Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going to Wales vs England tomorrow 22:01 - Feb 22 with 1223 viewsWickwar_Blue

11am train. Arrive in Cardiff at noon. 4 hours of “sampling the atmosphere” before heading into the cauldron.

Can’t wait. Anyone else been? Meant to be a hell of an atmosphere. Any bar tips?
Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 22:25 - Feb 22 with 1183 viewsle2blue

It's the best sporting venue and atmosphere in the UK, IMHO. Stadium literally in the city centre. Surrounded by bars and clubs. Should be cracking tomorrow as well. Cathedral road is pretty good, we're heading over for some real ale scoops and heard a few of the pubs are doing bbq's.

enjoy your day out.
Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 22:27 - Feb 22 with 1183 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Kiwi's used to be good if its still there off the arcade near St Mary's street. Slay the Dragons!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 23:43 - Feb 22 with 1113 viewsfloridablue

I'll be watching it in Orlando City at the Harp & Celt bar and a little worried us English might be outnumbered!
Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 02:15 - Feb 23 with 1069 viewsGuthrum

City Arms, up a side street practically opposite the entrance to the stadium. Cracking pub, been there before Cardiff away games. No idea what it's like on a rugby day.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 08:03 - Feb 23 with 981 viewsbluewein

My cringey story re Cardiff.

Around 2005 when I was young and stupid(er), I went to the Millenium Stadium for some one day festival. I remember the four main acts were The Coral, Razorlight, Foo Fighters and Oasis and the rest were pretty forgettable.

Afterwards we hit the city centre, which as others have pointed out surrounds the stadium. We were out and about having a few, when me and one of my mates started chatting to a couple of girls. At this point I'd had a few, and when we were asked what we did I told them without hesitation that we were footballers (young, dum and full of... remember) but didn't want to come across as too much of an arse (too late I know) so told them that we played for Brighton. I was the captain of the U21's and my 5'2 mate was our main striker.

One of them was fascinated by this, mainly because her old man was a Brighton fan who she said she'd try and get hold of on the phone as he'd be well happy to chat to a Brighton player. In the days when smart phones weren't invented and the thought of paying something like 12p a second to use internet on your phone was more scandalous than an Arsenal season ticket, this made the chat a little more tricky than first thought so I had to think on my feet. The only two youth players I could think of who played for Brighton at that moment were Jake Robinson and David Lee(???!!) So my mate became Jake and myself David.

I ended up chatting to this guy about the season we were having and what the plans were for the future. I thought I was winging it pretty well until the end of the conversation, where the guy pointed out that David Lee had left for Oldham the season before and that I should "get off the phone and leave my daughter the fook alone before I come down there and beat the sh1t out of you..." This response led to me asking "Jake" to stop getting beers in for everyone like a superstar and leave immediately.

7 years later, I was best man at his wedding and told this story which led to my ex giving me evil glares for the rest of the day and his wife hating me forever...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 08:56 - Feb 23 with 928 viewsPendejo

Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 02:15 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

City Arms, up a side street practically opposite the entrance to the stadium. Cracking pub, been there before Cardiff away games. No idea what it's like on a rugby day.

More pumps in this place than space for punters!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 09:13 - Feb 23 with 909 viewsSamuelowen88

As a Wales fan I am biased.

But there is no better sporting venue, for atmosphere and sound. In the world.
You can literally feel it through out your body.

No matter how big the game though, I have never had or seen any issues. Always friendly (even with the English) you could be sitting right next to opposition supporters. Makes the whole event special.

Hope you enjoy it but not too much

Poll: England v Wales Score

Going to Wales vs England tomorrow on 10:29 - Feb 23 with 851 viewsfactual_blue

You can repeatedly ask for a pint of brains, which is sort of amusing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024