Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner 12:08 - Feb 24 with 2887 viewsGarv

Not celebrating was a bit weird wasn't it?

Do you think he feels guilty about moving for family and not necessarily football reasons, plus the fact we are where we are?

He was only with us a year!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Garner on 12:14 - Feb 24 with 2850 viewsPendejo

It's a nice sign of appreciation towards the Ipswich fans I would guess. Certainly with only 1 season's service there would be no expectation of him not celebrating unlike a certain Ipswich born player scoring for Spurs many moons ago.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Garner on 12:15 - Feb 24 with 2844 viewsTractorCam

I found that bizarre that a man who celebrates every goal like he's won a world cup didn't celebrate a big 90th minute equaliser for them. That made me feel sad, and I think he knows that goal has basically relegated us.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Garner on 12:17 - Feb 24 with 2821 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Garner on 12:15 - Feb 24 by TractorCam

I found that bizarre that a man who celebrates every goal like he's won a world cup didn't celebrate a big 90th minute equaliser for them. That made me feel sad, and I think he knows that goal has basically relegated us.

Yeah, touch of class.

Poll: Best Football Song

Garner on 12:22 - Feb 24 with 2789 viewsChampionship

His goal was the equivalent of hammering another nail in our coffin. He knows it and i'm sure he has plenty of mates in the Town squad.
Garner on 12:50 - Feb 24 with 2655 viewsRyorry

Don't think it weird at all - just shows him to be a decent human being with empathy.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Garner on 12:58 - Feb 24 with 2620 viewsPJH

Garner on 12:50 - Feb 24 by Ryorry

Don't think it weird at all - just shows him to be a decent human being with empathy.

He was very chatty with his ex team mates whilst warming up and also before the game.
I agree that it shows him to be a decent human being with empathy.

He actually accomplished the prime function that he was sent onto the pitch to do,scoring a goal, but I do not think it gave him any pleasure in doing it.
Garner on 13:01 - Feb 24 with 2616 viewsBluebell

If he moved for family reasons, who can blame him. No matter what these footballers (or anybody else for that matter) are paid, family must always come first.

Good for him for not celebrating but sod's law it was him that had to score!
Garner on 13:05 - Feb 24 with 2616 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He was really popular player at town within the squad. Chambo greeted him at half time by pretending to headbutt him.

He has loads of friends in the squad and he has just pretty much put them in league one. Classy, really like Joey.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Garner on 17:55 - Feb 24 with 2130 viewsfactual_blue

Garner on 13:01 - Feb 24 by Bluebell

If he moved for family reasons, who can blame him. No matter what these footballers (or anybody else for that matter) are paid, family must always come first.

Good for him for not celebrating but sod's law it was him that had to score!

I think he left rather than play for hurst.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Garner on 12:00 - Feb 25 with 1602 viewsitfcjoe

Think because he left so recently it means he still has lot of friends in the squad, and also we allowed him to move for family reasons so clear a bit of respect towards the club for that.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Garner on 12:08 - Feb 25 with 1559 viewschicoazul

Remember when loads of people on here said he was rubbish, goes to ground too easily, should wind his neck in etc?

Yeah.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Garner on 12:09 - Feb 25 with 1552 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

There have been reports about things not being all rosy in the Wigan squad, and I believe he had some words with Windass who walked straight past him when he was subbed off without shaking his hand or acknowledging him.

Perhaps only a slight factor, but might have been a bit of a reflection of how Garner feels about the current Wigan squad.
on 14:41 - Feb 25 with 1368 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024