Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? 10:29 - Feb 23 with 1492 viewssparks

Its been a while now. Time to settle in, get used to it and for them to knock off the rough edges.

It seems there is a fair bit of bickering going on between TMS folks and Talksport folks. Twitter spats between Agnew and some bloke called Liam Fisher at TS, amongst other things. Which is pretty sad.

I am still irritated by TS getting the coverage. Happily- they have not littered the coverage with ads. However, I dont have a DAB in the car, so cannot listen whilst driving. With Radio 4 I could make use of LW.

In terms of the actual coverage- Mark Nicholas would be well worthy of a spot on TMS. Some of the guests have had some interesting input. But the routine commentary crew seem to be below par. I'd much rather listen to Swanny or Tuffers than Darren Gough- just more entertaining and articulate characters. The Talksport bloke (who's name I forget- but he's not a cricketer) is not the man for ball by ball commentary imo.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 10:38]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1472 viewsITFC_Forever

Every bit a bad as I expected.

Bring back TMS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 10:45 - Feb 23 with 1461 viewsbournemouthblue

Darren Gough appeared on the Sky Sports Commentary the other day also

It seemed like a guest stint because he wasn't up with all the conversation the Sky team had been covering over the day

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 10:46 - Feb 23 with 1463 viewsEastTownBlue

I haven’t listened to it but I would rather Aggers stayed away from the Twitter spats. He is better than that and it does tend to come across as sour grapes regardless of the TS quality.

Mark Nicholas has always been a good cricket presenter.
What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 10:49 - Feb 23 with 1453 viewssparks

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 10:46 - Feb 23 by EastTownBlue

I haven’t listened to it but I would rather Aggers stayed away from the Twitter spats. He is better than that and it does tend to come across as sour grapes regardless of the TS quality.

Mark Nicholas has always been a good cricket presenter.

I think Aggers has just responded, quite reasonably, to some fairly spiky and unecessary stuff.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 10:56 - Feb 23 with 1440 viewsbontcho

I’ve not been that impressed. Certainly haven’t gone for the highbrow have they? Darren Gough grates with me and although some haven’t been too bad (Matt Prior in my opinion) it’s not been good overall.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 11:15 - Feb 23 with 1417 viewsGuthrum

Hasn't been as bad as I feared it might be, but lacks the avuncular warmth and polish of TMS. I am a fan of Mark Nicholas, since his time fronting the terrestrial TV highlights.

The lack of being able to listen in the car (I also cannot) is a serious shortcoming.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 08:14 - Feb 25 with 1282 viewsSaleAway

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 11:15 - Feb 23 by Guthrum

Hasn't been as bad as I feared it might be, but lacks the avuncular warmth and polish of TMS. I am a fan of Mark Nicholas, since his time fronting the terrestrial TV highlights.

The lack of being able to listen in the car (I also cannot) is a serious shortcoming.

For those of you stuggling to listen in the car - if you've got bluetooth, then there's a talksport app for Android ( and I would imagine iphone), so you can stream it, if you have a phone signal. Obviously, you'll use up some data, but I don't think its high rate.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 10:25 - Feb 25 with 1226 viewsDurovigutum

I've bought a plug in to the cigarette lighter Bluetooth and DAB thing for our Zafira. Works surprisingly well - it only cost £30. I bought a device in 2006 for my Saab that cost almost £200.
Login to get fewer ads

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 11:20 - Feb 25 with 1165 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

TMS have a much more polished production than TS, even the football coverage is inferior to the BBC.

Talksport have purchased the rights for the countries who's cricket boards are most desperate for quick cash, Sri Lanka, West Indies and South Africa next winter. Perhaps they are in for total overseas coverage for the long run?

I can't see them getting home series coverage, due to the excellent coverage of all county cricket matches by local BBC radio stations.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

What do we think of the Talksport cricket coverage? on 19:07 - Feb 25 with 1091 viewsstonojnr

I think its been alright personally what Ive caught, Goughy is well Goughy, but is he any worse than Swann/Tuffers (who Id accept both when they talk about the cricket are excellent...but are so rarely guided to do so by their co-commentator or the producer) so its not as good as TMS at its best, but TMS is rarely at those heady heights themselves these days.

Aggers and Vic Marks and one or two of the guest overseas commentators seem to be the only ones still doing ball by ball coverage and commentating for the radio audience, the rest and especially the new additions/ex players especially, are just stuck in bantz central, with Simon "can I think of an obscure irrelevant fact/stat to stump the scorer" Mann, for all his faults Blowers was still trying to describe the game as he saw it, not telling everyone what curry he had the night before or what film he was going to see later.

I mean you want to listen to some of the TMS T20 Blast coverage, its virtually unlistenable to, they dont describe hardly any of the game or action, which in T20 is near criminal because overs can pass so quickly and momentum swings rapidly between teams, and they are just stuck telling each other jokes and cracking up/corpsing and thinking that passes for commentary/journalism

Talksport isnt perfect, but its nothing as bad as that, and I dont know why Aggers is so prickly about it on twitter, its irrelevant who started moaning at who, he's a better broadcaster than that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024