Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No meaningful vote next week then 13:14 - Feb 24 with 4389 viewsZedRodgers

No rush lads. Take your time.

No, not at the moment

No meaningful vote next week then on 13:42 - Feb 24 with 3177 viewsChampionship

Getting close now! I don't think I have ever seen such a stupid situation.
No meaningful vote next week then on 14:11 - Feb 24 with 3145 viewspickles110564

No rush indeed Zed, hopefully even closer to No Deal.
No meaningful vote next week then on 14:17 - Feb 24 with 3140 viewsChampionship

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:11 - Feb 24 by pickles110564

Or closer to MPs taking control, extending article 50, the UK having MEP elections and Brexit beginning to die.
No meaningful vote next week then on 14:25 - Feb 24 with 3126 viewsbluejacko

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:17 - Feb 24 by Championship

Or closer to MPs taking control, extending article 50, the UK having MEP elections and Brexit beginning to die.

Ok MP’s “take control” who then does the EU negotiate with.
Like it or not that is what the govt is there for.
No meaningful vote next week then on 14:27 - Feb 24 with 3117 viewsChampionship

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:25 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

Ok MP’s “take control” who then does the EU negotiate with.
Like it or not that is what the govt is there for.

The government. I meat MPs taking control to avoid a hard Brexit. They could also take control and vote for referendum 2.0.
No meaningful vote next week then on 14:34 - Feb 24 with 3108 viewsLeaky

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:27 - Feb 24 by Championship

The government. I meat MPs taking control to avoid a hard Brexit. They could also take control and vote for referendum 2.0.

We could also just leave the EU on March 29th as per the referendum result & Article 50.
Hey why let Democracy get in the way!
No meaningful vote next week then on 14:38 - Feb 24 with 3086 viewsChampionship

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:34 - Feb 24 by Leaky

We could also just leave the EU on March 29th as per the referendum result & Article 50.

The sort of democracy where a mature country can say to its people "now you know much more about what this means, are you still sure it's what you want?'
No meaningful vote next week then on 14:43 - Feb 24 with 3070 viewsDarth_Koont

You know that story about wise King Solomon and how he solved the problem of two women each claiming they were the mother of the baby?

The people who want us to leave without a deal or won't stand in the way of it happening are the ones who would accept half a baby.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:46 - Feb 24 with 3054 viewspickles110564

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:43 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

You know that story about wise King Solomon and how he solved the problem of two women each claiming they were the mother of the baby?

The people who want us to leave without a deal or won't stand in the way of it happening are the ones who would accept half a baby.

Really!
No meaningful vote next week then on 15:29 - Feb 24 with 2999 viewsbluejacko

You really have to laugh! A vote in the HOC can be won with a majority of 1 or 2 votes and it is accepted with out question. Yet a close vote by the people is being in some circles ignored!
Funny system isn’t it?
No meaningful vote next week then on 15:33 - Feb 24 with 2986 viewsDarth_Koont

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:29 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

You really have to laugh! A vote in the HOC can be won with a majority of 1 or 2 votes and it is accepted with out question. Yet a close vote by the people is being in some circles ignored!
Funny system isn’t it?

It's not been ignored though has it. Article 50 was triggered and Brexit has been negotiated with the EU. It's purely on seeing the result of that that we should stay.

Blame May and her shambolic Brexit team for that.

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:44 - Feb 24 with 2952 viewsNo9

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:11 - Feb 24 by pickles110564

Not sure why you want no deal so I keep asking what your business / employment is to try & understand what masochism is behind your thinking
Please help - be honest now
No meaningful vote next week then on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 2946 viewsbluejacko

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:33 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

It's not been ignored though has it. Article 50 was triggered and Brexit has been negotiated with the EU. It's purely on seeing the result of that that we should stay.

Blame May and her shambolic Brexit team for that.

Nope it is MP’s of all parties that are trying to stop Brexit at all costs and frankly if a politician is ever trusted after this it will be a frigging miracle!
No meaningful vote next week then on 15:51 - Feb 24 with 2931 viewsDarth_Koont

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:45 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

Nope it is MP’s of all parties that are trying to stop Brexit at all costs and frankly if a politician is ever trusted after this it will be a frigging miracle!

That doesn't address my post. Everything after the referendum has shown the idiocy of leaving with these clowns not capable of negotiating or even understanding reality.

That's what happens when politicians get involved. They can't stop playing politics — even with one of the biggest issues facing the people of this country in a generation or two.

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:56 - Feb 24 with 2915 viewsSporall

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:46 - Feb 24 by pickles110564

Really!

No meaningful vote next week then by No9 24 Feb 2019 15:44
Not sure why you want no deal so I keep asking what your business / employment is to try & understand what masochism is behind your thinking
Please help - be honest now

No meaningful vote next week then on 16:28 - Feb 24 with 2855 viewsHARRY10

Precisely !

The UK is a representative democracy, where Parliament is sovereign.

So as you say, why should the lawful democratic process hold sway ? All law should be made by those who.... err, don't understand it. Advice is binding, and courts are the enemies of the people.

