Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black officials 18:56 - Feb 23 with 2362 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not really thought about this at all until I just saw the 4th official in the live match now. We don't seem to have many non-white officials do we? Probably even more under-represented than managers.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Black officials on 18:58 - Feb 23 with 2331 viewsfooters

Mike Dean is red and yellow.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Black officials on 20:14 - Feb 23 with 2169 viewsZedRodgers

I can only think of Uriah Rennie.

No, not at the moment

Black officials on 20:15 - Feb 23 with 2165 viewsFtnfwest

Black officials on 20:14 - Feb 23 by ZedRodgers

I can only think of Uriah Rennie.

Alf buksh
Black officials on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 2138 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its a real issue for the FA and the EFL and they are trying to address it.

I covered a function for The FA at the iPro late last year to discuss BAME managers and officials. The only coloured managers or officials in the whole room was Darren Moore and Paul Davis (ex Arsenal), Davis said that the level of racism even today is what makes most black players think about careers outside management.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 20:25]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Black officials on 20:26 - Feb 23 with 2122 viewsGogs

Black officials on 20:15 - Feb 23 by Ftnfwest

Alf buksh

Alf Buksh. There's a name from the past to send shudders down the spine of any Town fan. All together now: 'Alfie, you're a c...!'
Black officials on 20:28 - Feb 23 with 2105 viewsEastTownBlue

Black officials on 20:26 - Feb 23 by Gogs

Alf Buksh. There's a name from the past to send shudders down the spine of any Town fan. All together now: 'Alfie, you're a c...!'

Err ? How many matches did we lose with Alfie in charge ?
Black officials on 20:35 - Feb 23 with 2069 viewsSitfcB

Black officials on 20:23 - Feb 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

I covered a function for The FA at the iPro late last year to discuss BAME managers and officials. The only coloured managers or officials in the whole room was Darren Moore and Paul Davis (ex Arsenal), Davis said that the level of racism even today is what makes most black players think about careers outside management.

Pride Park*

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Black officials on 20:38 - Feb 23 with 2062 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Black officials on 20:35 - Feb 23 by SitfcB

Pride Park*

You knew where I meant clearly

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Black officials on 20:42 - Feb 23 with 2058 viewsagentp

Black officials on 20:35 - Feb 23 by SitfcB

Pride Park*

We had a black female rugby official in the 2nd tier of rugby 15 years ago. She was, absolutely great and very well respected.

Can remember having a proper mass brawl. She stepped and said something like. "They threw proper punches in my last match so pack it in, don't embarrass yourselves." Would love to meet her again.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Black officials on 20:54 - Feb 23 with 2014 viewsbournemouthblue

The most under represented area in British football are Asians generally

I'm sure there are cultural reasons for that whether that is because they tend to favour other sports or just don't see football as a viable career path

BAME Coaches do seem to be filtering through but it is taking it's time, progress is being made at least
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 20:55]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Black officials on 15:59 - Feb 24 with 1682 viewsgainsboroughblue

Black officials on 20:26 - Feb 23 by Gogs

The great man of Dollis Hill was a lucky charm for us I thought.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Black officials on 16:12 - Feb 24 with 1654 viewsstig4532

We shouldn't allow people to be favoured in front of others based solely on the colour of their skin, that would be racist.
Black officials on 17:23 - Feb 24 with 1576 viewsPecker

There isn't any reason why they can't be, must just choose not to. I would be surprised if racism comes into it.
on 07:58 - Feb 25 with 1358 views_

Black officials on 09:09 - Feb 25 with 1302 viewsTwentyTwo

There are plenty of ethnic officials are bostik/conference levels, plently of which are very very good officials who will make the football league cut very soon. So expect to see more groups soon, including some very talented ladies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024