Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies 07:42 - Feb 23 with 8205 viewsNo9

A case lodged in court for the lies on the side of the now infamous bus

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/22/legal-papers-lodged-boris-johnson-big-red-brexit-
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 07:54 - Feb 23 with 4808 viewsFelstow1978

Apologies No9 meant to upvote. The world will be a better place when Johnson has taken his last breath.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 08:13 - Feb 23 with 4786 viewsWeWereZombies

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 07:54 - Feb 23 by Felstow1978

Apologies No9 meant to upvote. The world will be a better place when Johnson has taken his last breath.

That is a bit harsh, Felstow. Johnson may be a divisive and misbehaving character but to wish him dead only stokes up resentment from the people that need to see beyond his solipsism. Anyway, I've given No 9 an uppie to counter your inadvertent downie. Just needs someone else to give an uppie in place of yours now. Benters?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 09:27 - Feb 23 with 4710 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s an individual with a clear political motivation.

Hope he has the money to finance this all the way. If he doesn’t, he’ll have to discontinue and pay Johnson’s costs.

It will be difficult to prove a deliberate intention to lie on Johnson’s part. That will require cogent evidence.
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 09:32 - Feb 23 with 4690 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 08:13 - Feb 23 by WeWereZombies

That is a bit harsh, Felstow. Johnson may be a divisive and misbehaving character but to wish him dead only stokes up resentment from the people that need to see beyond his solipsism. Anyway, I've given No 9 an uppie to counter your inadvertent downie. Just needs someone else to give an uppie in place of yours now. Benters?

Oh go on then just for teaching me a new word.....solipsism......lovely.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 09:41 - Feb 23 with 4683 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 09:27 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

Hope he has the money to finance this all the way. If he doesn’t, he’ll have to discontinue and pay Johnson’s costs.

It will be difficult to prove a deliberate intention to lie on Johnson’s part. That will require cogent evidence.

He's had repeated tickings off from the head of the Office For National Statistics for his mangling of the truth over the bus lies.

There'd also be an interesting case of the water cannons he pointlessly bought when Mayor of London, and indeed the boris bridge.

For one so opposed to 'big government', he seems quite happy to spend the taxpayers' money.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 09:50 - Feb 23 with 4648 viewsfactual_blue

If you refresh the page, you should be able to give a balancing upvote.

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:04 - Feb 23 with 4619 viewsLord_Lucan

That's harsh.

I'd love to go on a night on the razz with him.

Fascinating character.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:06 - Feb 23 with 4608 viewsStokieBlue

Wishing someone dead is never right no matter how much you disagree with them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:10 - Feb 23 with 4603 viewsWD19

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 09:41 - Feb 23 by factual_blue

He's had repeated tickings off from the head of the Office For National Statistics for his mangling of the truth over the bus lies.

There'd also be an interesting case of the water cannons he pointlessly bought when Mayor of London, and indeed the boris bridge.

For one so opposed to 'big government', he seems quite happy to spend the taxpayers' money.

I was sad about the bridge. Design wasn’t great, but I loved the concept. Most of the great landmarks in this country made no sense from a ROI perspective. We would be a much duller country without architectural follies.

#bringbackthebridge
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 4573 viewssparks

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:10 - Feb 23 by WD19

I was sad about the bridge. Design wasn’t great, but I loved the concept. Most of the great landmarks in this country made no sense from a ROI perspective. We would be a much duller country without architectural follies.

#bringbackthebridge

Agree. The bridge would have been fantastic.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 4574 viewsgordon

#bringbackthebridge

The bridge was an awful, pointless idea.
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:27 - Feb 23 with 4553 viewsfactual_blue

#bringbackthebridge

Most of those architectural landmarks were built either by Look At Me aristocrats or the Church, neither of whom were publicly accountable.

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 4521 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 09:27 - Feb 23 by Oxford_Blue

This Ball chap says it's about stopping politicians lying. He may be partisan or he may just be trying to make a name for himself, but the allegation will need to be looked at on its own merits anyway.

Johnson has doubled down on this statement over the past couple of years while his colleagues in the Leave campaign have backed away from it. Because it's a massively and unfairly misleading statement even without looking at the empty and vague NHS promise that's attached to it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:42 - Feb 23 with 4497 viewsBlueBadger

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:27 - Feb 23 by factual_blue

Most of those architectural landmarks were built either by Look At Me aristocrats or the Church, neither of whom were publicly accountable.

In all fairness, Boris fits firmly into the bracket of 'look at me aristo'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:50 - Feb 23 with 4484 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:42 - Feb 23 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, Boris fits firmly into the bracket of 'look at me aristo'.

Except there's no way he's actually an aristo, much as he might want to be one.

