Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is brilliant from ITFC 14:04 - Feb 22 with 4140 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:08 - Feb 22 with 3435 viewschicoazul

I still dont know why he didnt just give her a hiding after the first few times, but thats just me and I am an ignorant idiot. This is a great thing for Ipswich to do and good on the bloke for raising awareness of this issue.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:10 - Feb 22 with 3393 viewsButterbing

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:08 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

I still dont know why he didnt just give her a hiding after the first few times, but thats just me and I am an ignorant idiot. This is a great thing for Ipswich to do and good on the bloke for raising awareness of this issue.

Have you watched the documentary?
This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:17 - Feb 22 with 3304 viewschicoazul

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:10 - Feb 22 by Butterbing

Not all of it yet, no.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:18 - Feb 22 with 3293 viewsButterbing

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:17 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

Not all of it yet, no.

You have watched some of it though? And you still think that advocating further violence is the answer? Yes, that is definitely ignorant.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 14:18]
This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:21 - Feb 22 with 3268 viewschicoazul

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:18 - Feb 22 by Butterbing

You have watched some of it though? And you still think that advocating further violence is the answer? Yes, that is definitely ignorant.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 14:18]

When did I say that? I said I dont know something, which is literally true.

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:34 - Feb 22 with 3179 viewsButterbing

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:21 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

Perhaps I have misunderstood your post. I read it as a suggestion that he should have given her "a hiding". Was that not what you meant?
This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:35 - Feb 22 with 3165 viewssparks

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:21 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

The psychology of this stuff is a big and difficult subject- but fundamental to understanding domestic abuse- irrespective of the genders involved.

If I have one complaint about the recent publicity around this case its that, because it is so extreme, it could encourage the view that domestic abuse against men is still a tiny proportion, and is only reflected by the odd extreme case. Its not.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:36 - Feb 22 with 3159 viewschicoazul

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:34 - Feb 22 by Butterbing

Perhaps I have misunderstood your post. I read it as a suggestion that he should have given her "a hiding". Was that not what you meant?

Thank you for asking. No. I said I dont know why he didnt.

Login to get fewer ads

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:40 - Feb 22 with 3133 viewsButterbing

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:36 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

Thank you for asking. No. I said I dont know why he didnt.

Yes, I get that you don't know that. However, the phrasing suggests that you think he should have done. Which is why I asked why you were advocating further violence.
This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:40 - Feb 22 with 3133 viewschicoazul

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:35 - Feb 22 by sparks

The psychology of this stuff is a big and difficult subject- but fundamental to understanding domestic abuse- irrespective of the genders involved.

If I have one complaint about the recent publicity around this case its that, because it is so extreme, it could encourage the view that domestic abuse against men is still a tiny proportion, and is only reflected by the odd extreme case. Its not.

I vaguely heard on the radio today that 1 in 3 domestic violence incidents are against men, but the vast majority are un-reported. So in that case....how do they know its 1 in 3?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:41 - Feb 22 with 3127 viewschicoazul

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:40 - Feb 22 by Butterbing

Yes, I get that you don't know that. However, the phrasing suggests that you think he should have done. Which is why I asked why you were advocating further violence.

Well, you asked for clarification and now you have it. Who knows how anyone would react in that situation?

on 14:43 - Feb 22 with 3102 views_

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:40 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

I vaguely heard on the radio today that 1 in 3 domestic violence incidents are against men, but the vast majority are un-reported. So in that case....how do they know its 1 in 3?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:48 - Feb 22 with 3067 viewssparks

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:40 - Feb 22 by chicoazul

I believe its survey based- and needs some caution. The types of violence are different- and the more severe end is more often male on female etc.

But it does seem clear that the figures are a good deal higher than is assumed by most. And its also clear that the facilities available for men (and possibly, the likelihood of being believed and supported over a woman making similar cross allegations) is a big issue.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:51 - Feb 22 with 3051 viewsPendejo

I can't help thinking Leeds are not the club's fans I'd like to be leading the team out against in this instance...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:51 - Feb 22 with 3046 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:10 - Feb 22 by Butterbing

It's a fascinating watch isn't it?.. albeit for all the wrong reasons, but I found myself being shocked at just how likeable he was and how easily he could have just been someone I knew.

