Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you think we will be a year from now? 22:10 - Feb 23 with 10449 viewsWorcester

My guess is mid table. No clubs, melts or fantasy thinking. I just feel we have the wrong owner.

Edit
Mid table league 1
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 22:11]
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:12 - Feb 23 with 6450 viewsChampionship

Top 6 of league one.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:21 - Feb 23 with 6403 viewsyorkshire

If we have a team that consists of a lot of those that played today then we will be top 6 League one for sure - be difficult to keep a few of them - like Bart and Keane but with a bit of confidence around the place then this team would be good enough for a promotion fight next yea
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:22 - Feb 23 with 6400 viewsbilllm

If we keep bishop downes lankaster, and can tie up Hughes and judge, top 3
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:27 - Feb 23 with 6387 viewsbilllm

Meant Keane, no idea where Hughes came from lol, beer lights maybe
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:40 - Feb 23 with 6354 viewsMattinLondon

Ripping up L1 - anyone who thinks otherwise is a defeatist arse.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 23:14 - Feb 23 with 6260 viewsLeagueOne

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:40 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

Ripping up L1 - anyone who thinks otherwise is a defeatist arse.

We lost to Exeter this season. They are not even in the top 6 of League Two. I'd love to be optimistic but losing 50% of our income, FFP and having to sell players to ensure we don't go under will mean League One will be a challenge, see Sunderland, it's not a walk in the park. That's not defeatism, that's understanding the challenge.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:33 - Feb 24 with 6145 viewsrgp1

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 23:14 - Feb 23 by LeagueOne

We lost to Exeter this season. They are not even in the top 6 of League Two. I'd love to be optimistic but losing 50% of our income, FFP and having to sell players to ensure we don't go under will mean League One will be a challenge, see Sunderland, it's not a walk in the park. That's not defeatism, that's understanding the challenge.

Spot on and Sunderland ain't exactly pulling up trees. More to the point how do you market wycombe or Walsall at home on the opening day. Yes if your 10 points clear at Christmas every man and his dog will want tickets but other than that the club faces a conundrum, otherwise why would they ask fans for there views on this most important of subjects?
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:42 - Feb 24 with 6125 viewsStNeotsBlue

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:33 - Feb 24 by rgp1

Spot on and Sunderland ain't exactly pulling up trees. More to the point how do you market wycombe or Walsall at home on the opening day. Yes if your 10 points clear at Christmas every man and his dog will want tickets but other than that the club faces a conundrum, otherwise why would they ask fans for there views on this most important of subjects?

Sunderland are well in the hunt for the top 2. I think we'll be there or there abouts challenging, our recent performances have been very encouraging we aren't playing like a team that has thrown the towel in.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 0:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:54 - Feb 24 with 6099 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Top of league one

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:55 - Feb 24 with 6092 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

11th in League One

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:02 - Feb 24 with 6079 viewsrgp1

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:42 - Feb 24 by StNeotsBlue

Sunderland are well in the hunt for the top 2. I think we'll be there or there abouts challenging, our recent performances have been very encouraging we aren't playing like a team that has thrown the towel in.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 0:46]

I agree it's just that the damage has been inflicted over a period of time could take a longer period of time to recover from. For example we are relegated because we lost 48 goals from last season. Where are those 48 goals going to come from?
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:13 - Feb 24 with 6063 viewsStNeotsBlue

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:02 - Feb 24 by rgp1

I agree it's just that the damage has been inflicted over a period of time could take a longer period of time to recover from. For example we are relegated because we lost 48 goals from last season. Where are those 48 goals going to come from?

No idea, but I still think we'll ok next year. We've some quality coming through and I got chatting to a Southampton season ticket holder yesterday in my local and he loved their spell in League 1 as they won games and gained momentum. Their youth gained experience and got used to expecting to win games which is a good habit.

It could all go all go horribly wrong but recent performances have been encouraging, maybe too late though.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:23 - Feb 24 with 6040 viewsjeera

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:55 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

11th in League One

No dibs on 15th?

