Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) 19:03 - Feb 24 with 3546 viewsGlasgowBlue

edit. He changed his mind.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 19:03]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:04 - Feb 24 with 2410 viewsChampionship

That was Sarri's Jon Snow moment. Sarri failed miserably. Truly amazing.

Sacked in the morning. Authority has crumbled.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:04 - Feb 24 with 2405 viewsm14_blue

Never seen anything like it.

Crazy.

Glad I sat through 120 minutes of dross now. Be interesting to see what happens at full time
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:04 - Feb 24 with 2405 viewsRegencyBlue

He certainly has no authority left whatever happens!
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:06 - Feb 24 with 2392 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:04 - Feb 24 by Championship

That was Sarri's Jon Snow moment. Sarri failed miserably. Truly amazing.

Sacked in the morning. Authority has crumbled.

I've never seen anything like it.

I bet he walks tonight.

Iron Lion Zion

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:06 - Feb 24 with 2394 viewschristiand

That was the impression I got too. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that Chelsea changing room...tasty!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:07 - Feb 24 with 2377 viewsmanchego

Hard to tell on the radio.

So Sarri wants to change the goalie but he refuses to go and stays on the pitch ?
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:07 - Feb 24 with 2375 viewsgt81

Be interesting if the keeper that didn't come off won the shootout....
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:09 - Feb 24 with 2354 viewsTractorWood

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:07 - Feb 24 by manchego

Hard to tell on the radio.

So Sarri wants to change the goalie but he refuses to go and stays on the pitch ?

Keeper going down with cramp a couple of times. Manager goes to sub him off and keeper says he's fine. Number seems to go up and keeper refuses.

Manager totally undermined. Will presumably go regardless of result.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:10 - Feb 24 with 2342 viewsITFC_Forever

Whole episode has embarrassed all concerned.

If I was Sarri, he’d never play for me again.... unfortunately that’ll be a moot point as he’ll be gone soon anyway.

Sums up modern footballers. Think they can do what they like. Chelsea players simply down tools and not outright disobey the manager if decide they don’t like him.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:11 - Feb 24 with 2322 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Player power at Chelski still rules supreme.

I hope Sarri tells the club to do one.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:12 - Feb 24 with 2309 viewsTractorWood

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:10 - Feb 24 by ITFC_Forever

If I was Sarri, he’d never play for me again.... unfortunately that’ll be a moot point as he’ll be gone soon anyway.

Sums up modern footballers. Think they can do what they like. Chelsea players simply down tools and not outright disobey the manager if decide they don’t like him.

Jorginho with a strong contender for most ridiculous penalty in history.

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:15 - Feb 24 with 2277 viewsfooters

Can someone give a precis, please? What did he do/say?

Been a dead man walking for a while...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:15 - Feb 24 with 2281 viewsSporall

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:10 - Feb 24 by ITFC_Forever

Great to see Kepa let one go in under him. Shame he then saved one. Should never play for the club again. Absolute disgrace.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:18 - Feb 24 with 2249 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:07 - Feb 24 by gt81

Be interesting if the keeper that didn't come off won the shootout....

Let one roll under him. Arf!

Iron Lion Zion

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:21 - Feb 24 with 2201 viewsTractorWood

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:18 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Gives it the big one. Aguero rolls it straight at him and he jumps over it. Couldn't write it.

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:21 - Feb 24 with 2215 viewsChampionship

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:15 - Feb 24 by footers

Can someone give a precis, please? What did he do/say?

Been a dead man walking for a while...

Arrizabalaga got cramp and the game had to be stopped. Physio treated him. Sarri decided not to risk him for the shoot out and tried to sub him. Arrizabalaga refused to come off and this went on for a couple of minutes until Sarri backed down. Sarri was livid and looked like he was walking out but he turned round and came back.

Sarri has no credibility left. The second Arrizabalaga started waving Sarri off before the sub he had to be subbed for Sarri to have any authority. Either the captain or Sarri himself should have forced Arrizabalaga off.

Sarri will likely walk or be sacked tomorrow.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:21 - Feb 24 with 2188 viewsgt81

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:18 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Aye, the fallout will be interesting.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:26 - Feb 24 with 2124 viewsfooters

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:21 - Feb 24 by Championship

Arrizabalaga got cramp and the game had to be stopped. Physio treated him. Sarri decided not to risk him for the shoot out and tried to sub him. Arrizabalaga refused to come off and this went on for a couple of minutes until Sarri backed down. Sarri was livid and looked like he was walking out but he turned round and came back.

