29 - Feb 22 by uefacup81

Sisu aren't the problem as far as renting the Ricoh Arena is concerned. It is now owned by Wasps RFC & you would think that a deal can be done, although Wasps know that Coventry have no other realistic options so they are holding out for a high rent.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Coventry up the creek on 13:25 - Feb 22 with 4520 viewspimballwizard

Coventry up the creek on 13:00 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

No Waterloo sunset for them.

(not sure this works, but never mind)

Works for me

As does DEAD END STREET. .......
Coventry up the creek on 13:46 - Feb 22 with 4443 viewsitfcjoe

Coventry up the creek on 10:49 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

My in laws are. I think that is partly why I have a bit more perspective on our plight.

When people talk about being the next Blackpool, Coventry or Portsmouth I do wonder what planet they are on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Coventry up the creek on 13:54 - Feb 22 with 4402 viewsRadlett_blue

Coventry up the creek on 13:46 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

When people talk about being the next Blackpool, Coventry or Portsmouth I do wonder what planet they are on

If Evans wasn't prepared to keep losing the £5m or so that Town costs him annually, we could slip down the leagues. We're on the way and I don't feel hugely optimistic about next season, especially as many of our supporters will expect us to win every week.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Coventry up the creek on 13:54 - Feb 22 with 4404 viewsMullysplace1

My misses Is a Coventry fan. Her scarf hangs next to my Town one. Ive followed their problems now for a long time. Makes ours seem trivial.
Coventry up the creek on 14:10 - Feb 22 with 4339 viewsPinewoodblue

Coventry up the creek on 12:55 - Feb 22 by FrimleyBlue

It's not an empty threat. You have to provide full details of what ground you entend to use for the upcoming season regardless of leagues by March. It's an FA rule which covers all steps of FA level football.

If you set a deadline of 5th March but then add you won't do anything about it until the end of April then yes if is, at this time, an empty threat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Coventry up the creek on 14:18 - Feb 22 with 4296 viewsFrimleyBlue

Coventry up the creek on 14:10 - Feb 22 by Pinewoodblue

If you set a deadline of 5th March but then add you won't do anything about it until the end of April then yes if is, at this time, an empty threat.

Paperwork deadline is 5th march, you then have time after that for the FA to go through that paperwork. IF FA happy, you carry on, if there not, then yes they'd be removed from the league

Standard ground sharing procedures.

Waka waka eh eh

Coventry up the creek on 14:18 - Feb 22 with 4299 viewsHarry_Palmer

Coventry up the creek on 13:00 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Desperately sad for a club who in recent memory played in the Premier League.

I still remember their FA Cup win against Spurs as if it was yesterday. In my top 5 favourite FA Cup finals.

Yes that really was a great final.

I feel so sorry for their supporters, if ever I have wanted a very rich person ( with good intentions ) to come and rescue a football club it is now for Coventry City.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024