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:32 - Feb 23 with 4409 viewsmanchego

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 10:36 - Feb 23 by Darth_Koont

This Ball chap says it's about stopping politicians lying. He may be partisan or he may just be trying to make a name for himself, but the allegation will need to be looked at on its own merits anyway.

Johnson has doubled down on this statement over the past couple of years while his colleagues in the Leave campaign have backed away from it. Because it's a massively and unfairly misleading statement even without looking at the empty and vague NHS promise that's attached to it.

It's the idea that even if they had that money, they would spend any of it on the NHS.
That's the biggest lie.
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:42 - Feb 23 with 4391 viewsdavblue

I just saw him about half an hour ago in my town with a load of papers. There’s a boring story for you.
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:47 - Feb 23 with 4381 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:32 - Feb 23 by manchego

It's the idea that even if they had that money, they would spend any of it on the NHS.
That's the biggest lie.

Yes, but that sort of warm and woolly, we-support-the-NHS nonsense is part and parcel of modern politics. The figures themselves at least can be and were factually challenged and Johnson shouldn't have kept going back to them so readily.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 11:48]

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:47 - Feb 23 with 4377 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good on him. As Facters says Boris has already been called out by the ONS for a "clear misuse of statistics". There's no such thing as a Brexit boost - we've already lost more than the potential membership contribution savings through contracted growth and collapse of inward investment. And more money on top of this has been committed to industry and universities currently in receipt of EU funds. And to farmers.

He's been prove to be immoral. Let's find out if he's also broken the law (over and above his involvement in breaches of election funding laws of course) and then hopefully we can consign this friggin bus to the dustbin where it belongs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:48 - Feb 23 with 4375 viewsChampionship

I'm no legal expert so this might not be accurate but I would think this will end up being a publicity stunt for remain and little more.

We do send the EU the equivalent of £350m a week. We get a rebate but it's perfectly acceptable to propose that we spend the entire amount on the NHS rather than where the rebate currently goes. I doubt he's on shaky legal ground.

I wish remain weren't so easily impressed by meaningless stunts. I'm sure we could do much better, and achieve much more, if the time and investment which has gone into this was redirected in a manner which might actually help the cause.
Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:54 - Feb 23 with 4365 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:48 - Feb 23 by Championship

I'm no legal expert so this might not be accurate but I would think this will end up being a publicity stunt for remain and little more.

We do send the EU the equivalent of £350m a week. We get a rebate but it's perfectly acceptable to propose that we spend the entire amount on the NHS rather than where the rebate currently goes. I doubt he's on shaky legal ground.

I wish remain weren't so easily impressed by meaningless stunts. I'm sure we could do much better, and achieve much more, if the time and investment which has gone into this was redirected in a manner which might actually help the cause.

But there's no context for what that actually means. Imagine if you saw a job advertised for 25K pa and then you complained because you weren't getting 25K hitting your bank account? Obviously here, everyone knows what 25K actually means. In this situation very few people knew that 350million was a gross figure and grossly misleading too.

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 12:00 - Feb 23 with 4350 viewsBlueBadger

By, for example, not causing massive damage to the country's economic and social fabric by leaving the EU?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 12:00 - Feb 23 with 4357 viewsLord_Lucan

Power Corruption and Lies

Nice to see you this morning No9

After you left I remembered this.

Balance is the way forward.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 12:01 - Feb 23 with 4347 viewsSwansea_Blue

"We do send the EU the equivalent of £350m a week " - NO WE DON'T.

and

"it's perfectly acceptable to propose that we spend the entire amount on the NHS" - NO IT ISN'T. THERE ISN'T (AND WON'T BE) AN "ENTIRE AMOUNT" BECAUSE IT'S COSTING US MORE TO LEAVE.

Is that clear enough? How hard can this be?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 12:02 - Feb 23 with 4346 viewsChampionship

Boris Johnson & Big Red Bus lies on 11:54 - Feb 23 by Darth_Koont

But there's no context for what that actually means. Imagine if you saw a job advertised for 25K pa and then you complained because you weren't getting 25K hitting your bank account? Obviously here, everyone knows what 25K actually means. In this situation very few people knew that 350million was a gross figure and grossly misleading too.

It was pointed out repeatedly during the campaign. Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention knew it was the gross figure.

We should be looking to the future, not looking back and trying to change the facts of what actually happened. It was pointed out in every single debate that it was the gross figure.

I think remain should drop demands for a second referendum and instead push for an extension to article 50. It would be a key battle victory in the wider war. A referendum apparently takes 22 weeks to organise. Why not push for a six month extension? It's more reasonable. No MPs could be blamed for doing so even by the majority of leavers. There are many remain MPs in leave constituencies. This is the far more reasonable request and once they've given way on one thing and suddenly a referendum looks much more realistic we can put the pressure on again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024