Sarri has no credibility left. The second Arrizabalaga started waving Sarri off before the sub he had to be subbed for Sarri to have any authority. Either the captain or Sarri himself should have forced Arrizabalaga off.

Fecking hell. Er, yeah- that's pretty awkward, having your player rejecting your decision as manager. You're right, his P45 will be arriving tomorrow- or is Roman even that bothered anymore? Seems his enthusiasm for Chelski has waned in recent years...

What was the other famous recent one? Was it at the Euros or something, a complete keeper swap for the shoot-out? Sorry, my brain is frazzled this eve. Was successful iirc.

P.S. Thank you for summing up- am watching non-football tings.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 19:27]

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:29 - Feb 24 with 2093 viewsnorth_stand77

Felt sorry for Sarri.
Keeper let him down big time.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:31 - Feb 24 with 2076 viewsChampionship

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:26 - Feb 24 by footers

Fecking hell. Er, yeah- that's pretty awkward, having your player rejecting your decision as manager. You're right, his P45 will be arriving tomorrow- or is Roman even that bothered anymore? Seems his enthusiasm for Chelski has waned in recent years...

What was the other famous recent one? Was it at the Euros or something, a complete keeper swap for the shoot-out? Sorry, my brain is frazzled this eve. Was successful iirc.

P.S. Thank you for summing up- am watching non-football tings.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 19:27]

Krul came on for a shootout. If I remember correctly that one worked and their #1 didn't protest.

What was interesting is that Zola looked like he wanted Sarri to assert his authority and Sarri backed down. The fact the Chelsea captain (not even sure who that was today, Kante?) didn't even bother to tell him to get off the pitch was another nail in Sarri's coffin. He's done.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 24 with 2058 viewschristiand

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:21 - Feb 24 by Championship

Although Kepa had cramp, perhaps Sarri thinks Cabarello is better at saving penalties? If you were Sarri would you have gone on the pitch and dragged him off? That incident just shows you what’s wrong with that club and why they need to change managers all the time. The players rule at Chelsea.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 20:10]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:36 - Feb 24 with 2024 views3_5_2

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:11 - Feb 24 by StochesStotasBlewe

Player power at Chelski still rules supreme.

I hope Sarri tells the club to do one.

exactly

when a player refuses to come off, the manager has lost all respect

Can you imagine Sir Alex? He would have gone on the pitch and physically dragged him off and put him in a taxi!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:36 - Feb 24 with 2028 viewsChampionship

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 24 by christiand

Although Kepa had cramp, perhaps Sarri thinks Cabarello is better at saving penalties? If you were Sarri would you have gone on the pitch and dragged him off? That incident just shows you what’s wrong with that club and why they need to change managers all the time. The players rule at Chelsea.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 20:10]

Sarri had to act somehow. His job was on the line in my opinion. The second Arrizabalaga started waving Sarri away like he did before the sub he needed to be subbed. Sarri can't bow to a player.

I think Sarri would have looked far better going on the pitch and telling him to get off or he'd never play for Chelsea again than back down. Zola looked disgusted.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:37 - Feb 24 with 2018 viewsPJH

I doubt if Sarri will still be there to pick the team for their next game on Wednesday but the keeper should never play for the club again.
Zola, who seems by Chelsea's standards to be very honourable, was getting wound up by the keeper's refusal to come off too.
Chelsea currently are even more shambolic than usual.
I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:40 - Feb 24 with 1991 viewsfooters

I think Sari has just quit during the cup final (n/t) on 19:31 - Feb 24 by Championship

Krul came on for a shootout. If I remember correctly that one worked and their #1 didn't protest.

What was interesting is that Zola looked like he wanted Sarri to assert his authority and Sarri backed down. The fact the Chelsea captain (not even sure who that was today, Kante?) didn't even bother to tell him to get off the pitch was another nail in Sarri's coffin. He's done.

Cheers! Van Gaal is a strange, strange peep... Still, his intuition seemed to work on that day. Can't believe it was that long ago! Time flies when your team is on a downward spiral...

Edit: Sunday lunchtime pints-induced spelling erroarswcx.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 19:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024