Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutting if inevitable ... 17:18 - Feb 23 with 1463 viewsSomethingBlue

... because this is, after all, the season where we have to be bitten in the &rse in the worst possible way time after time. When that Rotherham goal went in I had started to wonder ...

That's probably us done now but hopefully we can get a big crowd in next week - ticket promotion isn't it? - and keep the season competitive for a while longer. Six points would seem doable even if all evidence says otherwise. It is nice to see that we are improving - I think that's clear - although I do wonder how much is down to players we may well not have next year.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:21 - Feb 23 with 1403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

except it would have been 7 plus goal difference.

My heart keeps saying we can beat Wigan and this and that.

My head said it was all over some time ago.

Even my heart is struggling find the points we would need now. The idea that Rotherham, Reading and Bolton don't pick up any more points is counter-balanced by the realisation we will struggle big time to pick up 10.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:25 - Feb 23 with 1372 viewsSomethingBlue

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:21 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

except it would have been 7 plus goal difference.

My heart keeps saying we can beat Wigan and this and that.

My head said it was all over some time ago.

Even my heart is struggling find the points we would need now. The idea that Rotherham, Reading and Bolton don't pick up any more points is counter-balanced by the realisation we will struggle big time to pick up 10.

I don't buy the goal difference thing, if we caught up then that would by default narrow down hugely. It's almost certainly academic anyway, but at least there is some hope now that we might go down fighting.

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:27 - Feb 23 with 1352 viewsHerbivore

Despite our improved performances our last 6 games have only yielded 3 points. The idea we can make up the gap is fanciful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:31 - Feb 23 with 1328 viewsSomethingBlue

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:27 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Despite our improved performances our last 6 games have only yielded 3 points. The idea we can make up the gap is fanciful.

Pretty much what I am saying. It's nice to see us starting to look competitive though, even if that's admittedly a minimum requirement.

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:41 - Feb 23 with 1265 viewsHerbivore

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:31 - Feb 23 by SomethingBlue

Pretty much what I am saying. It's nice to see us starting to look competitive though, even if that's admittedly a minimum requirement.

The performances have been a bit more heartening, I just don't think we really look like winning games, certainly not multiple games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:44 - Feb 23 with 1244 viewsFtnfwest

I’m hoping we’re using the next ten years bad luck up this season!
Gutting if inevitable ... on 18:36 - Feb 23 with 1137 viewsVaughan8

7 point plus gd is still slightly doable. The other two did 3xactly what we wanted. Draws are not good enough to stay up unfortunately.

If we had got a win, I’m sure the crowd next week would have been higher.
Gutting if inevitable ... on 18:46 - Feb 23 with 1090 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gutting if inevitable ... on 18:36 - Feb 23 by Vaughan8

7 point plus gd is still slightly doable. The other two did 3xactly what we wanted. Draws are not good enough to stay up unfortunately.

If we had got a win, I’m sure the crowd next week would have been higher.

No chance to make up the 10 pt difference that actually exists, no chance at all. We’ll finish bottom by some distance.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Gutting if inevitable ... on 19:16 - Feb 23 with 1035 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Gutting if inevitable ... on 17:25 - Feb 23 by SomethingBlue

I don't buy the goal difference thing, if we caught up then that would by default narrow down hugely. It's almost certainly academic anyway, but at least there is some hope now that we might go down fighting.

The "goal difference thing" is 16 goals to Reading (one of the teams 9 points ahead of us).

If they were to lose 3 matches that we win that would be a guaranteed turn around of 6 goals. To turn around 16 (assuming we won each game by 1 goal which is stretching credibility on current form anyway) would require them to be thrashed by an average of 4.3 goals in each of their 3 defeats when we win.

If we thrash Reading by at least 4 goals on Saturday I will accept the goal difference is not an issue. The fact we are unlikely to have a team on the pitch that between them has scored more than 4 goals all season does not inspire confidence in it happening.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024