Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anything that sums up modern football better 17:39 - Feb 24 with 5787 viewsChampionship

than a Wembley cup final where the best seats in the house are given to corporate sponsors and are half empty 6+ minutes after the second half kicks off?
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 17:43 - Feb 24 with 5735 viewsPecker

I would say that the billions of pounds given to the top flight clubs is a bigger issue.
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 17:44 - Feb 24 with 5740 viewsgtsb

I read somewhere, not that long ago, that a lot of clubs in the premier league could survive without fans and therefore gate money. That's how shoite football has become.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 17:45]
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 17:45 - Feb 24 with 5729 viewsChampionship

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 17:43 - Feb 24 by Pecker

I would say that the billions of pounds given to the top flight clubs is a bigger issue.

You're not enjoying these two teams bore each other to death by cancelling each other out?
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 18:10 - Feb 24 with 5637 viewsPecker

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 17:45 - Feb 24 by Championship

You're not enjoying these two teams bore each other to death by cancelling each other out?

You ask "Is there anything that sums up modern football better". I would suggest that the fast fortunes in top flight football sums it up better. Just an opinion. I am not watching the game.
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 18:20 - Feb 24 with 5574 viewsSitfcB

Is this post from 2008?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 18:22 - Feb 24 with 5575 viewsbontcho

How about that the 5th best team in England is playing like a non-league team against the 2nd best team? Or the sources of funding for each team?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 18:30 - Feb 24 with 5543 viewsFtnfwest

They’ve even cleared off for extra time now!
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 18:32 - Feb 24 with 5533 viewsfooters

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 17:44 - Feb 24 by gtsb

I read somewhere, not that long ago, that a lot of clubs in the premier league could survive without fans and therefore gate money. That's how shoite football has become.

That's fine. Chelsea and United only need tourist dollars, not fans.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 18:51 - Feb 24 with 5450 viewsdavblue

The seats around the dugouts are usually the players tickets, well they were when I went to the league 2 play off final a few years ago.
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 19:04 - Feb 24 with 5401 viewsTractorWood

They are blue chip tickets for players and key sponsors. They include free food and beer. Hence why people are never in their seats.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 19:58 - Feb 24 with 5270 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 19:04 - Feb 24 by TractorWood

They are blue chip tickets for players and key sponsors. They include free food and beer. Hence why people are never in their seats.

Been in the Bobby Moore club a few times

As you say free food/drinks, and it’s incredibly easy to have one more and thus be 5/10 mins late returning. Doesn’t help that you’re inside and whilst there are screens telling you when the game restarts, there is no volume and lots of background noise (which also drowns out the crowd in the stadium which you would usually hear from a normal concourse)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 07:32 - Feb 25 with 4956 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 19:58 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Been in the Bobby Moore club a few times

As you say free food/drinks, and it’s incredibly easy to have one more and thus be 5/10 mins late returning. Doesn’t help that you’re inside and whilst there are screens telling you when the game restarts, there is no volume and lots of background noise (which also drowns out the crowd in the stadium which you would usually hear from a normal concourse)

*Obligatory look at me post*

Poll: Best Football Song

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 08:04 - Feb 25 with 4875 viewsBenters2

This.

With added football used to be a game followed by simple folk,land workers if you will,maybe a few wheel tappers and foundary workers with whippets.. now sadly it’s followed by fake tanned bearded tattooed look at me merchant university bods, who are more interested in chatting about the economy than football,whilst sipping £6 bottled lager wearing trainers and clothes costing more than a two up two down in Burnley.

The End.
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 08:07 - Feb 25 with 4857 viewschicoazul

I dont hink those seats, if you mean the ones behind and around the dugouts, are corporate. They are Club Wembley.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 08:08 - Feb 25 with 4855 viewsbritbiker

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 17:45 - Feb 24 by Championship

Theres no doubting the quality of both teams players but how sterile has top flight football become. I rarely watch cup finals and that game bored the life out of me. I turned off after 80 mins and watched a film.
It was like watching computerised football where you can plot each pass. Give me errors, passion and the warts and all of lower league football any day.
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 08:08 - Feb 25 with 4854 viewsfooters

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 08:04 - Feb 25 by Benters2

This.

With added football used to be a game followed by simple folk,land workers if you will,maybe a few wheel tappers and foundary workers with whippets.. now sadly it’s followed by fake tanned bearded tattooed look at me merchant university bods, who are more interested in chatting about the economy than football,whilst sipping £6 bottled lager wearing trainers and clothes costing more than a two up two down in Burnley.

The End.

Welcome to Basics of Psychology. Our first lesson will be on projection. Please read this source text and reply with an essay no longer than 500 words.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 08:23 - Feb 25 with 4823 viewsLeaky

I think Bournemouth are already in that position
Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 09:21 - Feb 25 with 4709 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is there anything that sums up modern football better on 07:32 - Feb 25 by RoyKeanesDog

*Obligatory look at me post*

LOL, even met John Salako in there, look at me indeed 😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024