Top 6.

She'll be right - no worries.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:31 - Feb 24 with 6022 viewsrgp1

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:13 - Feb 24 by StNeotsBlue

No idea, but I still think we'll ok next year. We've some quality coming through and I got chatting to a Southampton season ticket holder yesterday in my local and he loved their spell in League 1 as they won games and gained momentum. Their youth gained experience and got used to expecting to win games which is a good habit.

It could all go all go horribly wrong but recent performances have been encouraging, maybe too late though.

I like your enthusiasm and I think Southampton are a good example as they steamrollered league 1.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:52 - Feb 24 with 5993 viewsbournemouthblue

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 01:31 - Feb 24 by rgp1

I like your enthusiasm and I think Southampton are a good example as they steamrollered league 1.

although probably better backed financially?

You can certainly be turned around in League One and come back stronger but there is no guarantee

I'm at least confident Lambert is finally getting us in order

I've no doubt a season in League One will do our youngsters the world of good for development. If we can develop a couple of this crop into Championship capable players, things may start to look up!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:00 - Feb 24 with 5700 viewsScuzzer

In League 1. Right level for the owner to sustain us.

Established 1968

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:04 - Feb 24 with 5688 viewsDurovigutum

Competing for the automatic promotion places. We need a striker, the rest of the team will be more than adequate.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:07 - Feb 24 with 5679 viewsBudapestByBlimp

League One - tickling the bottom of the play offs.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:09 - Feb 24 with 5672 viewsFixed_It

A few miles in from the North Sea coast. Unless the weather we are having now suggests a rapid acceleration of global warming!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:13 - Feb 24 with 5649 viewsWD19

4th in League One
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:19 - Feb 24 with 5631 viewsbrogansnose

Top 6 and I'm basing that on teams like Blackburn, Bolton a nd now, seemingly, Barnsley who have done well in coming back up or are top 6 without having massive funds. It won't be easy but having a good, knowledgeable and determined manager counts for a lot.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:28 - Feb 24 with 5581 viewsMullysplace1

Heading to L2. We are going to get a nasty shock next season.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:35 - Feb 24 with 5560 viewsBlue_Moses

I reckon around 10th place. You can't expect a squad who has only won a handful of games in the last 15 months to suddenly start winning every match, it just doesn't happen.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:36 - Feb 24 with 5552 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Top 3 in L1

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:42 - Feb 24 with 5534 viewsChocorange

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:21 - Feb 23 by yorkshire

If we have a team that consists of a lot of those that played today then we will be top 6 League one for sure - be difficult to keep a few of them - like Bart and Keane but with a bit of confidence around the place then this team would be good enough for a promotion fight next yea

I went yesterday and thought we played well. We're on top until the sending off and looking good for 3 points, then a lot of team spirit and support from the fans so very nearly got us over the line. Lovely one touch passing at times too.

Sadly, it Will be a very different team next year .

Bart may be here ... Contract signed before this season so not included in wage cap rules.
Bree won't be here
Pennington won't be here
Chambo.. Probably won't be here, would have to take a big drop in pay.
Knudsen won't be here
Kenlock will be here.

Nolan will be here
Chalobah won't be here
Judge may be here

Keane may be here judging from sound bites but would have to drop pay. The more goals he gets the more likely he won't be here.
Quaner won't be here

At most 5 will be here and even that seems unlikely.

The 3 subs that came on will be here , but Jackson didn't contribute much at all apart from falling over and trying to get free kicks that never came , he didn't hold the ball up .. He has the odd moment where you think what a finish ( WBA) but even in games against poorer sides Accrington, Wigan.. It's not been good at all.

I also don't agree with we have the best young players around and it's a formality that they will see us up that some are peddling.

I fear it's going to be a summer of lots of new players coming in again , but on the plus side it allows PL to get the players in that he wants.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024