What next, chopping off the heads of those who do not believe in brexit ?
No meaningful vote next week then on 16:39 - Feb 24 with 2839 viewsDarth_Koont

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:45 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

Why on earth did you trust them before? With few exceptions it's about them and their party, not the truth and/or reality.

No meaningful vote next week then on 16:47 - Feb 24 with 2816 viewsbluejacko

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:51 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

That doesn't address my post. Everything after the referendum has shown the idiocy of leaving with these clowns not capable of negotiating or even understanding reality.

That's what happens when politicians get involved. They can't stop playing politics — even with one of the biggest issues facing the people of this country in a generation or two.

Yes I agree obout politics being in the way,but after the referendum there should not have been any more arguments over leave or stay! They had been given a mandate to as they say ‘get on with it’!There is a deal but if you put a pro EU civil servant in charge of the negotiations then it is no surprise that it is a controversial deal at best.
I will stick by my point about the total lack of cross party cooperation to get a deal but they can get together to try and stop it!
No meaningful vote next week then on 16:56 - Feb 24 with 2801 viewsDarth_Koont

No meaningful vote next week then on 16:47 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

Yes I agree obout politics being in the way,but after the referendum there should not have been any more arguments over leave or stay! They had been given a mandate to as they say ‘get on with it’!There is a deal but if you put a pro EU civil servant in charge of the negotiations then it is no surprise that it is a controversial deal at best.
I will stick by my point about the total lack of cross party cooperation to get a deal but they can get together to try and stop it!

Wait a minute. You had Davis and then Raab in charge of the negotiations. Both committed Leavers and both out of their depth, showing they didn't even really know what they were campaigning for before the referendum.

Re: the lack of cross-party cooperation. Look no further than May. She was so interested in cooperation and consensus that she called a wasteful general election to avoid it. Then teamed up with the worst elements of sectarian politics to avoid it again. Then ignored all calls to look for consensus when it was apparent her deal couldn't win.

Blame your own heroes in government and outside like Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Farage and Banks for lying to you and leading you up the garden path over the past three years.

No meaningful vote next week then on 17:46 - Feb 24 with 2712 viewsbluejacko

No meaningful vote next week then on 16:56 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

Wait a minute. You had Davis and then Raab in charge of the negotiations. Both committed Leavers and both out of their depth, showing they didn't even really know what they were campaigning for before the referendum.

Re: the lack of cross-party cooperation. Look no further than May. She was so interested in cooperation and consensus that she called a wasteful general election to avoid it. Then teamed up with the worst elements of sectarian politics to avoid it again. Then ignored all calls to look for consensus when it was apparent her deal couldn't win.

Blame your own heroes in government and outside like Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Farage and Banks for lying to you and leading you up the garden path over the past three years.

Davis and Raab both resigned when they saw the true negotiators inthis deal.
By sectarian politics I assume you mean the DUP who are the majority party in NI and don’t be fooled by the angels of Sein Fain either because there is plenty of sectarian politics from them as well.
We have been all over this many times but the aLeave campaign did not need a manifesto it just campaigned to leave!
No meaningful vote next week then on 17:51 - Feb 24 with 2703 viewsDarth_Koont

No meaningful vote next week then on 17:46 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

Davis and Raab both resigned when they saw the true negotiators inthis deal.
By sectarian politics I assume you mean the DUP who are the majority party in NI and don’t be fooled by the angels of Sein Fain either because there is plenty of sectarian politics from them as well.
We have been all over this many times but the aLeave campaign did not need a manifesto it just campaigned to leave!

No, but the Leave campaign did need facts and a plan. Things we're all now realising when it's too late.

Why are you looking to blame everyone else for you and your lot's failings? It's your dishonesty, incompetence and ignorance that's put us all here.

No meaningful vote next week then on 18:29 - Feb 24 with 2654 viewspickles110564

No meaningful vote next week then on 17:51 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

No, but the Leave campaign did need facts and a plan. Things we're all now realising when it's too late.

Why are you looking to blame everyone else for you and your lot's failings? It's your dishonesty, incompetence and ignorance that's put us all here.

Yet you still want Scottish Independence? Weird
No meaningful vote next week then on 18:57 - Feb 24 with 2623 viewsbluejacko

No meaningful vote next week then on 17:51 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

That is a load or rubbish! The govt should have had a plan for the eventually of losing the vote,but Cameron didn’t bother because he didn’t think he could possibly lose. Thankfully he was wrong!
ALL our MP’s are to blame for not being able to see the bigger picture here and work together to get this sorted. So who my lot are I have no idea.
No meaningful vote next week then on 19:00 - Feb 24 with 2620 viewsbluejacko

No meaningful vote next week then on 18:29 - Feb 24 by pickles110564

Yet you still want Scottish Independence? Weird

Oh dear does that mean he can get back into the EU?
No meaningful vote next week then on 19:08 - Feb 24 with 2614 viewsGlasgowBlue

FFS. Have a day off Zed. It's been a lovely day today. Glorious sunshine.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024