Just goes to show these things can happen (or be happening) to anyone
This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:59 - Feb 22 with 2975 viewsNo9

'I still dont know why he didnt just give her a hiding after the first few times'

This shows you don't understand the issues or the law.
Not good!
This is brilliant from ITFC on 15:01 - Feb 22 with 2962 viewsitfcjoe

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:48 - Feb 22 by sparks

I believe its survey based- and needs some caution. The types of violence are different- and the more severe end is more often male on female etc.

But it does seem clear that the figures are a good deal higher than is assumed by most. And its also clear that the facilities available for men (and possibly, the likelihood of being believed and supported over a woman making similar cross allegations) is a big issue.

I know someone it happened to, it went to court, she was convicted despite spending thousands on a defence lawyer whilst he just took the one he was effectively given on the day and people on her side and others she speaks to still think he was abusing her

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 15:01 - Feb 22 with 2961 viewsButterbing

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:59 - Feb 22 by No9

'I still dont know why he didnt just give her a hiding after the first few times'

This shows you don't understand the issues or the law.
Not good!

To be fair he did then say he was an "ignorant idiot". A point with which I can wholeheartedly agree.
This is brilliant from ITFC on 15:07 - Feb 22 with 2913 viewsButterbing

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:51 - Feb 22 by King_of_Portman_Rd

It's a fascinating watch isn't it?.. albeit for all the wrong reasons, but I found myself being shocked at just how likeable he was and how easily he could have just been someone I knew.

Just goes to show these things can happen (or be happening) to anyone

It was a very interesting watch. As Sparks said the psychology is so complex. I have a huge amount of respect for him.
This is brilliant from ITFC on 15:09 - Feb 22 with 2901 viewsfooters

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:48 - Feb 22 by sparks

Yes, this is true. I can think of several exes who've hit me during arguments. Not much you can do but hold their arms to try to stop them. Of course then you get kicked in the nuts.

I'm not actually joking on this- maybe it's just my exes, but there seems to be a view that it's somehow OK for them to do it to you.

It would never have crossed my mind to report something like that as it doesn't seem severe enough to warrant it, which maybe is a problem. Then again, it's usually a one-off and this chap was repeatedly attacked so it's an ingrained behaviour. Sad times.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 15:11]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is brilliant from ITFC on 15:28 - Feb 22 with 2802 viewsnorth_stand77

The documentary watch this week actually had tears rolling down my face. He seems such a lovely bloke and I think this is a great thing for ITFC to do. He is a massive Leeds supporter so a really thoughtful gesture,

Well done Town
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 15:32]
This is brilliant from ITFC on 15:55 - Feb 22 with 2656 viewsDebsyAngel

This is brilliant from ITFC on 15:28 - Feb 22 by north_stand77

The documentary watch this week actually had tears rolling down my face. He seems such a lovely bloke and I think this is a great thing for ITFC to do. He is a massive Leeds supporter so a really thoughtful gesture,

Well done Town
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 15:32]

Same here - it made me cry. That poor guy. So nice to see him turning his life around, but I do fear what will happen once that cow gets let out of prison - surely she will be wanting to see her kids? That is a worrying thought.
This is brilliant from ITFC on 16:03 - Feb 22 with 2596 viewsChampionship

I can only imagine it is a bit like the boiling frog. It's so slowly ramped up that it becomea a huge problem very suddenly.

Might be talking rubbish but that is how I imagine these situations.
This is brilliant from ITFC on 16:23 - Feb 22 with 2512 viewsKembleBlue

This is brilliant from ITFC on 14:51 - Feb 22 by Pendejo

I can't help thinking Leeds are not the club's fans I'd like to be leading the team out against in this instance...

He's a Leeds Fan. Which makes Ipswich gesture something to be proud of and look at his reaction. Well done all.

This is brilliant from ITFC on 16:52 - Feb 22 with 2390 viewsLimitlessBlue

This is brilliant from ITFC on 16:23 - Feb 22 by KembleBlue

He's a Leeds Fan. Which makes Ipswich gesture something to be proud of and look at his reaction. Well done all.

Twas an Ipswich fan who e-mailed the club asking them to do something for Alex against Leeds

As someone who has had to stand by and witness a family member go through this for over 20 years, and before I knew them 30 years before that the fact Alex was able to come through his ordeal and build a better life for himelf and his kids struck a chord with me so credit to ipswich for listening and doing what they are doing.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024